[REMOVE ADS]

Ted Nugent and Diana Ross interesting tidbit

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...-nugent-075309

His early band, the Lourds, were given the chance to open for the Supremes [[with Diana Ross) in 1962 after they won a local battle of the bands contest. Nugent was only 13 at the time

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    https://www.politico.com/story/2012/...-nugent-075309

His early band, the Lourds, were given the chance to open for the Supremes [[with Diana Ross) in 1962 after they won a local battle of the bands contest. Nugent was only 13 at the time
    Such a shame Ted Nugent turned out to be a toxic POS and climbed to so far up the FORMER insurrectionist inciting Presidents rear end.

This is just another example of how innacurate the information on the internet can be, imprecise or erroneous.

I was troubled by the year the Lourds won the band contest : it would have been surprising to open for the Supremes in 1962, and surely not a great privilege...

The Lourds biography states they opened for the Supremes and the Beau Brummels at the Cobo Hall. That precisely rang a bell to me about an appearance there in 1965 and I checked my own website [[http://dianarosssupremes.free.fr) :
    it was on June 13, 1965 [[there's even a pic of the cast of the show from the Detroit Free Press and a pic of the Supremes during this show on the site).

So, Ted Nudgent wasn't 13 at that time but 16 and the group was close to disband instead of "soon after their formation"... History rewritten...

If indeed she did meet him way back when, hopefully, given the way he turned out, she gave him an early view of the notorious "Miss Ross" diva of future legend and either slapped him silly or otherwise treated him with disdain and contempt. Perhaps the first recipient of "avert your eyes" decree when in her presence.

His name should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Diana Ross. Ever.

His name should never be mentioned.
    Fixed that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    I approve.

I second that emotion