[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

If the World just Danced 👠👑👠

COMING…

August 20

“If The World Just Danced”

New Single
    I don’t know about you but this song could be incredible

"If The World Just Danced" sounds very much up Diana's street. Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    COMING…

August 20

“If The World Just Danced”

New Single
    I don’t know about you but this song could be incredible

Just 2 more days! Counting down with you!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Just 2 more days! Counting down with you!
    hopefully we all dance

They refuse to release All Is Well! I need to hear that full song!!!!!

I’m anticipating it’s going to be utter rubbish. If then it turns out a decent song, i will luxuriate in the heightened euphoria that will surely follow.

If the world just danced is gonna rule
    Last edited by after you; 08-19-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Just a few more hours

Just a few more hours
    I'm afraid we have to be a bit more patient. New date September 3.
    https://www.dianaross.com

Certainly the most intriguing title on the new album, but let's not get too carried away with expectations. Never judge a song on its title alone.

I just don't understand what is going on here.

Maybe they want this album and Song to chart for the coveted English Christmas song in the meantime we can enjoy each other’s company on this site Happy Sunday be safe and love one another

Maybe they want this album and Song to chart for the coveted English Christmas song in the meantime we can enjoy each other’s company on this site Happy Sunday be safe and love one another
    Awwww. That was so sweet, After You!

A world of thank yous

This album is a Fred White affair ,
    2. "If the World Just Danced" Diana Ross, Aliandro Prawl, Andre Pinckney, Scott M. Carter, Amy Wadge, Vanessa Wood & Jaquetta Singleton 3:44
    3. "All Is Well" Diana Ross, Fred White & Rhonda Ross 4:32
    4. "In Your Heart" Diana Ross, Charles Hinshaw & Amy Wadge 4:16
    5. "Just in Case"

3:10
    6. "The Answer's Always Love" Siedha Garrett, Bart Eastman 4:33
    7. "Let's Do It" Diana Ross, Fred White, Neff-U 3:40
    8. "I Still Believe"

3:38
    9. "Count on Me" Rhonda Ross 3:30
    10. "Tomorrow" Aliandro Prawl, Amy Wadge, Alex Stacey, Andre Pinckney, Scott M. Carter, Chris Stevens, Kyla Moscovich & Vanessa Wood 3:23
    11. "Beautiful Love" Diana Ross & Fred White 4:00
    12. "Time to Call" Diana Ross, Teyana Miller & Troy Miller 3:31
    13. "Come Together" Diana Ross, Charles Hinshaw, Marvee Woods, Timothy Bloom & Ayak Thiik

It's amazing how contemporary and strong she sounds in it. AMAZING.

"Thank You" was like a mix of the old and new, it had her classic sound while still sounding very now, Bruno Mars-like.

This new song is totally new.

It’s what we needed very upbeat

Brilliant, I hope the song achieves masses of radio play. It would be fantastic if Diana Ross visited the UK to promote the song on a TV program. She remains popular and respected here, so a visit would be a wonderful gesture given the Covid impact on her cancelled tour last year and Glastonbury Legend appearance.

Unfortunate timing to be released alongside Abba's new tracks - hasn't hit UK iTunes top 1500 yet.

Hope the album dates don't co-incide in November.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Unfortunate timing to be released alongside Abba's new tracks - hasn't hit UK iTunes top 1500 yet.

Actually, both albums are released on the same day. Considering that the official Abba store crashed yesterday due to demand, with several formats selling out, the album is going to be absolutely massive. Also, they have altogether about 30 different formats announced so far [[worldwide). I´m afraid the first week of November will be all about Abba. As a fan I am extremely happy about their first new album in 40 [[!) years but I wish they were not releasing it in the same week as Diana.

That said, it feels like it´s the late 70s/early 80s again - Diana and Abba releasing new albums in 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Considering that the official Abba store crashed yesterday due to demand, with several formats selling out, the album is going to be absolutely massive.
    Abba have a huge advantage in the ability to write, arrange & produce their own songs. And there will be music videos [even it fhey just feature 'abbatars'] to further promote the singles. Plus the virtual world tour.

What a way to make a comeback after 40 years and [probably] also sign-off on your musical career,

They deserve all the undoubted success coming to them.
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 09-03-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Diana Ross releases her new single “If The World Just Danced” today [[3). The suitably club-flavored dancefloor track is the follow-up to the equally ebullient “Thank You,” which came out in June and enjoyed a hugely positive reaction and airplay.
    Both tracks are from the superstar’s forthcoming album Thank You, to be released on November 5 by Decca Records. As Ms. Ross says herself: “There’s no wrong way to dance, just do it.” She goes on: “Let everyone know to have FUN. Joy, Joy, Joy is the answer. Playfulness! Happiness! When you dance there Is only love in life. When you dance the world dances.”

Interesting if the world just danced sounds similar to Abbas new song

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Actually, both albums are released on the same day. Considering that the official Abba store crashed yesterday due to demand, with several formats selling out, the album is going to be absolutely massive. Also, they have altogether about 30 different formats announced so far [[worldwide). I´m afraid the first week of November will be all about Abba. As a fan I am extremely happy about their first new album in 40 [[!) years but I wish they were not releasing it in the same week as Diana.

That said, it feels like it´s the late 70s/early 80s again - Diana and Abba releasing new albums in 2021!
    I tend to agree. The hoopla surrounding the ABBA reunion concert and subsequent album will cast a shadow over anything else that might be released around the same time. The media is already in a frenzy, with news and film footage of the upcoming events being screened almost daily.
    ABBA mania rules the day. The DR album should be rescheduled or risk being totally over shadowed.

Having heard ABBA's new tracks, which were good, I much prefer this track. Fresh, upbeat, and Diana sounds great. Well produced. But ABBA does seem to be getting all the attention.

I love this song so much, so fast. If handled correctly, Diana could have a legitimate hit on her hands. There's nothing old fashion about it, the track is excellent. It could be major, but as I said, it would have to be handled correctly. A music video would probably go a long way into driving sales. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I tend to agree. The hoopla surrounding the ABBA reunion concert and subsequent album will cast a shadow over anything else that might be released around the same time. The media is already in a frenzy, with news and film footage of the upcoming events being screened almost daily.
    ABBA mania rules the day. The DR album should be rescheduled or risk being totally over shadowed.
    Very worrying Ollie.

No matter the quality Diana's album will simply get swamped by Abba.

That's all we're getting on the radio at the minute.

At least it's managed to get to #100 on UK itunes - I don't really see Radio 2 supporting this single though.

Bluebrock, wherever you are have a few words in a few ears!!!!!

Not to worry this song sounds similar to Abbas’s if not better I believe it will do fine on the charts maybe UK number one it’s on par with upside down

Music and moon light
    Good friends and long nights
    It will be alright
    If you just love [[If you just love)

Bright eyes and laughter
    Let the rhythm just catch ya
    And you'll find all that you're after
    If you just love [[If you just love)

Find a place in an empty space
    Yeah, let's start a party
    Dance away all the pain
    Ain't it much better when we do it together now, now, now
    Much better when we do it together now

Turn it up and go give love a chance
    Go out and take somebody by the hand
    Put on your shoes and find out where you stand
    Go take the lead and teach the world to dance

Don't look back, don't take a second glance
    While life is busy making other plans
    Jump off the edge and find out where you land

So much better if the world just danced [[We'd be better)
    Yeah, we'd be better if the world just danced [[We'd be better)

Heart beats like lightning
    Come let the light in
    'Cause that feeling ain't frightening
    When you just love [[If you just love)

Find a place in an empty space
    Yeah, let's start a party
    Dance away all the pain
    Ain't it much better when we do it together now, now, now
    Much better when we do it together now

Don't look back, don't take a second glance
    While life is busy making other plans
    Jump off the edge and find out where you land

Yeah, we'd be better if the world just danced [[We'd be better)

We'd be better if the world just danced [[We'd be better)
    So much better if the world just danced
    Yeah, we'd be better if the world just danced

Yeah, we'd be better if the world just danced
    We would be better if the world just danced

It’s fresh and contemporary sounding with fun lyrics. Diana continues to impress with songs from the now incredibly anticipated new album. This has real potential, but agree with Ran in that a music video would do much to bolster it’s appeal.
    I find it far more engaging then the new ABBA single which i find a ‘tad dreary.

Listened to it this morning. Classic Diana!

Many comments from all over the internet are saying Diana’s new single is better than
    Abbas new songs I agree

Great song.Another #1 Song on the Dance Charts!
    This song beats a great international club vibe. Can't wait for the dance club remixes.
    Diana Ross' vocals are so lovely in this song. Congratulations to everyone involved in this joyous song!

I loved ABBA and have seen the play Mama Mia and the first movie Mama Mia. The follow up movie was not that good imo and there shouldnt be a third. Im gonna buy the album but wont see them in concert if they tour.

#92 on UK iTunes but significantly isn't in the US top 1500

Very worrying Ollie.

No matter the quality Diana's album will simply get swamped by Abba.

That's all we're getting on the radio at the minute.

At least it's managed to get to #100 on UK itunes - I don't really see Radio 2 supporting this single though.!
    Not really very radio 2ish florence, but hopefully a lot of the other stations will pick it up. I wonder if there are any plans for some kind of music vid, even if Diana is not featured?.
    I really wish the album could be delayed by at least a week as I would prefer attention focussed on her. As it stands, she will be playing second fiddle to the great ABBA bandwagon.

Those of you who’ve preordered the LP from iTunes: Have you noticed that, if you click on this single from your iPhone’s “Recently Added” tab, the cover art is animated? The cover art zooms out and back in, the calligraphic background squiggle art fills in, and the words “Diana Ross” and “Thank You” fill in with sparkle. I’ve never seen this before. My jaw dropped!

i hate to say this but this song is about an unexciting as Thank You. IMO both tunes start out wonderfully and then never go anywhere. there's no build, there's no crescendo. they just sort of float along as-is.

she sounds great. but the songs just don't sound special

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i hate to say this but this song is about an unexciting as Thank You. IMO both tunes start out wonderfully and then never go anywhere. there's no build, there's no crescendo. they just sort of float along as-is.

she sounds great. but the songs just don't sound special
    I like it well enough. It's catchy. But it does meander after a good start. i wouldn't put in the same league as her disco classics like Love Hangover, The Boss, No One Gets the Prize, or Upside Down. Maybe because much if not all the music on the track sounds computer generated. Not much real instrumentation present here. And her voice is autotuned. Not to the point of sounding like a robot, but it's there, except right at the end, where the autotune is removed and we hear Diana sounding fully human.

Embedding the song so anyone can play it directly from here.

Looking at youtube views of the If the World Could Dance on Diana's youtube channel [[two up)--27, 000 views total. The two new Abba songs on the official Abba channel: 12 million.

And the 3 official Diana Ross channel you tube videos for Thank You have a combined view of about 2.2 million after 2 months.

i really like it, hope it does well for her and us

It's not a bad song even though she sounds like she's been auto-tuned to the hilt! As a single it's doomed chart wise where it matters. However it's a good promo for the album which will sell to her die-hard fans and casual buyers looking for a Christmas gift for their grandparents. Fans like me ceased to buy her music years ago. Last single I bought was the 12" mix of 'Paradise' - still love it. At last count I have over 50 Ross/Supremes CD's including all the deluxe editions and even some unreleased stuff! I wish her well.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    It's not a bad song even though she sounds like she's been auto-tuned to the hilt! As a single it's doomed chart wise where it matters. However it's a good promo for the album which will sell to her die-hard fans and casual buyers looking for a Christmas gift for their grandparents. Fans like me ceased to buy her music years ago. Last single I bought was the 12" mix of 'Paradise' - still love it. At last count I have over 50 Ross/Supremes CD's including all the deluxe editions and even some unreleased stuff! I wish her well.
    Yea!! another “Paradise” fan. The remixes are brilliant. Out of curiosity, why did you stop buying her music after “WO” copley?. Was Workin’ Overtime the last DR album you really enjoyed?.

Hi Ollie, TBH the last Diana album I bought was 'Diana - The Chic Album' as I call it. After she left Motown there was no quality control album wise and she really had lost her way especially in the US. The hits continued in the UK until 1999's 'Not Over You Yet' which peaked at #9. I liked some of her singles like 'Mirror Mirror', 'Muscles', 'Pieces of Ice', 'Swept Away', 'Up Front', 'Missing You' and of course 'Chain Reaction'. A couple of her Motown albums are also pretty poor but I bought the deluxe editions of both 'Touch Me in the Morning' and 'Last Time I Saw Him'. Oh I bought her lost album 'Blue' which was OK.

Oh my goodness if we just danced is on Amazon’s top 100 sitting at number 12 unbelievable

Good for her and I’m glad so many seem to like it but I wish it had more “Diana” in it - it’s pretty faceless in that it doesn’t have much of the distinctive personality I expect from her music. Maybe it will grow on me…

Oh my goodness if we just danced is on Amazon’s top 100 sitting at number 12 unbelievable
    In what country? The UK? I just went to Amazon USA and If the World Just danced is not even available in the digital music store at Amazon USA. For American itunes, it's not in top 200 at this moment.