[REMOVE ADS]

The Originals 1972 UK Tour?

I recently came across a promo sheet for the 30th June 1972 UK release of The Originals 'God Bless Whoever Sent You'. It states this was being released 'to tie in with their first British tour starting 3 July and lasting 28 days'.

Could anyone please confirm if this tour took place and, if so, with details of the schedule together with any photos from the tour.

Thanks,

Ray

Interesting. I am friendly with a bizzer in the UK [[as well as an Originals fan) and will forward your request to him. We may get some info!

I don't recall this tour taking place.
    If it had, I'd probably have attended any show in my area ifit were possible.

I don't remember a Tour, and I was on the Tamla Motown promo list mail out,

I don't remember that tour either and would definitely have known about it.

At the time.UK TM issue a.maxi single with.3 of their recent US 45s. This may have been with a proposed tour but it never happened.

Thanks for your responses. As I thought, a tour was probably planned, but never happened.

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question regarding a 1972 Originals' UK tour, mem1320, but I attended an Originals college performance at SUNYGeneseo, NY, in the early '70s. Actually, we went to see The Undisputed Truth in concert but, for whatever reason, Motown sent The Originals instead. Let me tell you, those guys were just as impressive live as they were in their studio recordings. Their harmonies that night were fantastic! And the audience of mostly college students was equally responsive. I remember leaving that concert with goosebumps feeling proud to be a Motown fan!

Thanks, Gary. I'm pleased The Originals lived up to expectation! One of the few Motown artists I didn't have a chance to see live.