[REMOVE ADS]

More Motown Girls "Good Good Feeling" Now available !

Currently for sale as a pre-order !
    This will then be released on August 27th 2021, this in the UK , presume same for U.S. ?
    Worth shopping around as one certain large outfit with the same name as the large forest in South America is charging £16.99 !

I can't wait.

All tracks are excellent, it's just a pity that only 6 of them have never been released in any form before. Still it's better than nothing which is what we have been getting. Roll on COM6.

I`m fizzing! Is the presentation digipak or conventional cd?

The last one from Ace, The 'sound' Of The R & B Hits, was a DIGIPACK.

Pre-ordered my copy from ACE as soon as it up on pre-order. They usually arrive a few days before the official release. Also expecting the Norman Whitfield set at the same time.

Mine's just arrived ...many thanks to Keith ...Mick ...and Eric ...for putting this great compilation together. My only criticism: how could track 1 be anything else but 'Save Yourself' ...I barely heard the title 'This Love I Got' sung at all...??

Grape

Dunno what happened to my post earlier so I'll do it again ....

Ordered directly from ACE for £12.92 with free postage in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Dunno what happened to my post earlier so I'll do it again ....

Ordered directly from ACE for £12.92 with free postage in the UK.
    Your earlier post is still there, but on the other thread

It's an age thing.

My copy arrived today, and where I would have listened to it by now, I think between the downloads, which I downloaded, and the songs that are on Cellar Full Of Motown 5, there are only the 6 new tracks. I expect that I will give the CD a spin within 24 hours. Though it just occured to me, if the song was available digitally, technically this is the first time it has had a physical release. So I am feeling better about this new acquisition by the moment.

Must've heard the majority of the tracks before but quite honestly they might just as well be new to me lol. As I say it's an age thing lol. Must listen to it all again as I've yet to determine my favourite tracks. Pleased to have it in my collection though. Thanks to all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Must've heard the majority of the tracks before but quite honestly they might just as well be new to me lol. As I say it's an age thing lol. Must listen to it all again as I've yet to determine my favourite tracks. Pleased to have it in my collection though. Thanks to all involved.
    The thing I appreciate is having a physical copy of some ice the digital downloads.

Not sure but Amazon US still can't give me a shipping date even though I pre-ordered the CD. Not the first time this has happened. Next time I'll order from Import CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Not sure but Amazon US still can't give me a shipping date even though I pre-ordered the CD. Not the first time this has happened. Next time I'll order from Import CDs.
    You can also order directly from ACE Records. I ordered directly from them and received my copy over the weekend!

I pre-ordered from Amazon, too, but still haven't gotten a delivery date from Amazon. I kinda thought pre-ordering allowed them to notify the seller [Ace] that they definitely need ## CDs by/before the release date. With an entity as big as Amazon, I'm still amazed they have such difficulty obtaining product--and I've experienced this with Amazon for years, not just since the start of the global pandemic. What stops me from ordering elsewhere is that the price is usually fairly competitive and I get free shipping with my Amazon Prime membership. I've contemplated trying Dusty Groove with their good reputation and prices, but besides not having free shipping, they run out of product almost as fast as they get it in stock. I'm not blaming Ace for the lack of product because clearly other people have ordered directly from Ace and are pleased with the results. I just can't understand why giant Amazon is failing on this front.

PS - It seems it's all the Ace product Amazon has trouble sourcing because this past summer I ordered the Goldie and the Gingerbreads Ace collection from them and it took about a month past the official release date before I finally received it. I'm kind of anticipating the same thing with the More Motown Girls set.

I guess I should not be worried if others are having delivery issues also. I ordered mine from Deep Discount, which is usually quite reliable. But as of today, I have not even received a shipping notice, much less the actual delivery.

I preordered my copy from Dusty Groove in Chicago, and received my copy this past Friday.

I checked Dusty Groove but they show as being “temporarily out of stock“. I think I’m guilty of assuming Amazon always has the best deals and I’m going to start shopping other places instead. Of course Amazon makes everything so easy and convenient you tend to just gravitate there, but it does seem odd that they can’t get enough stock in on a new release that was pre-ordered.

I just got a notice from Amazon that my package was finally going to ship. I only have to wait another 10 days! I’m sure glad I pre-ordered this!

Mine arrived yesterday. I`m about to sit in the sun and enjoy some wonderful sounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday. I`m about to sit in the sun and enjoy some wonderful sounds!
    Please let us know what you think of it.

I just got a notice from Amazon that my package was finally going to ship. I only have to wait another 10 days! I’m sure glad I pre-ordered this!
    I pre-ordered "Good Good Feeling," "Psychedelic Soul: Produced by Norman Whitfield," and Petula Clark "Splendido! Italian Singles Collection" [how's THAT for eclectic?!] on the same day and all three had been out of stock after the release date...until Petula Clark finally shipped today! However, what's interesting is that my credit card was charged for ALL THREE, so... maybe the other two will be shipping out any time now like yours? Petula is supposed to be here [CA] from Kentucky by Monday, so if the other two were to ship tomorrow, maybe I'd get them by Tuesday/Wednesday? Was someone at Amazon lurking here, perhaps...? LOL Fingers crossed yours gets to you sooner than 10 days, Kenneth!

Also--enjoy yours, Roger!

I am Dan thank you and hope that your`s turns up real soon! Of the 6 unreleased songs I like "My World Is Crumbling" I only wish that Brenda could have used the band track. "When I Was In School" anything by Hattie will do me. "Leaving On A Plane" One of her better unissued tracks."This Love I`ve Got" I wondered how this track would sound with vocals as we`ve had this as an instrumental for years.Rather unusual. "Good, Good Feeling" would have been better with a Funk Bros. band track."In The Neighborhood" is pleasant enough with the same arrangements as the earlier releases. Overall another excellent and well worth having edition from Ace. Many thanks to Keith for his efforts and to Eric for his photos. More please!

My copy just arrived. I'm enjoying it immensely! Thanks to all involved.

A question: The write up for 'Hold Me Oh My Darling' states that 'There Are Things' "later transmuted into a Marvin & Tammi duet." I know of Tammi's solo version but where might I find the Marvin-Tammi duet?

I thnk it's on the "United" album

Also on 'Hold Me Oh My Darling" who is the male that sings the word 'baby' at 1:11. Harvey Fuqua? One of the Spinners?

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I thnk it's on the "United" album
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Thank you.
    Snake,

I almost bought it. 'Hold Me Oh My Darling' is on United.
    I cannot find a Marvin-Tammi duet version of 'There Are Things' anywhere.

The Marvin-Tammi duet mention got me thinking. I went to DFTMC and notice that 'Good Lovin' Ain't Easy To Come By' lists 2 known acetates , take 9 & take 8. Which take is the released version? and... There must be some difference between the 2 takes. What are they? Keith? Andy? George? John Lester?

Snake,

THERE ARE THINGS was only released as a Tammi solo.

The opening track, Martha & the Vandellas' 'This Love I've Got' {Paul Riser, William "Mickey" Stevenson, William Witherspoon} and the lack of the title's inclusion in the lyrics, reminded me of 'S.O.S. [Girl In Distress]' {William Stevenson, William Witherspoon, James Dean}. At times there were even occasional nuances of similarity in the band tracks.
    With Martha & the Vandellas version of S.O.S., the title & lyrics jelled. Marv Johnson's earlier version did not include the title in the lyrics, but was known for years as 'Joe & Moe's' on bootlegs.
    Hmmh... 1965 for both songs.... 2 common composers.....Might there be another 1965 recording of 'This Love I've Got' by Lord -knows -who that matches the band track with lyrics based upon the title? Perhaps it's in the vaults in an unexplored position on a reel just waiting to be discovered! As we've read here several times "With Motown never say never".
    Last edited by luckyluckyme; 09-22-2021 at 07:30 PM.

My copy just arrived. I'm enjoying it immensely! Thanks to all involved.

A question: The write up for 'Hold Me Oh My Darling' states that 'There Are Things' "later transmuted into a Marvin & Tammi duet." I know of Tammi's solo version but where might I find the Marvin-Tammi duet?
    I think the editing gremlins may have entered here for as you say There Are Things was never a M and T duet - probably got mixed up with Hold Me Oh My Darling which of course was. I'm also a little confused about the mention of a duet on Hold Me Oh My Darling - I can hear a male background singer who I take to be HF but not sure I would describe it a duet or is there another version I have missed?

Snake,

Sorry..misread your post.

Is this available via streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    I think the editing gremlins may have entered here for as you say There Are Things was never a M and T duet - probably got mixed up with Hold Me Oh My Darling which of course was. I'm also a little confused about the mention of a duet on Hold Me Oh My Darling - I can hear a male background singer who I take to be HF but not sure I would describe it a duet or is there another version I have missed?

Hi Paul,

I never said that Ann's version was a duet. Here's what I asked:

Also on 'Hold Me Oh My Darling" who is the male that sings the word 'baby' at 1:11. Harvey Fuqua? One of the Spinners?

It definitely is a male voice and he sings the word by himself; Ann is nowhere to be heard on that word.

Hi Paul,

I never said that Ann's version was a duet. Here's what I asked:

It definitely is a male voice and he sings the word by himself; Ann is nowhere to be heard on that word.
    I never said you did say it was a duet - I was answering your question about the CD essay which said it was a duet

The Marvin-Tammi duet mention got me thinking. I went to DFTMC and notice that 'Good Lovin' Ain't Easy To Come By' lists 2 known acetates , take 9 & take 8. Which take is the released version? and... There must be some difference between the 2 takes. What are they? Keith? Andy? George? John Lester?
    This is very interesting............

After one quick listen, my three favorites are: Martha's opening track, the upbeat version of My Daddy Knows Best, and the Chris Clark song Never Trust a Man.

Oh my! Many of us must certainly be getting older. I'm obviously in very good company.
    I was again enjoy this wonderful release and re-reading the accompanying booklet. And then it hit me.
    Oma Heard recorded 5 duets with Marvin Gaye- The 5th 'Your Kiss Kiss' was featured on "A Cellarful of Motown Volume 4" where Keith and Paul acknowledged that the master tape needed some help via modern technology before it could be presented.
    The previously released 1966 selections were first introduced digitally, but then were made available in the physical 4-cd set "Motown Unreleased 1966".
    It's a shame that none of the other years' output received a composite physical release like unto 1966, but thanks to Keith & Paul we are getting the cream of the crop of the digital via Ace and Caroline cd's.
    I'm really looking forward to Keith's Motown instrumental opus and perhaps "A Cellarful of Motown Vol. 6".
    Last edited by luckyluckyme; 09-29-2021 at 03:37 PM.

I would like to know who are the male vocalists on the Martha & The Vandellas track "It´s hard to walk away"? Further I´m curiuos of a list of the tracks by Ann Bogan which se recorded for Motown. Maybe someone can help me and give me answers, thank you

I was pleasantly surprised at how well Connie Haines handled "In the Neighbourhood".