[REMOVE ADS]

Can't you believe all of the [[original) Velevettes are still with us?

The original lineup of the Velevettes are still with us, and I am shocked as I type this

How'd they survive tragic moments, the Motown system, and more?

As are the Vandellas.

Beautiful!!

Long live The Velvelettes!

Quote Originally Posted by IMissFlo93 View Post
    The original lineup of the Velevettes are still with us, and I am shocked as I type this

How'd they survive tragic moments, the Motown system, and more?
    The more I learn about the Velvelettes, the more I admire them. My feeling is the reason why they're still together is that they were always, first and foremost all about putting family first. They just seem to have such a tight family bond and that's one of reasons why they're still together. I also have the feeling that for them, a career in the entertainment industry wasn't their ultimate goal. They came from very stable backgrounds and education was obviously very important for them all, so if this Motown thing gave them some hits and a chance to tour, great- but they also had something much more solid in the form of that education and raising families.

I guess I'm trying to say the group wasn't as "hungry" for stardom the way most of the other groups were and their Family First mindset kept them safe from a lot of the pitfalls that hit other groups.