[REMOVE ADS]

When I was in school - Hattie Littles

This track is my favorite from the new More Motown Girls. A queston for the experts. I would like to know who sing the backround vocals on the track, I´m not sure if I hear The Temptations or The Love-Tones. Thanks for al answers

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  21.1 KB
    I should be able to tell The Love-Tones from The Temptations, because I know Carl J
    ones' voice. and the group's overall sound. But, when I looked for advertising for the CD, I couldn't find any snippets of the songs, and I didn't find the song on You-Tube. Can someone upload a recording of that song to this thread so we can hear it?

It sounds like the Temptations to me. But I`m often wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    It sounds like the Temptations to me. But I`m often wrong.
Views: 270
    Both groups sang backgrounds for Hattie around the time of "When I Was In School". So it is possible that it is either group. So, I wish I could hear the cut. Surely there is a sales website that has snippets of the songs available for listening. But, I haven't been able to find one. Can't someone direct me to where I can hear it? I know the sound of both groups from 1962-64, and a listen should make it obvious. The Temptations' voices are very distinct, as are 2 of The Love-Tones.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 270
    Both groups sang backgrounds for Hattie around the time of "When I Was In School". So it is possible that it is either group. So, I wish I could hear the cut. Surely there is a sales website that has snippets of the songs available for listening. But, I haven't been able to find one. Can't someone direct me to where I can hear it? I know the sound of both groups from 1962-64, and a listen should make it obvious. The Temptations' voices are very distinct, as are 2 of The Love-Tones.
    https://acerecords.co.uk/good-good-f...e-motown-girls

sounds like Eddie Kendricks to me

Views: 246
    Thanks, Paul. That's DEFINITELY The Temptations. The blending of their voices is unmistakable. I see that Don't Forget The Motor City has some basic information on "When I Was In School", but no listing of the background singers.
    Last edited by robb_k; 09-18-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    sounds like Eddie Kendricks to me
    Attachment 19355
    Yes, Larry, I do too, as well as all four of the others. It was recorded before David joined the group, which is why we don't also hear HIS usually prominent voice.

Thank you so much guys for these great answers, I prefered more The Temptations, but my ears are not so good as the ears from our Motown-experts - a great thank you to all