[REMOVE ADS]

Who is a "Temptation"

Who is a "Temptation" with rights to the name and all the things that come with it? Are only Otis Williams and the estate of Melvin Franklin/David English the only "Temptations"? What about Ron Tyson? He's been singing with the group for 38 years, is he still a salaried singer with the group, or has he been voted in as a "Temptation"?
    I recall some years ago that Ron Wood, who had played with the Rolling Stones for year was finally voted in as a "Rolling Stone" with rights to, I imagine "Rolling Stones Inc."
    From Wiki:
    Wood officially joined the Rolling Stones in 1975 for their upcoming Tour of the Americas, which was a contributing factor in the disbandment of the Faces. Unlike the other band members, however, Wood was a salaried employee, which remained the case until the early 1990s, when he finally joined the Stones' business partnership.
    So who is officially a "Temptation"?

Interesting subject.

Otis, the the sole remaining original Temptation took ownership of the franchise through attrition... I was unaware that he gave a portion [[likely small) to the estate of Melvin, his close friend and supporter during the groups more tumultuous times... The franchise wasn't always so valuable, however, in recent years, with the Motown revivals and Temptations Broadway project, along with Otis' solo book and film project has likely increased in value significantly... I don't know Ron Tysons status, although based on his longevity, I'd assume that when times were thin, his compensation as thin, but hopefully, Otis has appreciated his loyalty enough to at least reward him with some of the spoils of the more recent financial success of the brand...

Wikipedia has a very interesting visual graph on all temptations.