[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    And her writing style can give her away !

I still believe has been delayed , thank goodness maybe the album will be delayed also , sometimes it takes a few months for a single to do well , it’s heading that way

10.15.2021 #THANKYOU "If the World Just Danced" has risen to #56 on the U.K. Official Singles Download chart, and to #57 on the U.K. Official Singles Sales Chart!!! ������.
    I just cut and pasted this
    Last edited by jobeterob; 10-15-2021 at 08:42 PM.

BBC 2 Radio Song Chart lists "If The World Just Danced" as its current Number 1 Song. Congratulations to
    Diana Ross ! ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    A third single right now would be overkill and could wreck album sales as the first two have not sold enough to chart. Anyway that's not what's needed Ross must get off her butt and promote, promote, promote. She's never going to have another single hit as it's the kids who buy the 'music' that fills the singles sales Top 100. It would be a case of 'Diana who?' Thinking back 50 years [[gosh did I really mean to admit that) I was just the same when '40's & '50's artists appeared on TV or radio. It was '60's or nothing. Albums are different as the older generation are still interested in the artists from their youth. As I said before 'Thank You' should have been released months ago as I fear that it will be lost in the run up to Christmas. There are so many new albums vying for our £££££$$$$$ and at least a top 10 position. If the release was deferred to Jan it would stand a much better chance of coming through what I call the post Christmas release gap.
    I hear you, copley and you're 100% correct.

As you say there ain't gonna be a hit single but the record company knew this from the statr and according to Bluebrock they wanted Diana to do an album.

With If The World Just Danced getting good airplay another single now would be overkill especially one in disco vein such as I Still Believe.

Unless there is a huge amount of promotion planned in the next couple of weeks which we haven't heard about this album is heading for oblivion in the UK - it's going to be swamped by Abba and also the Christmas rush..

The original release date should never have been changed.

However good as what we've had so far is the UK definitely needs a radio-friendly ballad - hard to tell from such short clips but if Time To Call has a strong chorus it might be the one.

I get why the release date was changed to November. Given the title, and the age of her fanbase, it's meant to compete in the Christmas shopping season. I'm sure Decca was thinking younger people may buy the CD as a gift for their grandparent or older Uncle or Aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Diana Ross has a very active Twitter account that she posts very often. She posted and thanked the UK for it being #1 on the radio chart.
    It's not that active. She's posted a few times this week, but that's after a pause of a couple of weeks, and two of the posts this week are her usual Secrets of a Sparrow style inspirational rhetoric though at least she hash tagged Thank You to build awareness of the album. But she's no Dionne Warwick when it comes to using Twitter though Diana Ross does stay on her current brand with her Tweets just like Dionne does.

and now Adele has a new single and album coming nov 15. stiff competition.
    still looking forward to the album, maybe Diana was ready to tour . not sure but hopefully we will see her soon

Diana Ross just released the music video to If the world just danced , which I’m in what a friggen awesome song

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Diana Ross just released the music video to If the world just danced , which I’m in what a friggen awesome song
    O. M. G. !! SOOO happy for you! Yes, it's a GREAT song, and I've found that for both 'TY' and "ITWJD' I liked them from the start and with each and every play I've loved the records more. Hits-Schmitz. Our Miss Ross has made [[at least) 2 great new songs for the true fans. You be well!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    O. M. G. !! SOOO happy for you! Yes, it's a GREAT song, and I've found that for both 'TY' and "ITWJD' I liked them from the start and with each and every play I've loved the records more. Hits-Schmitz. Our Miss Ross has made [[at least) 2 great new songs for the true fans. You be well!
    Thank you my friend the fans who truly love her can enjoy her music which we love

I’m still over the moon on this song ,It’s definitely my song of the year along with I still believe and tomorrow Thank you Diana for putting out such great music