[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    No Pretty Baby, Sunset or He's My Man either. There is enough single material around to fill another CD.

Quote Originally Posted by JimEMack View Post
    No Pretty Baby, Sunset or He's My Man either. There is enough single material around to fill another CD.
    I wa going to address the same thing with hes my man. And this why I believe. I think sunset had too much diane on t 2nd verse but it would have been a a nice inclusion as well ss it make no difference now as an ode to the supremes but happy t order this collection rest in peace Mary we celebrate u down here

Thank you for all the comments about this release. Of course a third disc could have made the collection much more complete. We completely understand that it will never be everyone's ideal track list. As you know, it's impossible to include everything on two discs. Also consider this project has been in the works for years. There were songs that were Mary's favorites and some she wasn't as fond of. There were others involved who had likes or dislikes. So what you do is, do the best you can to present a nice overview. Most songs chosen had cool alternates or extended fades. In the 44 page booklet [[yes, I did say FORTY-FOUR page booklet not to mention a six panel digipak) we address most of the other songs and where you can get them.
    A few other things that were asked... Andy is mainly responsible for the Hillary Clinton forward. He deserves a medal [[and a vacation) for his dedication to Mary and fighting for the integrity of this project every step of the way.
    Several shows from the Frontier were recorded but interesting [[and surprising) to note that the Farewell album used all performances from the very last show January 14, 1970.
    More will be revealed soon and we certainly appreciate the positive response to this release. I think it's wonderful and full of surprises. It's also a loving and well deserved tribute to a very supreme lady!

Bravo Mr. G!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Bravo Mr. G!
    I second that emotion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    Thank you for all the comments about this release. Of course a third disc could have made the collection much more complete. We completely understand that it will never be everyone's ideal track list. As you know, it's impossible to include everything on two discs. Also consider this project has been in the works for years. There were songs that were Mary's favorites and some she wasn't as fond of. There were others involved who had likes or dislikes. So what you do is, do the best you can to present a nice overview. Most songs chosen had cool alternates or extended fades. In the 44 page booklet [[yes, I did say FORTY-FOUR page booklet not to mention a six panel digipak) we address most of the other songs and where you can get them.
    A few other things that were asked... Andy is mainly responsible for the Hillary Clinton forward. He deserves a medal [[and a vacation) for his dedication to Mary and fighting for the integrity of this project every step of the way.
    Several shows from the Frontier were recorded but interesting [[and surprising) to note that the Farewell album used all performances from the very last show January 14, 1970.
    More will be revealed soon and we certainly appreciate the positive response to this release. I think it's wonderful and full of surprises. It's also a loving and well deserved tribute to a very supreme lady!
    Thank you, George and Andy. I am most appreciative that this is being released. I finally was able to order my copy. I am looking forward to it in December. I have already downloaded the Expanded Edition and remixes but hoped that a tangible physical copy would be released. Everyone's hard work is appreciated.

I see no one is begging for "Where is it I Belong"

Thanks for the info you can share so far George. I've pre-ordered. I see Son of a Preacher Man and Send Him Away are on the set. I recall demos of these being briefly up on youtube. Are these versions on the Anthology more complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    I see no one is begging for "Where is it I Belong"

Thanks for the info you can share so far George. I've pre-ordered. I see Son of a Preacher Man and Send Him Away are on the set. I recall demos of these being briefly up on youtube. Are these versions on the Anthology more complete?
    I know I am one of the few who loves that song. I’ve never been able to figure out why nobody else seems to like it. Conversely, I’m one of the few who doesn’t like “No Matter What Sign You Are!”

I liked “Where is It” because to me it’s signaled the Supremes entrée into singing more adult material, as did “Early Morning Love.” I also think that Mary’s voice was well suited to both songs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I know I am one of the few who loves that song. I’ve never been able to figure out why nobody else seems to like it. Conversely, I’m one of the few who doesn’t like “No Matter What Sign You Are!”

I liked “Where is It” because to me it’s signaled the Supremes entrée into singing more adult material, as did “Early Morning Love.” I also think that Mary’s voice was well suited to both songs.
    What I appreciate about this set it represents Mary as lead in every edition of the supremes

I’m still hoping the songs Mary recorded for the ‘proposed ‘Clarity’ album will get to see the light of day. For me they represent Mary at her vocal best.
    Hopefully if this release is a success, it might prompt further interest. Not really sure what record label they might be released under?.

Here's a link from the Second Disc today - Real Gone is a great company for this release -

https://theseconddisc.com/2021/10/11...-disc-records/

Hey Andy,George
    I know we lost midnight Johnny but will we have a QnA with both of you on FB

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Hey Andy,George
    Omg! How can we facilitate this.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Hey Andy,George
    This would be awesome, but please not on Facebook. It would be great to learn what went into making this set and how much Mary knew was coming before she passed. It is always great to hear the gents talk about the mixes and any surprises they found in the vaults.

Andy had a really nice meeting on FB right after Marys passing. it was actually rather nice to have after her passing,i found it rather enjoyable as we could not actually pertake in her memorial

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    This would be awesome, but please not on Facebook. It would be great to learn what went into making this set and how much Mary knew was coming before she passed. It is always great to hear the gents talk about the mixes and any surprises they found in the vaults.
    Agreed! I'm not on Facebook, and have no plans to join.

If they end up choosing to do a Facebook live video to discuss the release, as far as I know, it should still be viewable by those not on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    If they end up choosing to do a Facebook live video to discuss the release, as far as I know, it should still be viewable by those not on Facebook.
    It’s times like this that I really miss Midnight Johny. You just know he would’ve devoted one of his three hour programs to this release and would’ve done his best to secure an interview with Mary Wilson to get her perspective on things if we had the good fortune to have her still with us. John Perrone was a lovely man and I miss him.
    Last edited by kenneth; 10-13-2021 at 10:48 AM.

We miss John also and are definitely going to do something like that. We're working out the details!

If Marv were here for this release, he’d be dancing a jig right now.

We miss John also and are definitely going to do something like that. We're working out the details!
    George,

That’s fantastic! Can’t wait to hear the details.

Best,

Kenneth

So glad to hear it. Please let us know here on the forum when you get your plans finalized.

damn that was a great idea,lol
    cant wait to see you both

wonder if this version of Touch is a Mary solo instead of the duet that was released.
    i have always felt Touch was Marys song anyway.

It's been a long time since I've posted on here as the last year has been a radical change for all of us and work has consumed a lot of my time as well as some other personal issues I've had to deal with which caused me to step away from this forum.

That being said, I'm so excited for this release. Mary deserves this and I can't wait to hear the alternate mixes and tracks like "Witchi Tai To" and finally pristine versions of "If You Let Me" and "Send Him To Me."

I have an Amazon Prime account, but lately I've noticed they have been a bit lackadaisical in shipping their items. Is anyone else having their items be delayed in shipping? I know the pandemic has been a cause for this, but I thought with their own delivery and shipping they'd be on the ball. I ordered the Freda Payne autobiography and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

I've always liked Real Gone as they've always shipped before the release date and it arrives before or on the release date AND it's cheaper. Plus I like to support smaller businesses. I've ordered several copies from there.

Where is everyone ordering their copies from?
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 11-13-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Nice to see you on here, Brad. Yes, I am also still waiting for Freda's autobiography as well. Not sure if I would exactly consider Real Gone to be a smaller business, in comparison to a local record store, for instance. However, it is true that the label gets more of our money by ordering directly from the source. I ended up ordering directly from them as well, despite the possibility of having to pay import fees and customs on the shipment into Canada. We'll see what happens...fingers crossed. I figured it's worth this one-time try, especially since they do have a tendency to ship early, before their release dates.

It's interesting that this subject has recently been brought up by a few different people on this forum, in regards to ordering directly from Real Gone. I suppose if Amazon is becoming an issue for Real Gone or for the fans, perhaps they could re-evaluate their distribution strategy. Hopefully they've straightened out the issue with UK fans being unable to order from their online store?

In regards to the general product delays, this seems to be widespread and goes beyond just Amazon. Unfortunately, there have been ongoing shipping delays, on an international scale, for quite some time now. Some countries have been impacted by this more than others.

I am very much looking forward to this release as well. I feel saddened that our fan community has not been able to have an in-person memorial tribute for Mary, but considering the ongoing pandemic and logistical complications involved, it's understandable. Now with the first anniversary of her passing soon approaching, having this release will be the next best thing to experience and remember her by. I know that the end result will be beautiful.
    Last edited by carlo; 11-14-2021 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    It's been a long time since I've posted on here as the last year has been a radical change for all of us and work has consumed a lot of my time as well as some other personal issues I've had to deal with which caused me to step away from this forum.

That being said, I'm so excited for this release. Mary deserves this and I can't wait to hear the alternate mixes and tracks like "Witchi Tai To" and finally pristine versions of "If You Let Me" and "Send Him To Me."

I have an Amazon Prime account, but lately I've noticed they have been a bit lackadaisical in shipping their items. Is anyone else having their items be delayed in shipping? I know the pandemic has been a cause for this, but I thought with their own delivery and shipping they'd be on the ball. I ordered the Freda Payne autobiography and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

I've always liked Real Gone as they've always shipped before the release date and it arrives before or on the release date AND it's cheaper. Plus I like to support smaller businesses. I've ordered several copies from there.

I order from Amazon most of the time and I've never had a problem. Maybe that is because there's an Amazon facility in my state. My most recent orders have been Freda's book and Diana's THANK YOU. Both arrived promptly.

I bought Mary's set from Real Gone as it was the first place I saw it for sale.

I've posted this question several times and have never really gotten a clear answer. Some like Amazon because the shipping is free. Some like Real Gone because you're buying directly from the source.

I've decided moving forward I will always buy from Real Gone. It supports a "small" business, the product always comes before any other outlets, and if I have to pay a few extra dollars to make sure my purchase is accounted for; if it helps fund other releases, to me it's worth it.

#teamRealGone

I've posted this question several times and have never really gotten a clear answer. Some like Amazon because the shipping is free. Some like Real Gone because you're buying directly from the source.

I've decided moving forward I will always buy from Real Gone. It supports a "small" business, the product always comes before any other outlets, and if I have to pay a few extra dollars to make sure my purchase is accounted for; if it helps fund other releases, to me it's worth it.

#teamRealGone
    I never buy from Amazon unless it’s the last reasonable resort. Buying from Real Gone improves their profit margin and thus, in a small way, helps to ensure future releases.

I have an Amazon Prime account, but lately I've noticed they have been a bit lackadaisical in shipping their items. Is anyone else having their items be delayed in shipping?

I ordered Mary's CD direct from Real Gone as it was the only option at the time. I have ordered direct from them before and have been pleased with all aspects of packaging, notification and delivery.

I recently cancelled my Amazon Prime membership when it was automatically renewed. It no longer seemed to have value. I ordered so infrequently or ordered items that were not in high demand. It was nice not having to pay delivery charges but delivery was so sporadic depending on the item. I would try to order multiple items only to have the items delivered in separate packages or on separate days, which I found inconvenient. Even worse, when Amazon was delivering I would receive notifications of delivery by 10 pm. which generally got delayed to the next day. I would rather pay delivery charges and get my packages delivered during the day. [[For full disclosure, my partner has Amazon Prime and I will use that if needed.)

Glad to see Brad dropping by the forum to say hello and share his experiences! Hey, Brad!

I ordered two copies of Mary's new Anthology on the day it became available on Real Gone's website. As others have said here, Real Gone has proven to ship early [or on-time] so that's a plus. They are based in Orange County [CA], so that's a delivery speed advantage for me here in nearby Long Beach, CA. I've never had a problem with ordering directly from Real Gone. If there's any downside [if I can really call it that] it's that there's not always a lot of product coming out at Real Gone that I am consistently buying. Unlike some labels, they don't necessarily focus on one genre. I've said here before that I have Amazon Prime and love the discounts and speed of delivery. That said [and as Carlo has said], there have been very noticeable slow downs in the availability and delivery times from Amazon over the last nearly 2 years [thanks, COVID]. I have noticed that, where in the past Ace product would be available in the US about a month after UK release, now the product on Amazon SAYS it will be released that month after... and then it takes weeks [I've even experienced more than a month during COVID!] for Amazon to "get it in stock" and ship it out. It becomes ridiculous when you can go to smaller businesses--such as DustyGroove.com out of Chicago--and they'll have product either right around the time of UK release or shortly after...but huge retailer Amazon just can't seem to get stock for weeks and weeks. I am completed baffled how Amazon went to being the cheapest and fastest... to being reasonably priced and fairly slow. On the flip side, I 'subscribe' monthly to several household items through Amazon and find their delivery is pretty consistent. Prices [even if Amazon's are generally lower] have gone up--but that's everywhere, unfortunately. It seems that music and books have become less convenient to order from Amazon. For music, I've explored Dusty Groove, ImportCDs.com, and even from private sellers on Discogs.com...and have been generally more satisfied. But a great example of a small business not being able to keep up with their published release dates and their product moving slowly is TeensvilleRecords.com out of Sydney, Australia. I really LOVE their CDs, but they're not any faster [if not even slower than] than Amazon. Ordering directly from them, unlike ordering directly from Real Gone, isn't any better.

I ordered Freda's book this week [looking forward to reading that one!] from Amazon but it supposedly won't be delivered until November 27. It's like rolling the dice most times.

YOU are Motown Forum Prime - WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

Nice to see you back. I ordered 2 copies directly from RealGone.

Seemed like several folks have ordered multiple copies; that's so great to see. I assume one to play, and one to keep. These releases [[like WDOLG EE and TITS) sell out and go for exuberant amounts on the internet. I thought I read someone ordered three copies. I'd love to know how many were pressed, and how long it'll take to sell out.

It appears that the release date has changed:

*Original Street date was 12/03 but has been bumped to 12/17* THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. THE ITEM WILL SHIP BEFORE THE 12/17/21 STREET DATE. PLEASE NOTE BY PRE-ORDERING THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT NOW. WHEN ORDERING PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE 12/17/21 ITEMS ON YOUR ORDER. IF YOU WANT TO ORDER OTHER ITEMS PLEASE ORDER ON ANOTHER ORDER SO THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT DELAYED. Please Note: The industry is experiencing longer turnaround times than usual. Expected shipping dates are based on encountering no unexpected delays due to manufacturing issues or shipping back-ups and are subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post

*Original Street date was 12/03 but has been bumped to 12/17* THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. THE ITEM WILL SHIP BEFORE THE 12/17/21 STREET DATE. PLEASE NOTE BY PRE-ORDERING THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT NOW. WHEN ORDERING PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE 12/17/21 ITEMS ON YOUR ORDER. IF YOU WANT TO ORDER OTHER ITEMS PLEASE ORDER ON ANOTHER ORDER SO THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT DELAYED. Please Note: The industry is experiencing longer turnaround times than usual. Expected shipping dates are based on encountering no unexpected delays due to manufacturing issues or shipping back-ups and are subject to change.
    oh great… so not only can we not order it from any uk stockist but now it won’t arrive in time for Xmas via import …..
    very disappointing

I can't wait to get The Mary Wilson Anthology cd in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post

Another two weeks. Of course no one likes a delay, but I'm sure it'll be well worth it.

Another two weeks. Of course no one likes a delay, but I'm sure it'll be well worth it.
    Shipping on everything is really badly screwed up now. I'm finding all sorts of things from furniture to home appliances to electronics, clothes, everything is delayed, out of stock, pulled from the market, etc. And then once it gets into the USPS, more delays. They just announced extended delays for first class shipping. That could be easily fixed but there seems to be no will to get rid of the problem. At least we can still get food in the grocery stores [[for now).

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Shipping on everything is really badly screwed up now. I'm finding all sorts of things from furniture to home appliances to electronics, clothes, everything is delayed, out of stock, pulled from the market, etc. And then once it gets into the USPS, more delays. They just announced extended delays for first class shipping. That could be easily fixed but there seems to be no will to get rid of the problem. At least we can still get food in the grocery stores [[for now).
    Mail lag has been terrible lately and will only get worse as we get into the holiday season. I ordered 3 items from Macy's on November 9th. 2 items showed up within a few days; I'm still waiting on the 3rd. Not a big deal whatsoever, however, the item in question has been in my state for the last 5 days, making a slow motion forward. How can it take almost a week for something to come from across town?

The only thing I find strange about the tracklisting for this forthcoming 'Motown' Anthology is the inclusion of "Why Can't We All Get Along", as it's clear that this is not a track that Mary recorded for Motown. I'm guessing it was included because it was already added on as a bonus to the earlier digital release of her album, and in order to create interest in her newer material, which will be of benefit to the other future Mary Wilson album release. I guess since that digital track was technically released on the Motown label earlier this year, it would be considered as a Motown track. It's a good song though and it will be nice to have on CD in the meantime, until we get her complete Richard Davis recordings.

While I'm at it, also on my wish list is to have Mary's Walk the Line album and her Richard Davis album on vinyl! Just putting that out there!
    Last edited by carlo; 11-18-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    The only thing I find strange about the tracklisting for this forthcoming 'Motown' Anthology is the inclusion of "Why Can't We All Get Along", as it's clear that this is not a track that Mary recorded for Motown. I'm guessing it was included because it was already added on as a bonus to the earlier digital release of her album, and in order to create interest in her newer material, which will be of benefit to the other future Mary Wilson album release. I guess since that digital track was technically released on the Motown label earlier this year, it would be considered as a Motown track. It's a good song though and it will be nice to have on CD in the meantime, until we get her complete Richard Davis recordings.

While I'm at it, also on my wish list is to have Mary's Walk the Line album and her Richard Davis album on vinyl! Just putting that out there!

I would love to see future releases [[on CD, though) of Walk The Line, her singles U and Turn Around as well as her Richard Davis material. I wonder if we will see that in our future. I hope that the Expanded Edition CD does well. I never thought we would ever see anything released on her, unfortunately since she has passed we don't get to see her on air promoting and enjoying this. I suppose how well this release does will be a big factor, plus I believe Turkessa is in charge of her estate and I wonder how much time she would have in her life for these proposed future projects.