[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Identifying a Song

It's not often I have to ask for help I.D'ing a song, but an FB friend asked me to, and it doesn't sound familiar.

The clues he gave: 'Money's tight' and 'Dollar bill' are mentioned and the chorus has the line 'Everything's so damn hot'. He said it's from around 1978. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Mark

I thought it might be "Money's Too Tight [[To Mention) by Simply Red, but I don't
    remember any line about "everything' so damn hot."
    Last edited by mike_sku; 10-17-2021 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

mike_sku, I am sure you are right. The only alternative is your friend is thinking of the original version composed and recorded by the Valentine Brothers.

I thought it may have been the Valentine Brothers, but no mention of 'dollar bill' or 'everything's so damn hot'. Thanks anyway.

Best,

Mark

Eddie Harris

Quote Originally Posted by mark speck View Post
    It's not often I have to ask for help I.D'ing a song, but an FB friend asked me to, and it doesn't sound familiar.

The clues he gave: 'Money's tight' and 'Dollar bill' are mentioned and the chorus has the line 'Everything's so damn hot'. He said it's from around 1978. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Mark
    Eddie Harris I Need Some Money has chorus Everything is so damn high