[REMOVE ADS]

Are the Contours or any variation performing currently?

The Contours never seem to get the publicity that the Temptations and the Four Tops or Spinners do.

Just wondering, does anyone know of any ex-Contours performing currently with newly inducted Contours?

Just wondering. I really like the Contours. I wish they would have stuck together and continued pleasing their audiences.

I believe Joe Billingslea was finally able to trademark "The Contours", so I'm not sure any former members can technically tour as the group. For a while I know there were several groups, one lead by Joe; another by Sylvester Potts. Potts died several years ago.

I thought though that Odell Jones had a "tribute" group? I don't think any of them are touring yet, due to Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    The Contours never seem to get the publicity that the Temptations and the Four Tops or Spinners do.

Just wondering, does anyone know of any ex-Contours performing currently with newly inducted Contours?

Just wondering. I really like the Contours. I wish they would have stuck together and continued pleasing their audiences.
    I can't answer your question but I do think they were a great group. It seems like there were internal issues within the group surrounding substance abuse issues that prevented them from advancing. Plus it seems that after '63 or so Motown really turned their focus to groups that could play to the supper club crowds and sing showtunes.

On our various tv specials - typically we had Joe and Sylvester, and occasionally Billy Hoggs would join them.

This is from 2 years ago! I believe Joe Billingslea is second on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

This is from 2 years ago! I believe Joe Billingslea is second on the left.
    It is! Enjoyed that