[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mary Wilson EXPANDED PHYSICAL CD

From Real Gone Music
    me > Upcoming > Mary Wilson The Motown Anthology [[2-CD Set)
    Mary Wilson The Motown Anthology [[2-CD Set)
    Mary Wilson The Motown Anthology [[2-CD Set)
    $ 21.99
    THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. THE ITEM WILL SHIP BEFORE THE 12/03/21 STREET DATE. PLEASE NOTE BY PRE-ORDERING THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT NOW. WHEN ORDERING PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE 12/03/21 ITEMS ON YOUR ORDER. IF YOU WANT TO ORDER OTHER ITEMS PLEASE ORDER ON ANOTHER ORDER SO THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT DELAYED. Please Note: The industry is experiencing longer turnaround times than usual. Expected shipping dates are based on encountering no unexpected delays due to manufacturing issues or shipping back-ups and are subject to change.

Singer, activist, author, fashion icon, actress, mother, grandmother, friend, trailblazer, legend, Supreme: Mary Wilson earned her place in music history. She was the only original member of The Supremes in every incarnation of the groundbreaking group from beginning to end [[1961 to 1977) but her story didn't end when The Supremes did. Now, the late superstar's remarkable legacy of music is being collected for the very first time in a deluxe 2-CD set. Real Gone Music and Second Disc Records are proud to present Mary Wilson's The Motown Anthology. This comprehensive overview of Wilson's Motown discography presents 37 songs, including a whopping 32 tracks only available on this collection. It boasts nearly two dozen Supremes classics, deep cuts, and never-before-heard songs [[most in stunning new mixes) from a host of songwriters including Berry Gordy, Smokey Robinson, Holland-Dozier-Holland, Deke Richards, Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil, Thom Bell and Linda Creed, and others. In addition to the worldwide CD debut of the 1979 Mary Wilson album, The Motown Anthology premieres on CD solo tracks produced by the late Gus Dudgeon, Mary's new single 'Why Can't We All Get Along,' and Eric Kupper's remix of 'Red Hot.' The set has been produced by the team of Andrew Skurow, George Solomon, and Joe Marchese and mixed and mastered by Kevin Reeves. Its 40-page booklet [[inside a 6-panel digipak) is stuffed with rare and previously unpublished color photos plus liner notes from Marchese, Skurow, and best-selling author Mark Bego. The booklet also features exclusive tributes to Mary from such luminaries as Dionne Warwick, Darlene Love, Otis Williams, Duke Fakir, Brenda Holloway, Rita Coolidge, Merry Clayton, Brenda Russell, and Blinky Williams. Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton has penned a special appreciation, as well, for this ultimate celebration of the late, great Supreme legend Mary Wilson.

The Supremes:
    1. Baby Don't Go [[Alternate Mix)
    2. The Tears [[Alternate Mix)
    3. Our Day Will Come [[Alternate Mix)
    4. Come And Get These Memories [[Alternate Mix)
    5. Can't Take My Eyes Off You [[Live at the Frontier – January 13, 1970)
    6. Falling In Love With Love [[Live at the Frontier – January 13, 1970)
    7. Send Him To Me
    8. If You Let Me Baby
    9. Son Of A Preacher Man
    10. Witchi Tai To
    11. Touch [[Alternate Mix)
    12. Floy Joy [[Alternate Mix)
    13. Automatically Sunshine [[Alternate Mix)
    14. I Keep It Hid [[Alternate Vocal and Mix)
    15. Can We Love Again [[Alternate Mix)
    16. Early Morning Love [[Alternate Vocal and Mix)
    17. You Turn Me Around [[Alternate Mix)
    18. You’re What's Missing In My Life [[Alternate Version)
    19. Don't Let My Teardrops Bother You [[Alternate Vocal and Mix)
    20. Til The Boat Sails Away [[Alternate Vocal and Mix)
    21. I Don't Want To Lose You [[Alternate Vocal and Mix)

CD 2:
    The Supremes:
    1. We Should Be Closer Together [[Alternate Vocal and Mix)
    2. You Are The Heart Of Me [[Alternate Vocal and Mix)

Mary Wilson:
    3. Anytime At All
    4. Red Hot
    5. I've Got What You Need
    6. You Make Me Feel So Good
    7. [[I Love A) Warm Summer Night
    8. Pick Up The Pieces
    9. You're The Light That Guides My Way
    10. Midnight Dancer
    11. Save Me
    12. Love Talk
    13. Green River
    14. You Dance My Heart Around The Stars
    15. Why Can't We All Get Along
    16. Red Hot [[Eric Kupper Remix)

Wow! I have to say, reading the track list, that if this was initially conceived while Mary was still alive, they were definitely sending her a valentine and giving her her due. Now, with Mary resting in peace, it's a HUGE valentine--a Christmas gift for a lady who deserved it. When it becomes available, I'm gonna pre-order 2. I think everyone should order more than one of these. If they're finally getting the green light to release more product, we might as well support the releases in a big way.

Thanks, Mary Brewster, for spreading the word! ❤️

Is it really already sold out? That’s what it’s showing as of 8pm.

Yes it's saying sold out. Damn.

So much for the theory in another thread that nobody bought the download so there was no use in waiting for a physical release.

Just heard this exciting news from a friend of mine. Very much looking forward to this! Great tracklisting and cover art! I was hoping we'd also be getting her album from 2003, but maybe that is planned for a separate future release? It does make sense to put all of her Motown output together.

It's definitely not sold out. I think they just listed this on their website today and they have likely not activated the pre-order function yet.

Hurray!!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post

It's definitely not sold out. I think they just listed this on their website today and they have likely not activated the pre-order function yet.

Hurray!!
    Thanks Carlo, that makes me feel better!

What I'm dying to know is this:

Can't Take My Eyes Off You [[Live at the Frontier – January 13, 1970)

Were these from the show the day before the last show? Because wasn't the last show the 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post

Were these from the show the day before the last show? Because wasn't the last show the 14th?
    Good catch, I noticed the same thing.

Thanks marybrewster for bringing the news about this upcoming Mary Wilson collection.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 10-06-2021 at 11:03 AM.

What wonderful news! Something we've been waiting for! And Mary so deserves this.

The last show was on the 14th but I've read they actually recorded three nights of the engagement to compile the FAREWELL album.

So I'm assuming these are alternates. Plus I believe Deke Richards said that some things were re-recorded in the studio, including CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU. If you listen to the version on FAREWELL, there's a small point where you can hear two Mary vocals.
    Last edited by reese; 10-06-2021 at 08:43 AM.

So glad they're making good on a Mary Wilson CD release, and that they decided to make it a Motown Anthology. For those of you who are worried about it being listed as 'Sold Out,' Joe Marchese of The Second Disc said the pre-order link will be active when it's officially announced [[via Carl Feuerbacher's Facebook page). Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 8.38.52 AM.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  13.2 KB

And the cover:

Name:  5e87cd114d2470081dffd54454462f51_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  27.6 KB

The cover is FIRE!

The cover is FIRE!
    I'm buying two. One to play and one to keep sealed.

Buy 'em now, friends. Don't look back with regret later. This will be like This is the Story - impossible to find after the first pressing.

Andy or George,

I'm curious, as always! Pg 29 -30 of the booklet for "Lost & Found Diana Ross & the Supremes Let the Music Play: Supremes Rareties 1960-1969" lists titles of incomplete or titles not containing the Supremes. Cd 1 tracks 7, 8 & 10 are not on that list but track 9 'Son of a Preacher Man' is. What happened?
    Also I note that 'The Ballad of Davey Crockett' is not included. I'm hoping that this points to their inclusion on the Expanded Edition of "Reflections".

Funny, the first thing I said to myself was, no Davy Crockett? Lol. Another fan pointed out A Heart Like Mine isn't included as well. Still, I think this release is perfect. As Danman said, a Valentine to Mary, and from Mary. ♡

I'm curious about the track "Anytime At All". Was this an outtake from Mary's solo debut?

I'm curious about the track "Anytime At All". Was this an outtake from Mary's solo debut?
    It was probably the working title for "Red Hot," possibly with different lyrics.

You may be on to something:

https://genius.com/Mary-wilson-red-hot-lyrics

I was hoping for Mary's songs such as Turn Around but, this seems to really represent her Motown years.
    A few songs I never heard of.
    Will order today

Thank you MaryBrewster!!!
    Just ordered two.

Orders are open.

Just ordered mine!

I love how the cover got all 3 eras correctly represented - nice work!

Just ordered! I am excited about this one and it would be interesting to hear if the two Farewell numbers are from different nights than what we heard on the Farewell album. This pushed me to go into a Supremes spree today. Also ordered the 2 CD Christmas set after sitting on the fence since its release on whether to get it. And I ordered a second copy of Sing HDH as I'm pretty sure my ex has disc two lol.

Leave it to Real Gone to have the imagination and guts to put together a package like this! Awesome track list. I would have been in heaven if it could’ve been three CDs and included more of her Supremes material, because that’s the CD I’ll be playing the most, but regardless this is a long overdue and much welcome effort! Bravo!

I see they also have a memorial CD they’ve put up honoring BJ Thomas. Another great effort for one of my all-time favorite singers. Double bravo!
    Last edited by kenneth; 10-06-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Thank you marybrewster for sounding this 'red hot' alert!

I just ordered 3 copies.

I am pleased with this release but not thrilled. I had hoped a MWEE would have included the tracks from the digital release and that a Disc 2 would be all her solo work from the 70s. [[I might have even ordered a couple more sets.) At least I have my MW 70s Playlist.

I would have preferred to have her 60s solo work on a different release. I always thought a Supremes compilation featuring Flo's and Mary's contributions to the group including solo and shared vocals would be a nice collection for fans. And we might have gotten Davy Crockett! Time to compile a Mary & Flo Playlist.

That said, I am pleased that Mary is finally getting a well-deserved, much too-long overdue CD release.

Though I am happy to see this released I am surprised [[and disappointed) that it does not include the original 12" version of "red Hot" which is far superior to the album version or the new remix.

I’m thrilled with this release and so wish Mary was around to promote it. I’m sure she would have been very excited indeed.
    Only fly in the ointment for me is how do peeps residing in the UK get to buy it?.

Just ordered my copy. Merry Christmas to me!

just ordered my copies now, come on UNIVERSAL, we can order more..... like Reflections expanded!!!!

didnt the show actually start at Jan 13 at 11.54 am

January 14 1970 at 11:54 pm
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    didnt the show actually start at Jan 13 at 11.54 am

Ordered! Hope to receive still in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The last show was on the 14th but I've read they actually recorded three nights of the engagement to compile the FAREWELL album.

So I'm assuming these are alternates. Plus I believe Deke Richards said that some things were re-recorded in the studio, including CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU. If you listen to the version on FAREWELL, there's a small point where you can hear two Mary vocals.

Taraborrelli's "Diana Ross - An Unauthorized Biography" gives some details about the recording of Farewell on p.492.

I don't think the two Mary solo live tracks will be different takes than those used on the original album. But, well, let us cross our fingers they are!

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a live track on the FUNNY GIRL Expanded set that was recorded on the 13th; the night before the final night? If that's the case, it sounds as though several nights were recorded, so it is possible.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a live track on the FUNNY GIRL Expanded set that was recorded on the 13th; the night before the final night? If that's the case, it sounds as though several nights were recorded, so it is possible.
    MY MAN was an alternate version, I believe. But I'm not sure of the recording date.
    Last edited by reese; 10-07-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Love the cover.

I, for one, would LOVE to know how Andy, George and the team got Hillary Clinton to write for the liner notes. Is she a fan of Mary's???? C'mon guys, spill it!

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I, for one, would LOVE to know how Andy, George and the team got Hillary Clinton to write for the liner notes. Is she a fan of Mary's???? C'mon guys, spill it!
    I noticed that. While I'm not a fan of HRC, it warmed my heart to see that she is a part of this project because it proves that Mary Wilson is not just beloved in some little bubble of fans here on this site. Actually everything that came out after her passing- the different tributes from so many and so many different people- proved that Mary was every bit the star she thought she was. Every bit the star many of us fans thought she was. I think the ones who believe Mary insignificant might be the ones in a little bubble.*shrugs*

Mary would be over the moon about all of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I know Mary performed at the WH several times when Bill Clinton was in office, and believe campaigned for her when she ran for President. There's a great photo of Mary and HRC floating around there, with them in the STOP pose. I assume she was just a "good friend".

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Mary would be over the moon about all of this stuff.
    She would be, Ran. She really would be. And it STILL pains me to think she's not with us anymore.

Only a star gets the treatment we're seeing so just ignore the trolls.

I know Mary performed at the WH several times when Bill Clinton was in office, and believe campaigned for her when she ran for President. There's a great photo of Mary and HRC floating around there, with them in the STOP pose. I assume she was just a "good friend".
    That's right and I forgot about that. What you wrote makes sense.

BUT!!!

I'd still like to hear how the gents got HRC to do it.

Name:  B012C317-7296-4A80-82ED-3C6B1E747D34.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  12.5 KB

Here ‘tis…K

Yes! Thank you Kenneth!

It seems available to order in just about every nook and cranny on the planet minus the UK.
    Plenty of missed sales as there resides a strong Motown contingent on these green hills.
    UK folks will just have to wait for Amazon or such i guess. Not sure how this potentially effects sales figures?.

Yes! Thank you Kenneth!
    Of course! Anything for you!

for Farewell they recorded multiple evenings and shows. i don't know for certain which is the final night, other than the speeches and monologs. like the Senator, the reading of Ed's telegram, Diana's comments about being the final show

and it's quite certain that Sunshine was the final night due to the stars there

but other songs could be mix and match

Scroll down for Mary Wilson RedDeluxe

https://t2conline.com/the-glorious-corner-254/