[REMOVE ADS]

The Temptations Celebrate 60th Anniversary With New Smokey Robinson-Penned Song

The year-long 60th anniversary celebrations of the Temptations continues with the release of their new single “Is It Gonna Be Yes Or No.” The romantic, swaying track features a momentous reunion with one of their oldest friends and fellow travelers in the epic Motown story, Smokey Robinson, who wrote and produced it.
    Richly harmonized in time-honored Temptations style, “Is It Gonna Be Yes Or No” opens with the familiar, warm baritone of sole surviving original member Otis “Big Daddy” Williams, before the appearance of the similarly unmistakable Robinson. The unbreakable bond between the two giant acts of Motown lore go back to the Temptations’ first hits, and indeed even earlier, as the co-writer and producer of their 1963 single “I Want A Love I Can See.”

Read more and hear "Is It Gonna Be Yes Or Now" here:
    Temptations Reunite With Smokey Robinson On 'Is It Gonna Be Yes Or No' [udiscovermusic.com].
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 09-24-2021 at 10:31 AM.

It is a nice recording although it gets a bit monotonous before they get to the bridge.

OK....I REALLY, REALLY like this one! Great job! Glad Smokey sings.... Wonder what else will be on the album? When will it come out?

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    OK....I REALLY, REALLY like this one! Great job! Glad Smokey sings.... Wonder what else will be on the album? When will it come out?
    No word yet on when the Temptations 60 album will come out but I'm sure that the udiscovermusic.com site will let us know the release date for it.

Contrary to the press release, it’s surely not Otis on the intro. It’s a proper bass, not a baritone, presumably Willie Greene. I’ve heard the track and Otis doesn’t sing that low

Quite impressed, some great harmonies, and well Smokey Robinson, still has it! such a warm vocal as ever! Look forward to the album.

I think Norman would've been pleased.

Very much a song written of the times .... oh baby, sweet cakes , sugah , before we start cruisin' together, give me your verbal consent !! [and I'm recording your answer]

This was just a minute ago played on Dutch internet radiostation The Soul Show. Because I had the volume very low I thought it was SR recording. Very smooth nice tune reminding me of the first SR solo album.

I love it too!

I'm actually liking it even though there is just one Temptation it does actually sound like a good imitation of the famous five. Much better than Ross's latest singles that's for sure.

Quite nice!

May say something here to my fellow temptaholics, think about this..how many groups from the[sixties]are even still around,this great group is still r-e-c-o-r-d-i-n-g...damn sixty years and still doing it through all the changes in personel.times, musical trends, the temptations are still standing and delivering and so is the the great smokey,i love the new song and the artist who sing it...long live the temptin temptations and smokey!!

Hear hear! I totally agree arr&bee. It's amazing, after 60 years, still recording, touring and even sometimes having hits.

Thank you for all involved in keeping the legacy not just alive but relevant as well!

And I love the song....

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    May say something here to my fellow temptaholics, think about this..how many groups from the[sixties]are even still around,this great group is still r-e-c-o-r-d-i-n-g...damn sixty years and still doing it through all the changes in personel.times, musical trends, the temptations are still standing and delivering and so is the the great smokey,i love the new song and the artist who sing it...long live the temptin temptations and smokey!!
    As Smokey sang in one his songs with the Miracles, "Point It Out," and you pointed out an astonishing fact. Yeah, I had to stop and think about how the Temptations have escaped the trap of being called an Oldies group and what's more, they really are doing contemporary music and not bargain-bin re-recordings of their 60s hits. Smokey as well is still considered as a current artist. This is something not even found among many 60s and 70s Rock groups. Only The Stones have kept rolling along consistently.

Hail to The Amazing Tempts!