[REMOVE ADS]

Grace Jones. 'Hurricane', and Will We Ever Get Another Album

I randomly listened to the extraordinary lp Hurricane at the gym last evening. WOW. Was / is this a great lp. From 2008. So, question #1. Does anyone else recognize this as a truly great lp? And, #2. Will we ever get another Jones lp? I say. Girl ... if my beloved Dylan had released this biographical lp it would have been up for Grammy album of the year.

Great album but you really need to get the 2-cd for the dubs!

Name:  R-3095337-1315503670.jpeg.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  80.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I randomly listened to the extraordinary lp Hurricane at the gym last evening. WOW. Was / is this a great lp. From 2008. So, question #1. Does anyone else recognize this as a truly great lp? And, #2. Will we ever get another Jones lp? I say. Girl ... if my beloved Dylan had released this biographical lp it would have been up for Grammy album of the year.
    She’s been working on the follow up FOREVER!

While we’re at it, I’d love to hear the shelved album, allegedly entitled “Black Marilyn “.

Absolutely love her Hurricane album! I agree that the 2 CD set with the added dubs is the best. It also comes with that awesome cover shot.

She really has been working on the follow-up album nearly forever. I wonder if it's still a work in progress at this point or if it has been abandoned altogether? There was buzz around 2014 in regards to her working on the album, which was around the same time that her track Original Beast was released on the Hunger Games soundtrack. I also seem to recall that one of her producers [[was it Sly or Robbie?), was regularly posting Facebook updates at that time, confirming their daily studio work. Then everything went quiet and she came out with her autobiography...and then things went quiet again and she came out with her documentary, and then things went quiet again.

I gotta say that we had the opportunity to see her in concert in Detroit in July 2019...what a show!!

I know she did do some random recordings throughout the 90's, some of which went unreleased, and some ended up on soundtracks. I didn't know she has a rumoured unreleased album called "Black Marilyn". Interesting.
    Last edited by carlo; 09-04-2021 at 12:31 AM.