[REMOVE ADS]

"You turn me around" by other singers.

You turn me around is probably my favourite song of the 75' album. I love Mary's intro and think it's one of her better leads. I always assumed it was one of those songs that didn't have any other versions, by other singers, so never bothered to look. But today had a quick look for no reason and was surprised it has been covered several times. Not sure if this has been discussed before but I can't remember to be honest . Just made me curious to see if other songs from that album were covered or if some of the Supremes versions are covers themselves.

Last edited by TYK1986; 08-20-2021 at 02:16 PM.

The Tempts did YOU CAN'T STOP A MAN IN LOVE on their 1975 HOUSE PARTY album.

Reuben Howell also did YOU CAN'T STOP A MAN IN LOVE. His version was released in 1973, two years before the Supremes'.

I like the arrangement of the Temps version of You Can't stop. Only during the chorus can you hear some similarities. Never heard this either!

The Reuben Howell version is not bad either! I think this mix is better than the Supremes' version. His voice is louder than the backing track, whereas in the Supremes' version, Scherrie is slightly buried behind the backing track especially during the intro.

I really like the Reuben Howell recording. The label says it's from an album - was it ever released? I'd like to hear it.

Not from the album, but recorded by the same lineup around the same time:

Let’s stay focus people lol

You turn me around is my favorite Mary lead on that album. Song suits her style and she really gets into the lyric. I like the spoken word part about "little kid inside". That bit would become part of her stage patter, if her performance of "Someday We'll be Together" from her Live at the Sands DVD revealed.