[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Oh no

Oh no

https://youtube.com/watch?v=aJ2us9_NWGg&feature=share
    Hail Mary full of Grace why oh why

This is as bad as it gets this Video says it all taking Diana’s voice it’s so unbelievable

I see this one is making the rounds again. Been floating out there for years. I actually don't mind it. Mary clearly did not make the song choices for this show; why would she intentionally lip synch to a Diana Ross lead song? To me it shows what a true professional Mary was; able to adapt easily and roll with with it. Either way, she still got paid! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    This is as bad as it gets this Video says it all taking Diana’s voice it’s so unbelievable
    And Jean's! LOL! Covering all the bases. Who were those other 2 'Supremes? I vaguely remember a story about this clip? I think it was a throw together grouping in an emergency. As Mary Brewster said...Mary could roll with it. Folks in the audience probably were none the wiser. Mary looked pretty fabulous.
    Last edited by lakeside; 08-23-2021 at 10:37 PM.

This has been covered here before. This was around 1981 in Germany when Mary was at a very low point. She had just divorced Pedro and was just let go by Motown. She had no record company to support her and Motown was even telling promoters she wasn't the real Mary Wilson. I don't think anyone knows how difficult this time was for her and yet she soldiered on .She wasn't working in the States and needed the money very desperately. I am sure it wasn't something she wanted to do, she also lip synced to her own song Red Hot. I think those are Mary's backup singers Karen Jackson and Debbie Crofton. Mary was a true professional, did what she had to do to get paid during very trying circumstances. I admired Mary's resilience as she rose from this low point and worked very hard for her legacy in the Supremes to not be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    This has been covered here before. This was around 1981 in Germany when Mary was at a very low point. She had just divorced Pedro and was just let go by Motown. She had no record company to support her and Motown was even telling promoters she wasn't the real Mary Wilson. I don't think anyone knows how difficult this time was for her and yet she soldiered on .She wasn't working in the States and needed the money very desperately. I am sure it wasn't something she wanted to do, she also lip synced to her own song Red Hot. I think those are Mary's backup singers Karen Jackson and Debbie Crofton. Mary was a true professional, did what she had to do to get paid during very trying circumstances. I admired Mary's resilience as she rose from this low point and worked very hard for her legacy in the Supremes to not be forgotten.
    An insightful post Jim. As already mentioned, this has been doing the rounds for quite some time and was during a very tough time in Mary’s life. Her strength and resilience were always inspirational, and to many she will always be considered the heart of the Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, Jim. I knew there was a 'story' and had a vague recollection of that situation. Mary did what she had to do to keep The Supremes legacy going...and she did.

Yes, it was a tacky gig to accept, bourne out of desparation for money no doubt. I wonder what viewers at the time thought? Especially those not wise to lipsynching. Did they think Mary had multiple personality disorder given that 3 different voices were coming out of her mouth?

Curious after someone posted a fairly negative review of the Thank you album that this thread was started by someone who is very emotionally invested in the Thank You album, based on their posts. Reminds me of when Marv was alive and someone would post a positive review of a Diana Ross concert and he'd respond with a fulsilade of threads for various Mary Wilson interviews she would give to various media outlets. All rather silly in retrospect.

Strange indeed it’s out of concept in the reality of the world and for the Mary thing all we can say is Hail Mary Full Of Grace

Very much tit for tat around here.

And a lot of posts that don't even make sense.

She’s Minnie Vanilli beat I would say this is the most embarrassing situation in music history but it doesn’t matter she needed to survive ,it’s all part of life she’s most likely singing this in heaven now