[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All is Well

All is Well

Today Diana Ross revealed her new single to be released soon, all is well

Her voice sounds so good on this song. I really like it.

This is pleasant if a bit sappy. Very ‘Voice Of Love”.
    “ I Still Believe” is a mini gem, so am hoping will be the fourth single complete with a knockout video from Diana with promotion a plenty. She’s probably filming it as I type.

It's a beauty -

This will definitely please those who love the ballads. I tend to prefer the uptempo songs, so this would not have been my choice of single; and I would have picked "Just In Case" over "All is Well" but I guess Ross likes to highlight the song her daughter wrote. It is a bit harking back to the "I Love You" album. It was played this morning on the Dutch radio! So that was nice!

https://youtu.be/ZYaCxxUul6k { Here you go All is well }

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    This will definitely please those who love the ballads. I tend to prefer the uptempo songs, so this would not have been my choice of single; and I would have picked "Just In Case" over "All is Well" but I guess Ross likes to highlight the song her daughter wrote. It is a bit harking back to the "I Love You" album. It was played this morning on the Dutch radio! So that was nice!
    Nice to hear of the Dutch radio airplay.

The more I listen to it the less i like it. No discerning melody and the lyrics are cheese on a stick. Big let down after the excellent first two singles. Perhaps Rhonda being co-writer prompted this release, but i think there are better ballads to be had on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The more I listen to it the less i like it. No discerning melody and the lyrics are cheese on a stick. Big let down after the excellent first two singles. Perhaps Rhonda being co-writer prompted this release, but i think there are better ballads to be had on the album.
    Maybe it's because we're looking at it from a UK perspective but you've called this exactly, Ollie.

Nice song, nice album track but it's a fan's track - where's the hook?

What we needed was a radio-friendly ballad with a melodic and big chorus for UK radio.

Without hearing the album tracks in full it's impossible to tell what this might be.

This is more The Best Years Of My Life than One Shining Moment which as Bluebrock told us would never have been a single until it was reported back that it was the radio-friendly track from Force.

I hope to be proved wrong but the release of the album has been bungled in the UK despite the quality of the first two releases and I fear it will tank - I'm not even expecting a high first week position in the chart.

Now on Spotify. Lovely arrangement and excellent vocal. With its [[at least) 2 subtle hooks and positive message there's something Stevie W-ish about this. Certainly not 'hit single' material but a great album track. A nice song to couples-dance to!

Nice vocal, but song is a bit too sappy and treacly for my taste lyric wise. Not shocked to hear Rhonda wrote this. I remember when she opened for her mom at Hollywood Bowl a few years back. Rhonda is a good singer and has a sunny stage presence. But her songs were very preachy, to the point that I found them off putting. Looks like she still uses songwriting as an excuse to preach.

Now, y'all KNOW this is the song I've been waiting for. It's a love for me. I needed Miss Ross to tell me all is well today. I hope you all are all well and in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Maybe it's because we're looking at it from a UK perspective but you've called this exactly, Ollie.

What we needed was a radio-friendly ballad with a melodic and big chorus for UK radio.

Without hearing the album tracks in full it's impossible to tell what this might be.

This is more The Best Years Of My Life than One Shining Moment which as Bluebrock told us would never have been a single until it was reported back that it was the radio-friendly track from Force.

I hope to be proved wrong but the release of the album has been bungled in the UK despite the quality of the first two releases and I fear it will tank - I'm not even expecting a high first week position in the chart.
    I reluctantly agree Florence. “If The World Just Danced” should have been the first single, with the search for dancers adding media and fan interest prior to its release, not after.
    I personally find “All Is Well” rather wet and sappy, so doubt it will do much to generate further interest in the album. Hoping to be proved wrong though.
    Hopefully Diana will go all out to promote “I Still Believe” should it be the fourth single.

The more I hear the song the more of it, but besides all that Diana Ross just made an appearance on her Instagram page singing all is well she’ll looks as good as ever so there you go

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post

Thank you for being a realist. Pitted against ABBA, "Thank You" doesn't stand a chance. And that's just based on the release date. The album is just not good. Yes I know I know. I'm in the minority here. But 20 fans praising it on a Diana Ross message board ain't gonna generate sales. The fans will buy regardless. You need the GENERAL PUBLIC to buy into it. And with no radio play or brick and mortar, they don't even know this exists.

Whatever the album is not good ,if it was a Mary Wilson album you’ll be right on it going wild and crazy insane is the best album in the world if you have nothing good to say don’t say it at all this album is absolutely incredible you can /////// o

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Now, y'all KNOW this is the song I've been waiting for. It's a love for me. I needed Miss Ross to tell me all is well today. I hope you all are all well and in good health.
    And an AMEN from me, JLL! Feelin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Whatever the album is not good ,if it was a Mary Wilson album you’ll be right on it going wild and crazy insane is the best album in the world if you have nothing good to say don’t say it at all this album is absolutely incredible you can /////// o
    Don't let the playground bullies bother you one bit, AY! The 'ignore' option here is a wonderful thing. More love for your support of our girl! We have a new Diana Ross album coming !!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Thank you for being a realist. Pitted against ABBA, "Thank You" doesn't stand a chance. And that's just based on the release date. The album is just not good. Yes I know I know. I'm in the minority here. But 20 fans praising it on a Diana Ross message board ain't gonna generate sales. The fans will buy regardless. You need the GENERAL PUBLIC to buy into it. And with no radio play or brick and mortar, they don't even know this exists.
    Well that may be your opinion. But I think the new album is really good. And I am so excited for it. Why are you so concerned if it’s a hit or not? Fair criticism is fine but to say the albun is no good. Even before hearing all the songs. I have a feeling this could be the best album ever and you would still say it wasn’t no good. SMDH !!

Go ahead and live on your fantasy island. Did I ever once say that I'm not buying it? Of course I am buying it. And I'll be the first one to post after listening to it if my opinion changes. But if we're talking bullies here, why can't I express my thoughts without everyone ganging up on ME? That's a two way street. I just have the balls to say the music is dull. I've said several times I really like the track "Thank You". Everything else is shite. IN MY OPINION. You all post that this is going to soar Diana back to the top of the charts. Sorry hunty, ain't happening. Block away.

Go ahead and live on your fantasy island. Did I ever once say that I'm not buying it? Of course I am buying it. And I'll be the first one to post after listening to it if my opinion changes. But if we're talking bullies here, why can't I express my thoughts without everyone ganging up on ME? That's a two way street. I just have the balls to say the music is dull. I've said several times I really like the track "Thank You". Everything else is shite. IN MY OPINION. You all post that this is going to soar Diana back to the top of the charts. Sorry hunty, ain't happening. Block away.
    I never once heard anyone say this album was going to soar to the top of the charts. Everyone in their right minds knows that it would nearly be impossible for a 77 year old singer to get a #1 in this country. No matter how good the material. No ones living on fantasy island. We’re just happy Diana has recorded a new album after 15 years. And too bad you don’t like it. That’s your opinion. And that’s fine. I happen to really enjoy the songs that have been released and that is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Don't let the playground bullies bother you one bit, AY! The 'ignore' option here is a wonderful thing. More love for your support of our girl! We have a new Diana Ross album coming !!
    Preach baby preach this particular person has always had a -Diana Ross hate no matter what she does she hates that’s just the way it is why even bother saying stuff like that does really doesn’t make a sense what kind of a person does that this album is amazing and at the world just danced Just one of the best songs out there
    Last edited by after you; 10-23-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Preach baby preach this particular person has always had a -Diana Ross hate no matter what she does she hates that’s just the way it is why even bother saying stuff like that does really doesn’t make a sense what kind of a person does that this album is amazing and at the world just danced Just one of the best songs out there
    Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

As of this posting, “All Is Well” ranks at #20 on Amazon’s Best Selling Songs [[Paid) chart, and #9 on the Best Selling Pop Songs [[Paid) chart.
    Remember to keep streaming the song online from the singer’s official accounts — streams matter in a song’s performance these days. Here’s the official YouTube clip to make it easy for you! From the Diana Ross project

As of this posting, “All Is Well” ranks at #20 on Amazon’s Best Selling Songs [[Paid) chart, and #9 on the Best Selling Pop Songs [[Paid) chart.
    Remember to keep streaming the song online from the singer’s official accounts — streams matter in a song’s performance these days. Here’s the official YouTube clip to make it easy for you! From the Diana Ross project
    That’s wonderful news. Thanks for sharing.

I felt like tearing up when I saw Miss Ross' face at that monitor filming the music video. She looks so beautiful and so radiant. So happy to know she is well. I cannot WAIT for this music video. This is my favorite song released from the album so far. I cannot wait to bump it in my car!

I felt like tearing up when I saw Miss Ross' face at that monitor filming the music video. She looks so beautiful and so radiant. So happy to know she is well. I cannot WAIT for this music video. This is my favorite song released from the album so far. I cannot wait to bump it in my car!
    That's really touching. I myself was actually in floods of tears for all the wrong reasons.
    I feel much better now, if still a little tearful around the edges. After all, it’s not the only song on the album, and we have four decades of music to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I never once heard anyone say this album was going to soar to the top of the charts. Everyone in their right minds knows that it would nearly be impossible for a 77 year old singer to get a #1 in this country. No matter how good the material. No ones living on fantasy island. We’re just happy Diana has recorded a new album after 15 years. And too bad you don’t like it. That’s your opinion. And that’s fine. I happen to really enjoy the songs that have been released and that is my opinion.
    One of the forum's true gentlemen and always a sane voice here, VG. That Shakespeare dude could have not said it better than thou! So far I've loved 3 and really liked 1 more of the songs on the upcoming album so for me the project is already a win! Best always -

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Nice vocal, but song is a bit too sappy and treacly for my taste lyric wise. Not shocked to hear Rhonda wrote this. I remember when she opened for her mom at Hollywood Bowl a few years back. Rhonda is a good singer and has a sunny stage presence. But her songs were very preachy, to the point that I found them off putting. Looks like she still uses songwriting as an excuse to preach.
    Agree. “All Is Well” being a prime example of this containing lyrics such as “Hold on to your centre under the moonlight” being hard to take seriously. It certainly has me reaching for my Billie Holiday albums. Next song please Diana.

"All is Well". I like this song. It's mellow and relaxing. Diana Ross' sweet vocals are the highlights of the song. We need songs like this to remind us to be grateful of kindness. I feel happy when I hear this song. Thank you! Bravo!
    Last edited by TNSUN; 10-24-2021 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Error

After blocking A few I feel better on with the show this song will be also good with a nice bottle of red wine sitting by closing your eyes and thinking about all the good times and your friends cheers all is well
    Last edited by after you; 10-24-2021 at 08:15 PM.

I love Diana's uptempo tracks and her ballads equally -- always have and always will -- both on her new upcoming CD and in general. That said, I wanted to love "All Is Well" but I don't. The melody and strange chords rub me the wrong way -- almost a-tonal at times. What I DO love, however, is Diana's new "Time To Call". It's pure Diana -- almost Michael Masser-ish. I believe it would get a lot more airplay and positive fan response than "All Is Well".

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I love Diana's uptempo tracks and her ballads equally -- always have and always will -- both on her new upcoming CD and in general. That said, I wanted to love "All Is Well" but I don't. The melody and strange chords rub me the wrong way -- almost a-tonal at times. What I DO love, however, is Diana's new "Time To Call". It's pure Diana -- almost Michael Masser-ish. I believe it would get a lot more airplay and positive fan response than "All Is Well".
    I am very much in agreement Gary. I so wanted to like “All Is Well” but actually find it quite grating. Its such a slight song, with very little for Diana to actually work with. At best it’s a lukewarm album track. If not for the Rhonda connection, i wonder if it would ever have been selected.
    Regarding “Time To Call”, i never thought of the Masser analogy but your right, it is reminiscent of his work minus the final crescendo lol. It’s a beautiful ballad with poignant lyrics and touching vocal performance from Diana. Hard to understand why it was overlooked when it ticks so many boxes.
    Talking of Masser, the situation is reminiscent of when “Stay With Me”, being the obvious choice for a single was never released.

I am very much in agreement Gary. I so wanted to like “All Is Well” but actually find it quite grating. Its such a slight song, with very little for Diana to actually work with. At best it’s a lukewarm album track. If not for the Rhonda connection, i wonder if it would ever have been selected.
    Regarding “Time To Call”, i never thought of the Masser analogy but your right, it is reminiscent of his work minus the final crescendo lol. It’s a beautiful ballad with poignant lyrics and touching vocal performance from Diana. Hard to understand why it was overlooked when it ticks so many boxes.
    Talking of Masser, the situation is reminiscent of when “Stay With Me”, being the obvious choice for a single was never released.
    Thanks, Olie. "Stay With Me" would have made a beautiful single release. I remember how taken I was by it when I first heard it on Diana's "To Love Again" LP.

So many of us are singing from the same hymn sheet here.

All Is Well is a terrible choice as a vehicle to support the new album - surely has to be the family connection?

Time To Call is the track which immediately caught my ear - sounds like it would have been a massive UK hit in yesteryear alhough again the snippet could be misleading and you need to hear the full track.

As Ollie says Stay With Me was a massive lost opportunity for Diana in the UK.

I like All Is Well but I fear that it is not going to be the song that helps launch the album.

With the speed of single releases from the abum I am hoping that Time To Call will be released as a Christmas single. It just feels right for that time of year to me. That could be the catalyst for good album sales.

Hasn't it felt evident to you all that Diana Ross does not care about album sales? She's pushed an album before, toured for an album before, promoted an album on every late night show, on every talk show, done specials to coincide with an albums release all before. She's sang every love song you, every love lyric, some heartbreak lyrics, some lyrics where She's down, but she'll get back up, and she ain't been kicked or kicked. She's released three songs giving thanks, how to get the world back to what we were, and now she's telling us everything is going to be OK if we keep looking towards love. She clearly is not worried about storming the charts. This is an album just for us. She hasn't stormed the charts in decades. She's literally given us music since she as in her teens. She'll be 80 in a few years. Let's just enjoy the music. If we don't enjoy it, NEXT! If we're fortunate enough to get a new album, that is.

Hasn't it felt evident to you all that Diana Ross does not care about album sales? She's pushed an album before, toured for an album before, promoted an album on every late night show, on every talk show, done specials to coincide with an albums release all before. She's sang every love song you, every love lyric, some heartbreak lyrics, some lyrics where She's down, but she'll get back up, and she ain't been kicked or kicked. She's released three songs giving thanks, how to get the world back to what we were, and now she's telling us everything is going to be OK if we keep looking towards love. She clearly is not worried about storming the charts. This is an album just for us. She hasn't stormed the charts in decades. She's literally given us music since she as in her teens. She'll be 80 in a few years. Let's just enjoy the music. If we don't enjoy it, NEXT! If we're fortunate enough to get a new album, that is.
    I think you may be looking through rose tinted specs.
    It would be rather hard to believe Diana, not to mention the record company wouldn’t be more than a little chuffed if the album sold reasonably well, making money for them both in the process. I also believe she would be extremely disappointed if it bombed. She is after all an astute business woman. That’s why it’s confusing that such a weak song was chosen as a single.

I think you may be looking through rose tinted specs.
    It would be rather hard to believe Diana, not to mention the record company wouldn’t be more than a little chuffed if the album sold reasonably well, making money for them both in the process. I also believe she would be extremely disappointed if it bombed. She is after all an astute business woman. That’s why it’s confusing that such a weak song was chosen as a single.
    That would be a plus if it sold well. She's had more Eaten Alice's than Dianas, as far as record sales are concerned,if we're all honest with ourselves. No record label releasing a Diana Ross album in 2021 is stupid. She recorded the songs from home. I'm sure they'll get the return on their investment within the first 2 weeks of the album dropping.

A 'bravo' from here, to each and every word of your post. True fans are happy to have this album on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    A 'bravo' from here, to each and every word of your post. True fans are happy to have this album on the way!
    Erm, did anyone on this thread mention they are not pleased to have a new album....NO.
    True fans my Aunt Fanny.

A couple of weeks ago her social media accounts posted about "If the World Just Danced" hitting #1 on the BBC2 Radio playlist, so she or someone on her team seems to care about such matters.

She may not have the burning fire to be #1 like she did when starting out 60 years ago [[good news for Adele when she has to cross the street). But I suspect she wants the songs she's worked on to find an audience beyond her die hard fans.

Hopefully All is Well is not going to get a big push and was issued to further whet the appetite and get the die hard fans even more in her corner than they already are. Perhaps Time to Call will be the showcase release when the album drops?

Needless to say, the way singles are released and albums are promoted and marketed have changed a lot in the last decade and certainly a whole new world compared to 40, 50 and 60 years ago.

I’m in agreement with you on this one. Every artist wants success and acclaim, but this project and the message it clearly conveys seems to be Diana’s intention. I’m excited to hear it…

A couple of weeks ago her social media accounts posted about "If the World Just Danced" hitting #1 on the BBC2 Radio playlist, so she or someone on her team seems to care about such matters.
    Precisely. It’s a cute, warm and fuzzy sentiment, but to imagine an artist couldn't give a jot whether or not anyone buys an album they have taken time to record is quite frankly absurd. First and foremost Diana is, and always has been a shrewd businesswoman.

She may not have the burning fire to be #1 like she did when starting out 60 years ago [[good news for Adele when she has to cross the street). But I suspect she wants the songs she's worked on to find an audience beyond her die hard fans.
    She barely knows what social media is, and I doubt very seriously she runs the account. She, like the label, is appreciative for the #1, but it's a radio Playlist. Some callers are requesting the song and I'm sure they are happy about that. Mr. Blue said she hated doing music videos, and she seems very old school. Drop the music, and if people like it they'll buy it. If not, NEXT! [[Which is what she told Barbara Walters when Barbara asked her what if her album doesn't sell.) I'm sure they'd be happy for album success, but they've done darn near everything to prohibit that [[pushback[[s), the album coming out MONTHS after the first single, no new images of her, no interviews, etc.) Does not look like it will storm the billboard charts, and if they wanted it to, they know how to make an album a success. The mere fact that they're so lax with everything shows me she just wants the music out for us, and I am 100% ok with that.

Precisely. It’s a cute, warm and fuzzy sentiment, but to imagine an artist couldn't give a jot whether or not anyone buys an album they have taken time to record is quite frankly absurd. First and foremost Diana is, and always has been a shrewd businesswoman.
    According to you all, she's been doing business incorrectly for the past 30 years.

I'm not saying she does not want the success. I'm saying she has had it time and time again, and stars like she, Miss Streisand and others have worked the circuit enough, and milked an album and it is tiring to them. What's wrong with them just recording and releasing the music? Everyone here is saying this song won't storm the charts, or this should've been a better single, but these professionals don't seem to care, so why should we? I'd rather she did films, anyway, so her chart success does not really matter to me. I think she looks fantastic shooting the video, and I cannot wait for it to come out.

According to you all, she's been doing business incorrectly for the past 30 years.

I'm not saying she does not want the success. I'm saying she has had it time and time again, and stars like she, Miss Streisand and others have worked the circuit enough, and milked an album and it is tiring to them. What's wrong with them just recording and releasing the music? Everyone here is saying this song won't storm the charts, or this should've been a better single, but these professionals don't seem to care, so why should we? I'd rather she did films, anyway, so her chart success does not really matter to me. I think she looks fantastic shooting the video, and I cannot wait for it to come out.
    Doing things incorrectly for 30 years because she wasn’t releasing music purely for the fans without thought of financial gain.
    How do you know Diana doesn’t care if her album sells or subsequent singles do well?. Has she personally told you?. It might well be the utmost thought on her mind. A lot is being presumed here.
    I think it only natural that fans should wish to express their thoughts and opinions on an album and potential singles that we have waited fifteen years for. Why would you not?.
    If that’s not what a person wishes to hear or discuss, they are free to start a thread on something that does interest them and leave the rest of us to debate.

You all know I love Diane, but the tracks I've heard do nothing for me. I'm in agreement with marybrewster on this one. Ross is best when she challenges herself, and neither the material nor the vocalizing on this one challenge her in the slightest. To me the vocals sound "phoned in," on the tracks I've heard. But to me it's the kind of album that should have stayed a family project. Beyond the fact that it has little commercial potential, I think it's just uninspired and pedestrian.

Like marybrewster, I will buy a copy because of fan loyalty but unless the tracks yet to be revealed are quite different, I doubt I'll play it much.

I held back expressing my opinion until now because I didn't want to put a damper on anyone's happiness at the new release, but it isn't fair to denigrate marybrewster or anyone. She expressed her opinion honestly and without being snarky, and everyone on the forum should be allowed to do that.

I don't think the songs I've heard so far from the album can live up to the many legendary songs that Ross has recorded in her lifetime. Most reviews of the album have been lukewarm, mostly based on the indeed "pedestrian" quality of the material. But what I like, even love, about the songs I've heard so far is the pleasure that Ross clearly has in performing this material. She does not sound like "phoning in" to me at all. And unlike the "I Love You" album, which sounded a bit karaoke to me, Ross seems to be having a ball. And you can hear that in the music. Diana's gift is making the most pedestrian lyric sound sincere, and she convinces me with these songs, particularly "Thank You." It will never be "The Boss," or "Love Hangover," but damn, I never thought I would be looking forward to a new Diana Ross album in my life, and guess what, that's what I'm doing right now. Let the rest of the world have ABBA, we've got Ross.

@jaap,

nicely put...

K