[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Eric Kipper remixes of Red Hot out today!

A nice surprise to start off this Friday morning. A new Mary Wilson remix EP by Eric Kupper of Red Hot and Diana's new single. There is also an edit and dub version of this remix, which can be streamed/downloaded on Spotify, YouTube and all other digital platforms. This release comes from Universal.

Last edited by carlo; 09-03-2021 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    A nice surprise to start off this Friday morning. A new Mary Wilson remix EP by Eric Kupper of Red Hot and Diana's new single. There is also an edit and dub version of this remix, which can be streamed/downloaded on Spotify, YouTube and all other digital platforms. This release comes from Universal.

I’m not particularly a fan of the remixes Kupper did on Diana, but this works brilliantly.
    If it does well in the clubs he might consider remixing more Mary tracks.
    I think she would have been delighted. Ta for posting Carlo.

This is brilliant! Thanks for posting.

Here to read all the praise for a Kupper remix.

LOL I came into this thread to show Mary some love, despite knowing that I probably wouldn't care for this remix. I'm not a fan of remixes of old songs. Not that I'm against them, I just usually don't like them. And of course not being a big fan of "Red Hot" I figured this remix wouldn't be any different, but boy was I wrong. I really like it. It's better than the original. No doubt Mary would've loved it. So good to have Mary and Diana back to back great cuts for our listening pleasure.

I agree. I've always liked Red Hot, but I LOVE this remix. It takes it up a few notches. Mary would have indeed loved this. Her spirit is out there dancing and rejoicing.

I’m a huge fan of Eric Kupper’s remixes. He always treats the source material with the greatest respect. Sometimes he plays a bit too safe — like with some of his Diana remixes of late — but these are fantastic and a lovely tribute to late lamented Mary Wilson. Was a lovely surprise to find these.

DJ Moch

Well, well, well...maybe UMe DOES care about this project. Color me wrong on the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    LOL I came into this thread to show Mary some love, despite knowing that I probably wouldn't care for this remix. I'm not a fan of remixes of old songs. Not that I'm against them, I just usually don't like them. And of course not being a big fan of "Red Hot" I figured this remix wouldn't be any different, but boy was I wrong. I really like it. It's better than the original. No doubt Mary would've loved it. So good to have Mary and Diana back to back great cuts for our listening pleasure.
    I agree. The only remixes I've ever really liked are John Perrone's [[Mosogotam) and one or two others who popped up here. But I really like this!
    Last edited by thanxal; 09-03-2021 at 08:00 PM.

This remix is fabulous. I wish Mary was still with us to enjoy it. Thankfully she can hear it in Heaven.

WOW.....A great remix

My disco days are long gone, but this mix sounds brilliant for today's crowd and and it looks like it has already brought Red Hot back to the disco charts. [[Oops, I mean Dance Charts. Showing my age . Anyone else remember when they changed the name from Disco to Dance?_ What a great honor for Mary. Also a nice bouquet to Supremes fans to possibly see two former Supremes charting music in the group's 60th year. It was Mary's ultimate dream.

https://toofab.com/2021/09/03/suprem...red-hot-remix/

Not a big fan of remixes, but it does a good job of playing down the more annoying elements of the song and enhancing the better parts and bringing it up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    This remix is fabulous. I wish Mary was still with us to enjoy it. Thankfully she can hear it in Heaven.
    It still shocks me when I read this and realize she really is gone. May she continue to Rest in Peace.

Tastefully worked. There’s always been some nice keyboard on this. This mix would’ve done more for the song in the clubs bitd had it existed. A bit tiring though , maybe too relentless, sounds like a three minute song going on for nine minutes for little reason.
    Overall, thumbs up.

wow Mary would be thrilled,love it

I just saw this on theseconddisc.com

Wow! A trio of new remixes of Mary Wilson’s 1979 disco single keeps the former Supreme’s memory alive, just a few months after a digital expanded edition of her sole Motown album was released on what would have been her 77th birthday. [[Fans should keep an eye on The Second Disc for more Mary Wilson news in the near future!)
    Love that last line!!!!!!!

I would love Eric Kipper would remix Forever Came Today, your wonderful sweet sweet love

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    A bit tiring though , maybe too relentless, sounds like a three minute song going on for nine minutes for little reason.
    Overall, thumbs up.
    There's a radio edit as well.

It's a cute touch that the graphic designer distressed the image at the borders so that it looks like an old vinyl sleeve.

With decent airplay this could do really well. We can but hope!!.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post

Wow! A trio of new remixes of Mary Wilson’s 1979 disco single keeps the former Supreme’s memory alive, just a few months after a digital expanded edition of her sole Motown album was released on what would have been her 77th birthday. [[Fans should keep an eye on The Second Disc for more Mary Wilson news in the near future!)
    That's great to know Lucky! Looking forward to whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post

It's a cute touch that the graphic designer distressed the image at the borders so that it looks like an old vinyl sleeve.
    This version would be more my style to listen to as I go about my day, as opposed to that much longer version. I hope Mary gets a hit out of this. Such a well done remix.

To say i never really liked Mary’s debut album is an understatement, but if Kupper can make “Red Hot” sound this good imagine what he could do remixing the entire album. A club sensation in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post

Thanks for that smallworld!

What’s the opening line ??
    “I want it with French fries “ !?
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 09-08-2021 at 11:48 AM.

i actually like the new remix, so much better
    thank you Mr Kupper

Perhaps the best remix i have heard all year. Love it more with each play.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post

Looks like we got the news we were hoping for!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post

I'm glad to see this remix is being included in the new Mary Wilson Motown Anthology set!

All this is terribly bittersweet - Mary would be so thrilled to share all this with her fans…*sigh*

has Red Hot remix charted on the dance charts?