[REMOVE ADS]

Is ITWJDANCED essentially Peggy Lee's IS THAT ALL THERE IS but without the:

cynicism??

Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-14-2021 at 03:46 PM.

What's ITWJD, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    What's ITWJD, lol.
    I just modified the title for clarity...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    cynicism??

Not quite elephants to prunes Boog, but getting there.

this is a tough crowd

OK, no idea what's going on here. Have always loved this, got to #11 US. This has got even less to do with the price of fish but I love it! Sadly Cristina Monet died in March 2020 from Covid :[[

Wow! Totally went over my head, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    OK, no idea what's going on here. Have always loved this, got to #11 US. This has got even less to do with the price of fish but I love it! Sadly Cristina Monet died in March 2020 from Covid :[[

Essentially a member attempting to smear Diana. I guess there could be 2 less alike songs, but ... whatever. Sad to hear of Christina's passing from Covid. She was a valuable member of the Ze Records stable and makes my holiday season happy annually with her contributions to 'A Christmas Record'.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Essentially a member attempting to smear Diana. I guess there could be 2 less alike songs, but ... whatever.
    you're wrong, no attempt at a smear against Diana in any way. Now explain how it is that you find it to be a "smear" since you've made such a fake news accusation.

PeaceNHarmony, Cristina is a fav of mine, check out her album 'Sleep It Off' if you haven't already

you're wrong, no attempt at a smear against Diana in any way. Now explain how it is that you find it to be a "smear" since you've made such a fake news accusation.
    I wouldn’t give it a second thought Boogie. He’s forte has always been pointing the finger. It’s named Celebrity Worship Syndtome and linked to low self esteem and sense of insecurity.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 10-15-2021 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I wouldn’t give it a second thought Boogie. He’s forte has always been pointing the finger. It’s named Celebrity Worship Syndtome and linked to low self esteem and sense of insecurity.
    Couldn't have said it better myself Ollie. To come onto somebody's thread and shit on it like that , well only an putz would do that. He's had plenty of time to explain his comment or admit the thread is beyond his comprehension and apologize for his uncalled for behavior, but I'm not holding my breath that he's suddenly become a better person.

I appreciate your support Ollie. Thanks. You have a good day!

I don't really hear a resemblance between the two songs. However, I can see an argument being made that IS that all there is was an influence on Diana's version of Ain't No Mountain High Enough what with the spoken word passages.

BTW, I fail to see how anyone with a reasonable mind could conclude that this thread is a Diana Ross hate thread.

I prefer this version:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    I prefer this version:

I love Diana’s cheeky version of “Is That All There Is”. She has such a seductive speaking voice.

this is a tough crowd
    Just a gentle suggestion...Maybe if you had started your post with the actual title rather than just the beginning letters of each word of the title, more of us would get have a running start to see what point you're trying to make. I'm not as 'fast' as many of the members who can read these abbreviations of titles quickly such as LILAIIMH or DYKYHTCS.

Respectfully, I still don't understand what you are implying or trying to get across.
    Last edited by jobucats; 10-17-2021 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I don't really hear a resemblance between the two songs. However, I can see an argument being made that IS that all there is was an influence on Diana's version of Ain't No Mountain High Enough what with the spoken word passages.

BTW, I fail to see how anyone with a reasonable mind could conclude that this thread is a Diana Ross hate thread.
    😎 Well this has certainly gotten much more interesting all of a sudden. I did not even know Diana Ross sang this song or even much less knew of it. [or if I did , I’d forgotten] Now she says here that she’s even crazy about it. Yes very interesting towards my point which occurred to me without recalling this existing connection.

Yes spreadinglove21 there’s no intent to smear Diana Ross on this thread and I really resent the implication from peaceandharmony. He needs to come on here and explain what he meant by his comment although he never really applied his brain to the topic, he was just interested in taking a jab at me so as to try to marginalize me because he is part of that cancel crap crowd and he thinks he’s clever .
    Still waiting an explanation peace, hit and run posting ain’t cool my friend.

Back to Diana Ross, thanks for that link
    Jaap!!!

We’re on to something here!! Imo of course !🙃
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 10-16-2021 at 12:54 PM.

 Well this has certainly gotten much more interesting all of a sudden. I did not even know Diana Ross sang this song or even much less knew of it. [or if I did , I’d forgotten] Now she says here that she’s even crazy about it. Yes very interesting towards my point which occurred to me without recalling this existing connection.

Yes spreadinglove21 there’s no intent to smear Diana Ross on this thread and I really resent the implication from peaceandharmony. He needs to come on here and explain what he meant by his comment although he never really applied his brain to the topic, he was just interested in taking a jab at me so as to try to marginalize me because he is part of that cancel crap crowd and he thinks he’s clever .
    Still waiting an explanation peace, hit and run posting ain’t cool my friend.

Back to Diana Ross, thanks for that link
    Jaap!!!

We’re on to something here!! Imo of course !
    I’m baffled by the confusion Boog. The title of this thread is perfectly clear to me in asking are the two songs similar?. Perhaps you should have posted two versions lol.
    I agree in that poster tends to be his own biggest fan. Don’t let it get to you as your posts are always a joy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Just a gentle suggestion...Maybe if you had started your post with the actual title rather than just the beginning letters of each word of the title, more of us would get have a running start to see what point you're trying to make. I'm not as 'fast' as many of the members who can read these abbreviations of titles quickly such as LILAIIMH or DYKYHTCS.

Respectfully, I still don't understand what you are implying or trying to get across.
    Very nicely stated and I appreciate your input jobucats. I was faced with creating a title in a box that allows a limited space for doing so and with two songs with rather long titles.
    I took a chance on the abbreviation since that song is front and center around here currently but when Mary Brewster didn’t get it I then changed it as best I could.

I’ll admit I like to add a little intrigue at times , a challenge. it’s surprising that some get sort of upset by that .
    The bottom line is, it’s really supposed to be in fun , I think we’re supposed to have some fun here ??
    , well …. I am anyway.
    Life’s too short, to be so dam serious….ask Peggy Lee and Diana Ross .

I will take your advice in future thread makings
    Jobucats.

Boogie, back to your original point... You were saying that Diana's new "If The World Just Danced" reminds you of "Is That All There Is", right? I've gotta say, I don't hear a similarity at all. You were referring to the melody, right? I can easily agree with your earlier comparison of "I Still Believe"" sounding like "I Will Survive", but I don't get the connection between "ITWJD" and "ITATI". Kindly enlighten me!