[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross | Interview [[1970)

This audio was extracted KGFJ a segment, which covered one of Diana Ross's first solo shows at the Frontier Hotel. Although, she would make her final appearance with The Supremes at the Frontier Hotel, she would return in May of 1970, and introduce her show as the "Lets See If Diana Ross Can Do It By Herself Show. Here she speaks with a SOUL publications journalist, about her show and her plans for the year. - Circa. May, 1970

Performing in "super clubs" opposite to concerts is something that has ended it seems... Wasn't she one the rare stars able to do that without suffering of bad image?

Diana Ross is humble here. "Their familiy did it for them." in reference to The Jackson 5 success.

I missed this one the first go round. Thanks for posting Jack!

Geez, they were really playing up the Diana Ross cares about the J5 thing, huh? Not saying she didn't care, but "I don't care about myself, I care about my group". Diana...come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Performing in "super clubs" opposite to concerts is something that has ended it seems... Wasn't she one the rare stars able to do that without suffering of bad image?
    YOu don't hear much about supper clubs [[or dinner theater for that matter) much these days. Though there are still venues, such as Birdland in NYC, where you can order dinner and have it served during the course of the show.

Thank you Jack! I had also missed this, when it was posted on YouTube a year ago. Great!

I’ve never heard this before so many thanks for posting. Berry Gordy reminds me a bit of a car salesman lol.