[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Select Titles Sold Out

Can't believe it. About 16 titles sold out now. I think that is a good thing :-)

Not if it's on your want list!

Which ones have sold out please?

Both David Ruffin cd's, Diana Ross' "Last Time I Saw Him", The Supremes "Lost And Found" and "Where Did Our Love Go", both Eddie Kendricks cd's, The Four Tops "Lost and Found", The Jackson 5's "Live In Japan" and "Joyful Jukebox/Boogie", Marvin Gaye's "Here My Dear" and "In My Lifetime", Syreeta's and Teena Maries cd's, and The Temptations "In Japan".

Ramone Verona Guest
    Anna Gordy purchased all the "Here, My Dear" sets.

Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Both David Ruffin cd's, Diana Ross' "Last Time I Saw Him", The Supremes "Lost And Found" and "Where Did Our Love Go", both Eddie Kendricks cd's, The Four Tops "Lost and Found", The Jackson 5's "Live In Japan" and "Joyful Jukebox/Boogie", Marvin Gaye's "Here My Dear" and "In My Lifetime", Syreeta's and Teena Maries cd's, and The Temptations "In Japan".
    Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    Anna Gordy purchased all the "Here, My Dear" sets.
    HAHA

You're naughty Ramone, VERY NAUGHTY. But oh so funny. ROFL

I was actually saving up for the First Ruffin set!

In addition to the two sold out David Ruffin Motown Solo Album sets, there is also the "David-The Unreleased Album" CD. It was the very first Hip-O Select item to sell out and is no longer listed on the hip-oselect.com website. An Amazon market place seller is currently asking $195.99 for a new copy of "David-The Unreleased Album".

if it means cd sales, why would Hip-O not churn out more copies? is it because fans would revolt as these releases were sold under the guise of "limited editions"?

Chestersong

Absolutely. Fans will not be slow at voicing those concerns.

Many of these sold out titles can still be purchased/downloaded from iTunes. I know that most people including myself do prefer physical formats, but if you're desperate, it IS an affordable alternative.

that is true! however, with the accompanying packaging and liner notes with the select titles, having it on cd is more worth while!