[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes On "Only Murders In The Building"

Is anyone else watching "Only Murders In The Building" on Hulu? Tonight's episode featured The Supremes' cover of "Manhattan" in almost its entirety. It was such a wonderful surprise when you consider it's not one of their big hits and there are so many versions of that song. I think I'm overdue to re-listen to the extended version of Sing Rodgers & Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    Is anyone else watching "Only Murders In The Building" on Hulu? Tonight's episode featured The Supremes' cover of "Manhattan" in almost its entirety. It was such a wonderful surprise when you consider it's not one of their big hits and there are so many versions of that song. I think I'm overdue to re-listen to the extended version of Sing Rodgers & Hart.
    SR&H is indeed always good for a re-listen! I love that OMTB chose The Supremes version of Manhattan over the thousands of versions available. A wonderful surprise indeed.

It's on my watchlist but I haven't gotten around to it yet. What an interesting choice of versions of "Manhattan". There's so many "undiscovered" greats in the Supremes catalog beyond their hits that would seem ripe for the picking when it comes to music for television and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    It's on my watchlist but I haven't gotten around to it yet. What an interesting choice of versions of "Manhattan". There's so many "undiscovered" greats in the Supremes catalog beyond their hits that would seem ripe for the picking when it comes to music for television and movies.
    I totally agree! I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fan of The Supremes working in their music department. I noticed that the song only has about 5,500 listens on Spotify. I even forgot "Manhattan" didn't even make it onto the actual Rodgers & Hart album.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    I totally agree! I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fan of The Supremes working in their music department. I noticed that the song only has about 5,500 listens on Spotify. I even forgot "Manhattan" didn't even make it onto the actual Rodgers & Hart album.
    More likely because the rights to use Manhattan by the Supremes are cheaper than say Manhattan by Ella Fitzgerald.