[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye What's Going On: 50th Anniversary Edition 2LP Release 03 December 202

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/What...m_source=Email

Motown’s “Prince Of Soul,” Marvin Gaye, was already a hit artist for nearly a decade when, in 1971, he reached new heights with his album What's Going On. An immediate landmark recording, it was the first of Gaye's albums to break the top ten of Billboard’s Top LPs, and quickly became Motown's best-selling record. To this day, What's Going On is hailed as one of the greatest albums of all time, earning the number one spot on Rolling Stone magazine’s 2020 list of “The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time.”
    SIDE A
    1 What’s Going On 3:53
    2 What’s Happening Brother 2:44
    3 Flyin’ High [[In The Friendly Sky) 3:50
    4 Save The Children 4:03
    5 God Is Love 1:42
    6 Mercy Mercy Me 3:13
    SIDE B
    1 Right On 7:32
    2 Wholy Holy 3:08
    3 Inner City Blues [[Make Me Wanna Holler) 5:27
    SIDE C
    1 What’s Going On stripped version * 3:57
    2 What’s Going On 3:54 mix 1/no strings or horns
    3 What’s Going On rhythm & strings instrumental mix 3:50
    4 Symphony demo version 2:49
    SIDE D – Original Mono Single Mixes
    1 What’s Going On 3:54
    2 God Is Love 2:51
    3 Mercy Mercy Me [[The Ecology) 2:30
    4 Sad Tomorrows 2:22
    5 Inner City Blues [[Make Me Wanna Holler) 2:58
    6 Wholy Holy 3:09

How many times does a MG fan need to own this album? I think I must have every vinyl CD and tape of this album ever released - apaprt from this one - do I need to spend another £45 [[$70) on yet another?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    How many times does a MG fan need to own this album? I think I must have every vinyl CD and tape of this album ever released - apaprt from this one - do I need to spend another £45 [[$70) on yet another?
    Totally agree, I have multiple copies of this album; an 80's reissue on vinyl, an original copy on vinyl, cd, and the deluxe 25th or 30th anniversary edition 2 disc release. I'm not sure I need another copy.

This premium vinyl release features direct-to-analog mastering from the original primary album tape reels by acclaimed engineer Kevin Gray, one of the first times this has been done since 1971, offering an undeniably authentic listening experience.

What’s Going On: 50th Anniversary 2LP Edition bonus LP opens up the album’s writing and production palette. Featured are four rare cuts making their vinyl debut, highlighted by a previously unreleased “stripped” version of the title song, plus all six original mono single mixes and their B-sides, with all of those 7” versions on vinyl for the first time since their original releases. With two 180gm records, a tip-on heavy stock jacket, an original gatefold with complete lyrics, this formidable release also includes printed sleeves with track details, a rare image from the cover sessions, and a brief essay honoring arranger David Van De Pitte. The Limited Edition version comes with a set of lithographs.

Highlighted is the main essay by acclaimed author and poet Hanif Abdurraqib who was just named one of the 25 recipients of the 2021 MacArthur “Genius” Grant.