[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha: Commemorative Edition of People Magazine

Name:  Screenshot_20210829-125300_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  91.7 KB

https://people.com/movies/people-cel...ecial-edition/

This has been available on newstands for at least a couple of weeks now, but thought I'd mention that this special commemorative edition of People magazine, dedicated to Aretha, is out now. It was quite pricey, as I picked one up last week for $17.99 Canadian dollars. It seems that the prices of these special edition magazines keep going up and up, maybe due to generally rising costs or cost of licensing all of the photos that were featured? It is a nice magazine. I was sad to see that I had bought the only copy thus far, with the shelf completely full of over a dozen copies. Perhaps it's because I live in the suburbs and people around here have generally boring music tastes? Lol. I figured that despite the high price, I'd get a copy to support Aretha's legacy, aka her sons who are fighting over her estate.
    Last edited by carlo; 08-29-2021 at 01:02 PM.

It's a lovely issue; I passed on it due to the high price for a magazine. I may rethink!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    It's a lovely issue; I passed on it due to the high price for a magazine. I may rethink!
    I don't blame you! I remember even just a few years ago, they were charging between $10 and $12.99 for these types of magazines, which I already thought was a lot for a magazine...$17.99 is almost the price of a book!

Wouldn't it have been wonderful had they issued a magazine like this for Mary Wilson? I would have shelled out even $20 for a copy of it.

that is a beautiful cover.

Several on eBay, one guy had 10 copies still this Monday morning for sale $7

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184997335610

now 5.99 .
    hmmmm I wonder if some supermarket is missing 10 copies