[REMOVE ADS]

Sisters Love CD Question

For those of you who have the CD "With Love," does your copy have writing on the inner side of the back insert? Mine does, some of it is red, and it looks like it might have been notes from a recording session.

I just wanted to make sure this is on ALL copies, not just mine.

Yes a couple of the titles are circled in red and there's a red X. It looks like they scanned or photographed the center label of an LP [it says "33 Stereo", I guess this was an acetate] which someone wrote on back in the day.
    Last edited by calvin; 08-28-2021 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    Yes a couple of the titles are circled in red and there's a red X. It looks like they scanned or photographed the center label of an LP [it says "33 Stereo", I guess this was an acetate] which someone wrote on back in the day.
    Yes Calvin this was an acetate of their unreleased 1972 MoWest album. There are still several unreleased tracks sitting the vaults not only of their Motown but also their A&M recordings.

I read on their Facebook page that they were not pleased with another later day release and had nothing to do with it.

I just got mine last week....with the writing on the inner side. Besides that, the booklet gives fantastic [[and sad) information and the music is wonderful. My favorite is "do what you gotta do" .

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    I just got mine last week....with the writing on the inner side. Besides that, the booklet gives fantastic [[and sad) information and the music is wonderful. My favorite is "do what you gotta do" .
    That is a great version of the Jimmy Webb classic. It was also recorded by Al Wilson, Nina Simone, Roberta Flack and Linda Ronstadt. Lillie Forte sang lead on the Sisters version, she's also the voice you hear singing with Ray Charles on his hit "Crying Time".

thanks for your addition, greatly appreciated. Calling out all other owners, any other thoughts about other songs on the album?