[REMOVE ADS]

FIRST TIME HEARING Diana Ross- "Chain Reaction"

... and speaking of CR ...

seeing "Chain Reaction" music video on UK's "Top Of The Pops" got me into Diana..I was 12 yrs old and looked at the tv screen and all the dynamics in the video and i was hooked..who was this fabulous woman ?..the search had begun..its hard to describe to non - UK people just how big CR was there..some people thought the black & white footage was actual 60s stuff !

You are so right about how big CR was/is here in the UK. It is still much loved and played on the radio and at social events.

I am sure that the song will go on through the generations to come!

Wow imagine if this song was entitled "Love Reaction". A great hit would have become a gigantic hit.

Chain Reaction remains one of my favorite Diana Ross videos. It captures her style so well. In the black and white portion, for a split second, to me, it looked like Mary Wilson was dancing among the dancers on the main floor.

Chain Reaction is Barry Gibb's personal favourite of all the songs he ever wrote/produced on another artist. I think it was also the favourite of Maurice despite the friction between him and Diana in the studio. Not too sure what Robin thought of it, but just a few years later the Bee Gees enjoyed a UK top 10 hit with a song called Secret Love which was basically just a rehash of Chain Reaction. It could have been a good choice for Diana had they ever worked together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Chain Reaction is Barry Gibb's personal favourite of all the songs he ever wrote/produced on another artist. I think it was also the favourite of Maurice despite the friction between him and Diana in the studio. Not too sure what Robin thought of it, but just a few years later the Bee Gees enjoyed a UK top 10 hit with a song called Secret Love which was basically just a rehash of Chain Reaction. It could have been a good choice for Diana had they ever worked together again.
    WOW Secret Love really is a clone of Chain Reaction. I had never heard it before.

They should have sued themselves! Reached #5 UK!

Quote Originally Posted by drlorne View Post
    WOW Secret Love really is a clone of Chain Reaction. I had never heard it before.
    I suspect they may well have written it as a possible future collaboration with her. I shall try to find out some further info.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    They should have sued themselves! Reached #5 UK!
    That would have been a unique lawsuit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    ugh - i for one can say i'm glad the collaboration didn't continue. I have little love for CH as i've stated often in the past, I think the combo of their falsettos and her leads is just cringeworthy.

also i find CR to be a cheap knockoff of Walking on Sunshine. Walking is just a MUCH more vibrant tune and exciting. the horns add so much. even though they're doing a throwback to the old motown sound, it's still hugely fresh. CR is more like karaoke motown