[REMOVE ADS]

Misery Makes Its Home in My Heart

Yay or Nay? I have always thought it would have been a stronger single than "The Composer". It's a good recording.

I too prefer it over The Composer but would it have been able to compete on the charts against the ever-changing sounds of Rock and music in general? The problem was that at one time all you needed was a good song to have a hit. By 65 or so, music was maturing so fast you had to be forever progressive. I don't know if it was the same in others countries and continents, but as I understand it, that was the case in the US.

The song sounded dated by 68. Both “Evening Train” and “I'll Set You Free” would have made for stronger single releases then the the mildly pleasant “Composer”.

Title is awful. I can't imagine many people connecting with that.

I like MISERY but I never thought of it as anything more than a pleasant album track.

Re THE COMPOSER, if they had to go with a Smokey production, I think SUNNY BOY or SWEET THING would have been better singles.

The title does not scam with the lyrics. Somebody at Motown sleeping on the job.

i like it , anything would be better than the Composer

i've always liked this song. it's a fav album track. but i don't think it would have been a hit single. at least not like Love child, Reflections or You can't hurry love.

IMO one of the biggest non A side singles that could have hit was Going Down Third Time. The problem as i see it is the other songs that WERE chosen for A sides were just sooooooooo amazing that Third just kept getting bumped. YCHL and YKMHO are just so perfect in every way. Third is a good song, but just not that good.

then you had Love Is here which was so new and different. Then The Happening which was a tie-in with the movie. and then reflections.

it's like there was just such a glut of excellence that Going Down just couldn't quite break through

I never understood the concept of "The Composer". I enjoy the track and I think it had potential, however I feel like the production was very rushed. It was as if they were rushing to release a single for the group, and they weren't necessarily concerned of the success of the track. In all honesty, I did not like the track when I first heard it, however after replaying it, I've learned to accept it. I agree that "Misery" would've been a better option than "The Composer".

Nay! I was never crazy about "Misery", but I LOVE "The Composer"! Those 3-part harmonies are gorgeous, and Diana shines throughout it.

While "Misery Makes It's Home In My Heart" is a pleasant song, I don't think it's good enough to replace "The Composer" as a single release.