[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross - Thank You - Album [[all songs snippets preview)

Very difficult to get a good sense of a song with snippets especially ballads.

Count On Me could be interesting and Time To Call definitely sounds promising.

But they need to get one of the ballads onto UK Radio for the album to have any chance if success here - three disco-y songs ain't gonna do it.
    Last edited by florence; 10-16-2021 at 04:30 AM.

As pointed out, it’s very hard to judge on a snippet. “I Still Believe” is open to some great remixes and could be a hit contender. “Beautiful Love” sounds the pick of the ballads with “All Is Well” a pretty positive message song. I don’t think i’m gonna like “Come Together”, but again very hard to judge in a few seconds. Shame there isn’t a jazz number.
    I’m still hoping “If The The World Just Danced has yet to reach its full potential.
    The reverential way this woman strokes the cd is almost erotic, so quite a shock when she drags the booklet out of it’s case lol.

Looking and sounding like a nice release from our girl!

Is exactly what I expected absolutely incredible the queen of beautiful music strikes again, I love those Ballads what a great album thank you Queen Diana

Illustrates so well the added dimension of physically holding the music, how it magnifies the senses beyond the listening.
    Just a bigger experience.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Very difficult to get a good sense of a song with snippets especially ballads.

Count On Me could be interesting and Time To Call definitely sounds promising.

But they need to get one of the ballads onto UK Radio for the album to have any chance if success here - three disco-y songs ain't gonna do it.
    The UK doesn’t go for disco-y?

Wait…How did she get a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Very difficult to get a good sense of a song with snippets especially ballads
    I don’t think it’s that cut and dry. Admittedly a year or two ago, but Diana’s “I Will Survive” reached UK 14 with the remix of “Not Over You Yet” being a top ten hit.
    Regarding ballads, the novelty value and subsequent publicity generated by teaming up with West Life help push “When You Tell Me” to the UK 2 chart position for a second time.
    A duet with a popular, current artist might have been a very good idea in insuring decent airplay and additional publicity.

Here is a longer snippet of "Come Togerher". I hope the version on Diana's new CD contains this particular mix because I really love this.

"COME TOGETHER"
    https://youtu.be/islVrhZoB0Y

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Here is a longer snippet of "Come Togerher". I hope the version on Diana's new CD contains this particular mix because I really love this.

"COME TOGETHER"
    https://youtu.be/islVrhZoB0Y
    Each to his own, but I find this particular song and performance laboured and strained. A shame as the rest of the album sounds like it might be rather good.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 10-17-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Each to his own, but I find this particular song and performance laboured and strained. A shame as the rest of the album sounds like it might be rather good.
    Yeah, to each his own. I'll admit that when I first heard "Come Together" on YouTube earlier this year, I wasn't so impressed by it. In fact, it reminded me of her 1970's RCA material. But, since then, it's grown on me to the point I now love it. Give it a chance; maybe it'll grow on you, too.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 10-17-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Yeah, to each his own. I'll admit that when I first heard "Come Together" on YouTube earlier this year, I wasn't so impressed by it. In fact, it reminded me of her 1970's RCA material. But, since then, it's grown on me to the point I now love it. Give it a chance; maybe it'll grow on you, too.
    I will try Gary and yes, it also reminded me of some rca material. At the mo it sounds like a political speech set to music.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 10-18-2021 at 02:49 AM.

I will try Gary and yes, it also reminded me of some rca material. At the mo it sounds like a political speech set to music.
    Well, Ollie, I would have to say it's a statement encouraging the world to come together in peace. At the moment, our country is so divided, it's destroying us. To me, "Come Together's" lyrics couldn't be more timely. If I have any beef at all, it would be with the song's title -- "Come Together" -- which The Beatles already recorded, as did Diana on her "Everything Is Everything" album. I think a slightly different title for this all new song might have been a better choice. Either way, I hope the song eventually grows on you as it did for me because I'm hearing it now in a whole new light.

Let’s “Come together “ oh my, Miss Ross !
    Is that while we , uh “touch” as you say, in the morning !?
    He haw
    Sorry just having a bit of naughty fun ….🙃

Boogie, you rascal, you! How rude & lude! Ha!

Heehee morning Gary
    she’s stepping on Donna Summers gig with that one .
    Remember “The Deep” oh my !

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Let’s “Come together “ oh my, Miss Ross !
    Is that while we , uh “touch” as you say, in the morning !?
    He haw
    Sorry just having a bit of naughty fun ….
    Calm yourself boy, i never did hear such a thing!!

I can’t seem to get the song “I Still Believe” out of my head. It really suits Diana’s voice and is both memorable and catchy. Genuine potential with this one.

I expected I still believe to be a Christmas song.

It’s pretty good , to me it starts off sounding like “as time goes by” then it becomes: I will survive meets Copacabana
    yet while holding its own.

I’m not hearing anything on here I would call a throwback to the Motown sound. Did I miss it ? After thirty three years- or whatever - without a new release by the queen of that label
    I consider that a mistake, maybe Disappointment is the better way to say it.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-18-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    You forget, EJL, that SD is a veritable fountain of utterly brilliant marketing executives

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Someone should tell Kylie Minogue! -- and Dua Lipa for that matter. I'm thrilled to see some uptempo songs on the album and singles -- that's the Ross I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I’m not hearing anything on here I would call a throwback to the Motown sound. Did I miss it ? After thirty three years- or whatever - without a new release by the queen of that label
    I consider that a mistake, maybe Disappointment is the better way to say it.
    I think “Thank You” has a kinda Motown vibe to it.

I just read a glowing UK review of the album on Facebook which is really encouraging.
    The only song they didn’t appear to like was “If The World Just Danced”, though i personally consider it a really fun song.
    I guess we all have our own personal thoughts, opinions, likes and dislikes. I certainly don’t feel that makes anyone any less of a real fan as one particular poster continually likes to imply.

I just read a glowing UK review of the album on Facebook which is really encouraging.
    The only song they didn’t appear to like was “If The World Just Danced”, though i personally consider it a really fun song.
    I guess we all have our own personal thoughts, opinions, likes and dislikes. I certainly don’t feel that makes anyone any less of a real fan as one particular poster continually likes to imply.
    Really glad to hear that Diana's new CD has earned a glowing review, Ollie. That comes as wonderful news, for sure!

Really glad to hear that Diana's new CD has earned a glowing review, Ollie. That comes as wonderful news, for sure!
    I hope it’s the first of many Gary.
    p.s The jury is still out on Come Together”, but i am still trying lol.

There’s some pretty cool songs on this album : new age sounds of love and hope counting down the days

Come Together is unlistenable.

Uplifting ideas and great music are rarities. “What The World Needs Now” by Jackie DeShannon is one such rarity that comes to mind. It is gorgeous from start to finish. Ross and her young team can’t seem to get close to that exquisite level of messaging. Their efforts are heartfelt, but are flat and preachy. Her RCA history demonstrates she has no innate ability to produce great music. She is only a vocalist, and one of my all-time favorites. Sadly, she tries to go where she does not belong.

To quote an old joke in the music biz, “If you want to send a message, go to Western Union.”
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 10-30-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Come Together is unlistenable.

Uplifting ideas and great music are rarities. “What The World Needs Now” by Jackie DeShannon is one such rarity that comes to mind. It is gorgeous from start to finish. Ross and her young team can’t seem to get close to that exquisite level of messaging. Their efforts are heartfelt, but are flat and preachy.

To quote an old joke in the music biz, “If you want to send a message, go to Western Union.”
    I’ll admit that on the snippet heard, “Come Together” does sound rather laboured. I’m hoping when heard in it’s entirety it will sound better.
    I personally prefer Diana’s lush solo version of “WTWNN” To JD’s.

I’ll admit that on the snippet heard, “Come Together” does sound rather laboured. I’m hoping when heard in it’s entirety it will sound better.
    I personally prefer Diana’s lush solo version of “WTWNN” To JD’s.
    Diana knocked What The World Needs Now out of the park!!!! It was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Diana knocked What The World Needs Now out of the park!!!! It was brilliant.
    AGREED! That was the reason why I bought the Xmas album from HSN

Just downloaded the HiRes and FLAC files of the album to put on my FiiO Player to listen to while on holiday in Spain/Gran Canaria.
    Amazon UK special cover version CD will be in the mailbox when I return I hope