[REMOVE ADS]

Sub-Forum DRATS should move back

I personally feel the need for a subforum has passed. There is no longer the rude posts, the in-fighting and the terrible remarks made about group members. Most of the posts in the forum seem to be about Diana Ross and her current recording. Mary Wilson has passed and with her, went the 60th Anniversary celebrations and it seems Universal only released a download of her Expanded Edition to placate fans after she announced it and passed away. The other members have not been working after the pandemic, I have not seen much about Scherrie & Susaye. Jean, Lynda and Cindy are all no longer singing. The need to have this subforum seems to be over. Does anyone agree it should just go back to being a part of the forum or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    I personally feel the need for a subforum has passed. There is no longer the rude posts, the in-fighting and the terrible remarks made about group members. Most of the posts in the forum seem to be about Diana Ross and her current recording. Mary Wilson has passed and with her, went the 60th Anniversary celebrations and it seems Universal only released a download of her Expanded Edition to placate fans after she announced it and passed away. The other members have not been working after the pandemic, I have not seen much about Scherrie & Susaye. Jean, Lynda and Cindy are all no longer singing. The need to have this subforum seems to be over. Does anyone agree it should just go back to being a part of the forum or am I missing something?
    I'd pretty much agree, especially as regards your second sentence. While the sub-forum was created with good intentions I'm not sure it really made any difference in members' behaviors. I find that the best way to avoid those who post endlessly and negatively is simply to block/ignore them!

I like the sub-forum and hope it stays separate. The Supremes remain the premo Motown group, and there is still some good discussion... Why change it?

I think the forum should remain as is. One of the biggest complaints was the amount of Supremes related threads that crowded the general Motown forum. I personally prefer not having to come into Supremes threads and see among the discussion a handful of complaints about yet another Supremes thread. It's bad enough to have Supremes threads in the Supremes section be invaded by certain posters who wants to regulate what and why and how we discuss Diana Ross, in particular. Luckily, most of the forum ignores their attempt to control and keeps on with the music discussion. Let the people who tire of Supremes talk stay blissfully ignorant to all things Supremes and let us who enjoy all of Motown be able to shift back and forth between the two sections.

It would be nice to have it acknowledged by TPTB the change in general atmosphere in the Supremes threads. But I think that would be acknowledging where the problem largely stemmed from, and for various reasons I'm not holding my breath for that admission.

But kudos to most of the sub forum for being on your best behavior over the last year. I know I had a major violation nearly a year ago, so I can't pat myself on the back as I applaud you all. It's been a mostly good feeling to be able to talk all things Supremes and have mostly everyone respecting each other's opinions, even when disagreeing, and without the threads devolving into some kind of internet death match.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I think the forum should remain as is. One of the biggest complaints was the amount of Supremes related threads that crowded the general Motown forum. I personally prefer not having to come into Supremes threads and see among the discussion a handful of complaints about yet another Supremes thread. It's bad enough to have Supremes threads in the Supremes section be invaded by certain posters who wants to regulate what and why and how we discuss Diana Ross, in particular. Luckily, most of the forum ignores their attempt to control and keeps on with the music discussion. Let the people who tire of Supremes talk stay blissfully ignorant to all things Supremes and let us who enjoy all of Motown be able to shift back and forth between the two sections.

It would be nice to have it acknowledged by TPTB the change in general atmosphere in the Supremes threads. But I think that would be acknowledging where the problem largely stemmed from, and for various reasons I'm not holding my breath for that admission.

But kudos to most of the sub forum for being on your best behavior over the last year. I know I had a major violation nearly a year ago, so I can't pat myself on the back as I applaud you all. It's been a mostly good feeling to be able to talk all things Supremes and have mostly everyone respecting each other's opinions, even when disagreeing, and without the threads devolving into some kind of internet death match.
    I agree Ran, though the odd crocodile can still be spotted on occasion lol.

I think the forum should stay as is besides why bother Ralph with this. it's all good here and its real easy to maneuver. Why change it back? Makes no sense IMO.

I think things seem to be working pretty well the way they are.

I think this separate forum is working well and doing just fine. Seems like 90% of the time this sub-forum has many more posts than the others, so the separation helps both Supremes/Diana Ross fans and non-fans.

I agree. Seems like a good thing going here. Most folks are respectful. It's nice having
    a specific area for The Supremes/Ross and not wading through other threads.

Keep it as it is now.

It's been a good change. I vote to keep it the way it is.

I prefer the way it is now. I don't see the problem of having it as a sub-forum. I find it very convenient.

In the past too many DRATS threads have often overwhelmed the forum and caused some interesting Motown topics to go unnoticed or buried in the avalanche of DRATS topics, particularly redundant threads.

Leave well alone or in other words if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I say leave it as is.

Why infiltrate the regular forum with 10 posts a week that fawn over each and every Diana Ross song? These aren't even threads.

Keep it the way it is.

There will always be someone, perhaps some new member, who will spam a ton of posts about random songs or other trivia.

Why pollute the Motown thread with these?

Okay, I can see all of the valid points with continuing the subforum. My thoughts at the time were that we no longer needed to be separate but I can see that remaining this way would be best going forward. I now agree. Thanks.