[REMOVE ADS]

Flo Ballard Fan Club

If you search the internet, there's an active website for the Florence Ballard Fan Club: www.florenceballardfanclub.com run by Alan White, President.

I IMAGINE this is no longer active; there's an order form that you can send for pictures or Newsletters. Also a space where you can join the fan club.

Is anyone here a member? Was a member? Does anyone still have their newsletters?

I find these groups and fan clubs fascinating.

I have about four or five newsletters but I haven't looked at them in years as they are tucked away in a drawer. I must have gotten them from a fan as I was never a member of the club.

I was a member years ago. I'd forgotten about that. I have a lot of newsletters I kept from the Mary Wilson's fan club [[Karl F.) and I have all the newsletters from the Former Ladies fan club when it was based in England and then a guy from San Francisco took over. He really did a nice job. That ended a number of years ago because of all the info.
    on the internet and cost of mailings.
    I'll see if I can find any of the Florence newsletters. I remember they even had a convention once. I do remember the name Alan White. I wonder if that fan club is still active? So many of the 'clubs' have gone by the wayside since the explosion of the internet...at least those hardcopy newsletters.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    I was a member years ago. I'd forgotten about that. I have a lot of newsletters I kept from the Mary Wilson's fan club [[Karl F.) and I have all the newsletters from the Former Ladies fan club when it was based in England and then a guy from San Francisco took over. He really did a nice job. That ended a number of years ago because of all the info.
    on the internet and cost of mailings.
    I'll see if I can find any of the Florence newsletters. I remember they even had a convention once. I do remember the name Alan White. I wonder if that fan club is still active? So many of the 'clubs' have gone by the wayside since the explosion of the internet...at least those hardcopy newsletters.
    Lakeside, if you ever come across the MW Newsletters, I'd be interested to compare notes. I've been collecting them for quite some time and know I'm missing several.

I never knew the Former Ladies had a fan club?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Lakeside, if you ever come across the MW Newsletters, I'd be interested to compare notes. I've been collecting them for quite some time and know I'm missing several.

I never knew the Former Ladies had a fan club?
    as far as I kno flos fan club folded years ago. Alan white did a fabulous job I still have several of his newsletters and I attended three of the conventions he put on for flo one was in 87. With Mary scherrie gladys Horton and lisa Chapman then another one in 88 and another in 1989 where Betty Kelley attended