[REMOVE ADS]

Any Reviews Diana Ross Reflections

I know Diana Ross, Reflections by Ian Philips,Name:  15879FD6-327C-461E-B2FC-B20B22010E5C.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  10.3 KB was published in 2015, but it is new to me. Has anyone read this and if so, is it worth purchasing? I'd love a review.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeNuYorker View Post
    I know Diana Ross, Reflections by Ian Philips,Name:  15879FD6-327C-461E-B2FC-B20B22010E5C.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  10.3 KB was published in 2015, but it is new to me. Has anyone read this and if so, is it worth purchasing? I'd love a review.
    One of the things I enjoy most about this site is reading the differing opinions of Diana Ross’ music. It is quite interesting seeing how varied the opinions can be regarding favorite albums, disappointing releases, etc. I have the book, but for me it was a disappointment. Every album is represented in full length, detailed chapter reviews, but I began to lose interest as I read. The author loves practically every song Diana ever recorded. I know this sounds strange coming from a fan, but I hoped for a balanced review of the great and the not-so-great. The Diana Ross Project blog was a much better read for me.

Again, this is just my opinion of Reflections and I would love to hear from others who may be familiar with the book.

On the Amazon US site, the hardcover of the book is selling for $579.44, the paperback $41.19. The Diana Ross project site is free. And the project site is well written and offers critical discernment.

I've not read the book so I can't offer any personal insight, but I recall at the time the consensus was that it read as a love letter to Diana.

Everyone knows Diana is not without fault, so to gloss things over rather than give a balanced biography seems like a waste of a tree. I also seem to think there were many factual errors, and it read as a reworking of what Mary, J Randy, and others have already written.

Thank you so much for your response. I had an exchange with the author on Twitter and he was unnecessarily nasty so I would not purchase anyway.

I have this book. I really enjoyed it. Because it’s the first book that focuses on the music.
    Every album is highlighted. This is actually his second book on Diana Ross the first one was called “Diana Ross Queen of Motown”. The author is a big Diana Ross fan. He has also wrote a book on Madonna another of his favorite artists. I am friends with him on Facebook. He’s a really nice guy.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 08-25-2021 at 09:40 PM.

I had an exchange with the author on Twitter and he was unnecessarily nasty
    I wonder what his handle is on here...

Thank you so much for your response. I had an exchange with the author on Twitter and he was unnecessarily nasty so I would not purchase anyway.
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    I wonder what his handle is on here...
    I'll give you one guess. It'll be the easiest A+ you ever received if you've been paying attention.

I seem to recall folks saying the author was a little snappy, especially with any criticism. Tony Tina Turner Jr!