[REMOVE ADS]

Diana not the only NYC concert cancelled due to Mother Nature

It would have been too ironic if Diana had been onstage at the Manilow moment:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/08/wa...rt-1234659479/

When this concert was being planned there were calls for Diana Ross to be included. I wonder if she was asked and turned it down?

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    When this concert was being planned there were calls for Diana Ross to be included. I wonder if she was asked and turned it down?
    As Clive Davis was the producer of the show, it seemed that many of the acts like Santana, Barry Manilow, Jennifer Hudson, etc., had a connection with him. It would have been nice if Diana was included. But can you imagine the uproar amongst the fans if she didn't get to perform before the rain came?

I was glued to CNN from the start of the concert until they finally pulled the plug. I enjoyed it very much up to that point. I even enjoyed Anderson Cooper's stretching the time as much as he could hoping that the concert would resume. He mentioned Diana's Central Park concert every other minute it seemed.

At one point, it seemed as if the concert might resume after 10pm but that never happened. They probably should have just cancelled it when the rain first started instead of keeping people hanging on.
    Last edited by reese; 08-24-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Diana’s probably thinking, been there, done it, got the t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Diana’s probably thinking, been there, done it, got the t-shirt.
    LOL good they stopped it.