[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross to collaborate with Tame Impala

I guess this is good news. Sadly, this old man, who used to know everything about music, does not know who Tame Impala is. The only Impala I know, is Chevy Impala - and even that is gone.

Diana Ross to collaborate with Tame Impala
    By Celebretainment
    Diana Ross is collaborating with Tame Impala on a new track.

The 77-year-old singer is reportedly working on a new song with the group as she loves "reinvention" and being able to "melt" musical genres together.

A source told The Sun on Sunday: "Diana might be 77 but she is determined to push musical boundaries and challenge herself. She loves reinvention and melting genres together. She’s really excited to work with Tame Impala and is ecstatic with the track – she can’t wait for fans to hear it."

Diana is set to release her first album of original music in over two decades later this year.

More here

https://www.bluemountaineagle.com/li...bd187f2fe.html

Never heard of them either, but they've videos on youtube with millions of views. Here is their most recent from December 2020.

Thanks for sharing, Milven. Seems like a lot of the online news outlets are picking up on this story. All of these articles are referencing that this info came from 'The Sun', which if it's indeed the UK tabloid 'The Sun', then I question the credibility of this story. They tend to publish a lot of unfounded rumours and rubbish. But never say never, right? If anything, it's good publicity for her forthcoming album.

I'm a relatively young guy and I have also never heard of Tame Impala lol. I guess I'm not all that up to date on the current music scene.

The only impala i know of are the cute antelope variety.
    The Sun is indeed a trashy newspaper. It usually features pics of girls revealing their upper body rude bits and lots of news reports on sexy goings on across the UK.
    Still, as Carlo mentioned, it’s all good publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The only impala i know of are the cute antelope variety.
    The Sun is indeed a trashy newspaper. It usually features pics of girls revealing their upper body rude bits and lots of news reports on sexy goings on across the UK.
    Still, as Carlo mentioned, it’s all good publicity.
    I will admit I’ve ignored this report, but I have been seeing it repeated on several media outlets over the past couple days. Perhaps the reason for the delayed release of Thank You is to allow time for the inclusion of an additional track.

I looked up the songs they've produced-was listening to "Breathe Deeper", I can absolutely hear Diana Ross singing this and why she'd consider him for her recording...

This report is indeed very confusing, as I'm now reading elsewhere that Tame Impala collaborated with Diana on one of her tracks included on the new album, which would have likely been done and completed months ago. The original report is making it sound like this is a brand new collaboration, which will be released outside of her new album. I guess we will have to wait and see

I also listened to some of his recordings and I liked what I heard. I can also hear the potential for a great pairing.
    Last edited by carlo; 10-04-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Parker actually mentioned Diana Ross in passing during an interview with Relix last year around Tame Impala's latest album The Slow Rush, and how he makes music first and figures out which project it suits later.
    “I’m always recording voice memos. I’m at that stage where I’m writing a lot of different stuff. I have no idea what form it will take," he said.
    "That’s a state I relish—rapidly scrolling through my mind, thinking, ‘Is it a throwback ‘70s Diana Ross disco hit, something I can give a young pop artist or can it be Tame Impala?’ Its destiny isn’t predetermined."

Tame Impala have been big here downunder for a decade and I really enjoy their mood of music and live shows.

In recent years, they've become much more popular in the states - with about five top-5 singles and a couple of top-5 albums plus their headline performances at festivals like Coachella [[& Glastonbury).

The success of Kevin and the group in the US can only help Diana in terms of positive publicity, I guess.

I look forward to hearing the song[[s).

Looking at the groups discography they appear to be popular around the globe, although i must admit to not having heard of them.
    Their style of music sounds a really good fit for Diana as to where her voice is now. I would love to have heard her sing “Lost In Yesterday”.
    I’m really looking forward to hearing this song as well as the rest of the album of course. The more publicity the better.