[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: New member !

Post New member !

Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening form.

I am not sure how the form works, however I am new member and I am glad to be. I've intended to join a while ago but I never had the time of get to it. I am a fan of Motown and HUGE fan of the Supremes, and would love to join in some of your discussions regarding these topics.

The Supremes were before my time, so I unfortunately was not able to witness them in my life time. I've been reviewing this form for the past few years, and I can see that you all remember them very fondly. Did any of you know the girls personally [[Diane, Mary, Flo, or Cindy)? What were their concerts like [[I've only been able to see them trough expert footage on the internet)?

Welcome aboard and I will get the dialogue started by telling you about my concert seeing Diana Ross about 3 years ago. It was in a very intimate setting...a theater that only held about 1,000 instead of a huge concert hall. The crowd was wildly appreciative from the very beginning and she put on a great show.

The main thing I remember is that she wore a lot of flowing capes and boas and changed colors frequently throughout the show. Near the end of the show, someone down front gave her a donut from a local bakery and she took a bite out of it. At the time that struck me as unusual but I figured it must have been pre-planned, because I would not think any star would accept and eat food from a stranger in the audience.

Overall an excellent show and probably the best I have seen of the half dozen or so I have attended in the same venue.

Welcome to the Soulful Detroit Forum Danny! I'm sure you'll like it here.

Welcome to this forum! A perfect were we discuss real rhythm and blues/soul music.

Big welcome DB. May you enjoy your time at SDF.

To answer your question regarding The Supremes, I was born in 1959, so the 60s and 70s era [[specifically 66-74 my era and favourite period for soul music).

I never met any of the members from The Surpremes unfortunately but my dad did back in the mid 60s.

daviddesper :
    I have also had the opportunity to see Mrs. Ross in-concert as-well. It was TERRIFIC! However, the venue which I saw her in held about 4,000 people and the auditorium was completely packed. It was a sold out show.

In all honesty, I was a bit nervous as to what was to be expected from her show, from the stories I've read of her being a bit stand off-ish [[which I completely understand) however, she was the complete opposite.
    She was very engaged with the audience.
    She even let a few come onto the stage with her, she sang and danced with them. Before she closed her show she briefly sat down on a small stool and answered questions from the people in audience.

Welcome,you'll love this place,lots of music knowledge here..and i'll take you to grady's for lunch too!!

Welcome.

It is what you make it and can be a rather enjoyable place to land although I tend to leave from time to time. Always come back though. Enjoy and it's okay to go to lunch at Grady's but don't let my buddy get you hooked on the "hooch"... trust me on this!