[REMOVE ADS]

"who you gonna call" ray parker jr.

The Detroit Free Press Film Festival is going on and last night they showed the documentary on Ray Parker Jr. "Who You Gonna Call". As I entered the theater and waited for my friend to come back from the restroom who do I see but Ray Parker Jr. I took a pic with him and he was very cordial. A few others took photos with him and then he was whisked off. Before the movie began they stated that they were going to have a Q & A afterwards.
    The movie was outstanding. There was so much music that he contributed to that I was even unaware of. Loads of great rare footage including a tour with Stevie Wonder and The Rolling Stones with a very young Ray on guitar and some Motown sessions. So many appearances from greats such as Stevie, Herbie Hancock, Clive Davis, Cheryl Lynn, David Foster, Boz Scaggs, Bobby Brown, Brian Holland, Lee Ritenour, Hamilton Bohannon, and others. I was blown away by what I learned in this film and he shared interesting stories about Leo Sayer [[which most of us have heard) and The Don Kirschner Rock Show.
    My only complaint was that they showed the worst places that you can find in Detroit. There is blight but come on there are many beautiful places in my city. It's a must see for any music lover.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    The Detroit Free Press Film Festival is going on and last night they showed the documentary on Ray Parker Jr. "Who You Gonna Call". As I entered the theater and waited for my friend to come back from the restroom who do I see but Ray Parker Jr. I took a pic with him and he was very cordial. A few others took photos with him and then he was whisked off. Before the movie began they stated that they were going to have a Q & A afterwards.
    The movie was outstanding. There was so much music that he contributed to that I was even unaware of. Loads of great rare footage including a tour with Stevie Wonder and The Rolling Stones with a very young Ray on guitar and some Motown sessions. So many appearances from greats such as Stevie, Herbie Hancock, Clive Davis, Cheryl Lynn, David Foster, Boz Scaggs, Bobby Brown, Brian Holland, Lee Ritenour, Hamilton Bohannon, and others. I was blown away by what I learned in this film and he shared interesting stories about Leo Sayer [[which most of us have heard) and The Don Kirschner Rock Show.
    My only complaint was that they showed the worst places that you can find in Detroit. There is blight but come on there are many beautiful places in my city. It's a must see for any music lover.
    Sounds interesting! Hope Who You Gonna Call shows up on streaming so I can see. Thanks for the news Glencro.

what a great experience Glencro!

And it sounds like some real effort was put into this movie, sounds like a good one!!

So did they have the Q&A with Ray afterwards??
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-25-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    what a great experience Glencro!

And it sounds like some real effort was put into this movie, sounds like a good one!!

So did they have the Q&A with Ray afterwards??
    Yes they did have the Q & A with Ray. I only stayed for ten minutes of it because I had to pack for an early light the next morning. The few questions that were asked, he gave long detailed answers but didn't really answer the exact questions.