[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Krystol

Krystol

Does anyone know what happened to the group "Krystol"?
    I believe they made 3 LP's. I remember Roberta Stiger
    of the group passed away from a tragic car accident
    during the recording of the second LP.

I think the girl who died was D'Marie Warren? She and Roberta also appeared on Fred Wesley's House Party album.

I shelled out for the US 12" of After The Dance Is Through, thinking it wouldn't get a UK release and for once was correct. Used to play the instrumental almost as often as the vocal. There was a girl called Robbie Danzie who sometimes filled in. She released a couple of Japan only albums, very pricey. Expansion UK then compiled a Best Of a couple of years on. How many artists get a Best Of after only two albums?

The group had four albums:

Gettin' Ready - 1984
    Talk of the Town - 1985
    Passion From A Woman - 1986
    I Suggest U Don't Let Go - 1989

I thought two of the members came from Alton McClain & Destiny. Shame they didn't have more albums. Passion From A Woman is excellent.

Thank you Danno....indeed it was D'Marie Warren who passed. And yes, I believe two
    members did come from Alton McClain and Desitiy...thank you for that superlou. I'd
    forgotten about the 1989 LP. I have the other 3. I thought they were really good and
    like so many groups...sort of just faded away.