[REMOVE ADS]

Martha reeves & the vandellas dancing in the street

found this. Martha, Lois and Sandra live

https://youtu.be/bTzHMGLu5fQ

it won’t let me put the video up so here’s the link. It looks like either 71 or 72

I've never seen that one. The choreography is more frantic than the 70's Supremes! LOL!
    Thanks for posting...that was fun.

I never saw before I wonder what venue & where? Thanks for posting.

I didn’t think the moves were that bad. Also I wish Sandra and Lois ‘s microphones were a little louder

I do find it interesting that I’ve seen more Vandellas clips of Lois and Sandra than all of the Marvelettes put together

What a find thanks for posting. Talking about full speed a head the song was way too fast. Love seeing and hearing Sandy & Lois, more Sandy than Lois but enjoyed this clip none the less

That's quite a workout. I'm surprised they had enough breath to even sing, and they weren't either. And they were smiling....that's alot to do. Strange filming too, they liked someone's bum.

That stage reminds me of the Hollywood Palace stage. Also, I wish the uploader hadn't put that annoying watermark right in the middle of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    That stage reminds me of the Hollywood Palace stage. Also, I wish the uploader hadn't put that annoying watermark right in the middle of the video.
    I was going to say something about that watermark... what in the world?

Yeah, this is extremely fast to the point that at times it almost looks like a parody you'd see on SNL. I'm reminded too of reading about Motown's habit of speeding up their songs for live engagements- in particular the author was talking about the Martha & The Vandellas LIVE LP. Was this done to get people's enthusiasm going?

Still, you gotta marvel at the absolute professionalism on display- AND THAT THEY DIDN'T RUN OUT OF BREATH!

Wow what a great find! It's nice to hear Lois and Sandy considering they hardly recorded on any of the albums. Whoever is taking the high harmony sounds similar to Roz. I have to say while I love Roz, Annette and Betty--Lois and Sandy have them beat in terms of being able to dance.

That's Sandy on the high harmony

to me it looks like a private convention or a foreign venue.I have never heard Dancing In The Street speeded up that much.Lois & Sandy got a good workout.

Love this performance and the sexy outfits. Martha, Lois and Sandy were getting down. Watching this video reminds me of this really big guy, we referred to him as Jr. Vandella, who during the 80's would show up at many of Martha Reeves' gigs in California. He would do the moves exactly like Lois and Sandy in this video backstage after the show.