[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Whatever gave you that idea Circa.
    Hey Ollie, I’m guessing the Touch Me In The Morning video should be out any day now.

I have as yet to hear it being played on radio. It’s such a fun, feel-good song that is head and shoulders above much of the crap you hear being churned out all day long.
    A music video would certainly bolster its chances, but time is slipping away.
    Does anyone know how well it’s doing in the USA?.

It’s no doubt a very upbeat Phenomenal song it’s a global dance song , The lyrics are absolutely incredible, and it really doesn’t matter if the charts or not get over yourselves , ,like oh my god so many @@@@@ people out there

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    It’s no doubt a very upbeat Phenomenal song it’s a global dance song , The lyrics are absolutely incredible, and it really doesn’t matter if the charts or not get over yourselves , ,like oh my god so many @@@@@ people out there
    Excuse me!!. Now pick that rattle up and put it back in your pram where you found it.
    The grownups are trying to talk.

Excuse me!!. Now pick that rattle up and put it back in your pram where you found it.
    The grownups are trying to talk.
    On one hand, after you says it doesn't matter if the song charts, but on the other hand, after you is hoping the song will become a Tik Tok sensation.

No doubt If the World Just Danced is primed to be a Tik Tok sensation as Tik Tok trends are determined by people who are of the age to be big Diana Ross fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    On one hand, after you says it doesn't matter if the song charts, but on the other hand, after you is hoping the song will become a Tik Tok sensation.

No doubt If the World Just Danced is primed to be a Tik Tok sensation as Tik Tok trends are determined by people who are of the age to be big Diana Ross fans.
    As in Diana who?

Up from #99-#80 in the UK Official Sales Chart.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Up from #99-#80 in the UK Official Sales Chart.
    Where's Top Of The Pops when you need it. Legs & Co would have danced up a storm to this number lol.

New remixes:

The MOTi remix adds a little more light and shade making it the more interesting. I prefer it to the original version.

Both amazing remixes this is the song of the year absolutely incredible, here’s a review from the Diana Ross Project , And the releases just keep on coming!Two new official remixes of the current single from Ms. Ross, “If The World Just Danced,” are available now for streaming and download.
    Eric Kupper handles one, no surprise considering his stellar track record with Ms. Ross; it’s another shimmering production that keeps our diva’s vocal front and center while providing the song with a strong, clean beat and a cool smoothness perfect for both dance clubs and late-night lounges.
    The other is a fun reimagining from DJ and producer MOTi, who also keeps a strong emphasis on the vocals. That said, the punchy track is a nice departure from the original recording, and buoys Ms. Ross as she delivers the song’s universal message. This one sounds like a global hit.
    Listen to them below [[and listen over and over again…let’s get those YouTube views UP!) and leave your thoughts in a comment!

love this song,hope it does well

Loving the new Eric Kupper remix of Diana Ross' "If The World Just Danced".
    The bass has been upgraded and her sweeter voice is heavenly!

If The World Just Danced up from #80-#64 in the Official UK Sales Chart - all thanks to Radio 2.

Reappeared in the iTunes Top 40 a couple of days ago.

You always find interesting things, JRob. Thanks for this one.

excellent news this may go number one many thanks

Which tracks are every one waiting to hear
    No. Title Writer[[s) Length
    1. "Thank You"

3:45
    2. "If the World Just Danced"
    • Diana Ross
    • Aliandro Prawl
    • Andre Pinckney
    • Scott M. Carter
    • Wadge
    • Vanessa Wood
    • Jaquetta Singleton

3:44
    3. "All Is Well"
    • Diana Ross
    • Fred White
    • Rhonda Ross

4:32
    4. "In Your Heart"
    • Diana Ross
    • Charles Hinshaw
    • Wadge

4:16
    5. "Just in Case"

3:10
    6. "The Answer's Always Love"

4:33
    7. "Let's Do It"
    • Diana Ross
    • Fred White
    • Neff-U

3:40
    8. "I Still Believe"

3:38
    9. "Count on Me" Rhonda Ross 3:30
    10. "Tomorrow"
    • Prawl
    • Wadge
    • Alex Stacey
    • Pinckney
    • Scott M. Carter
    • Chris Stevens
    • Kyla Moscovich
    • Vanessa Wood

3:23
    11. "Beautiful Love"
    • Diana Ross
    • Fred White

4:00
    12. "Time to Call"
    • Diana Ross
    • Teyana Miller
    • Troy Miller

3:31
    13. "Come Together"
    • Diana Ross
    • Hinshaw
    • Marvee Woods
    • Timothy Bloom
    • Ayak Thiik

3:43
    Total length: 49:25

Last edited by after you; 10-09-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Either way ,hope it does well for Diana.
    Nov 5 seems far off but not really.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Either way ,hope it does well for Diana.
    Nov 5 seems far off but not really.
    I’m sure it’s going to do fine , the above collection of songs does not include the new collaborations

It’s now #1 on the airplay chart

http://ukairplaychart.com/1250/BBC_R...wDTxSfSVOvGDRQ

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    In what country? The UK? I just went to Amazon USA and If the World Just danced is not even available in the digital music store at Amazon USA. For American itunes, it's not in top 200 at this moment.
    At the Ross Compound in Greenwich, lol.

Incredible news England has always shown love for the Boss , only a fool would laugh at this , I’m sure this album is going to make it to number one

to bad we the fans couldnt get this off for Diana. i thought sure this would hit

Has the American music buying public turned its back on Diana once again?. Hopefully the album will be met with a little more enthusiasm.

At the bottom of the chart, it says it’s compiled from 316 radio stations forming 99% of the market

Amusing because Abba had sons on but further down the list - I think they have 2 though

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    26 of the 40 songs are not in the UK Top 100 and are never likely to be. It's only an airplay chart so counts for nothing :[[

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    26 of the 40 songs are not in the UK Top 100 and are never likely to be. It's only an airplay chart so counts for nothing :[[
    If the airplay chart counts 'for nothing' I can only wonder why there is an airplay chart at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    If the airplay chart counts 'for nothing' I can only wonder why there is an airplay chart at all.
    Exactly this means everything

It actually means very little. The airplay chart is a guide as to what songs radio stations are likely to be playing each day. It’s great if a station is behind your song, but does not equate to it being a success.

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    Exactly this means everything
    I tend to agree. Radio stations are not really known for repeatedly playing songs that the audience does not want to hear! We could, in fact, say that in this era of dive-bombing physical and downloading sales of music that it is the airplay charts that mean everything, and perhaps it's the other charts that 'count for nothing'!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    New remixes:

[video=youtube;O7__GH5sgI8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7__GH5sgI8[/video
    I like the MOTi remix but I love the Eri Kupper remix. I really think it has potential to become a global hit. Maybe even in the US.

If only it did copley. As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

Back in the day when records were records, I mean 7" vinyl singles, there were a great many that got a huge amount of plays on BBC Radio 1. However no amount of airplay could turn the record into a chart hit it if the listeners did not buy it. There was no such thing as an airplay chart back then. Such records were known as 'turntable hits'. Out of thousands I recall three that I loved that fell into that category. 'I Got A Feeling' - Barbara Randolph, 'Wild Night' - Martha Reeves & 'If It Feels Good Do It' - Della Reese. They were played to death and I loved them but I was in the minority as they all flopped. So what I am saying for those who can't or won't understand an airplay chart is purely that and counts for nothing so Ross being #1 is meaningless. It may however help to promote the album to Radio 2 listeners. I'd like to see it chart in the same way that I like to see all heritage artists have another hit under their belt. They have paid their dues and have nothing left to prove. But, and there is a but, Ross has to get off her butt and promote 'Thank You', things don't just happen you have to make them happen. That goes for all artists - remember that Temptations song!

Back in the day when records were records, I mean 7" vinyl singles, there were a great many that got a huge amount of plays on BBC Radio 1. However no amount of airplay could turn the record into a chart hit it if the listeners did not buy it. There was no such thing as an airplay chart back then. Such records were known as 'turntable hits'. Out of thousands I recall three that I loved that fell into that category. 'I Got A Feeling' - Barbara Randolph, 'Wild Night' - Martha Reeves & 'If It Feels Good Do It' - Della Reese. They were played to death and I loved them but I was in the minority as they all flopped. So what I am saying for those who can't or won't understand an airplay chart is purely that and counts for nothing so Ross being #1 is meaningless. It may however help to promote the album to Radio 2 listeners. I'd like to see it chart in the same way that I like to see all heritage artists have another hit under their belt. They have paid their dues and have nothing left to prove. But, and there is a but, Ross has to get off her butt and promote 'Thank You', things don't just happen you have to make them happen. That goes for all artists - remember that Temptations song!
    A concise and unequivocal post copley. Which Temptations song are you referring to?.

The Way You Do The Things You Do?

Ollie, the one that I always quote when I think that an artist has put little or no effort into promotion because they are 'too big' to bother is "Superstar [[Remember How You Got Where You Are)". There are so many albums being released in the run up to Christmas I fear that it will simply be lost in the crush. It should have been released in August or wait until January which is always a quiet month release wise.

The more I hear this song I the more I absolutely love it

Diana Ross just posted : the world just danced is number one on BBC radio two I love it

Is I Still Believe still dropping tomorrow?

There seems to be nothing about it.

The date is not available on her website , I believe if the world just danced is gaining Momentum it may have been pushed back

What a let down. I was really looking forward to the new single being released tomorrow. Sounds like the fan video for If the World Just Danced is coming very soon.

I noticed Diana Ross on Facebook [[if it's really her) seems very thrilled by the #1 on BBC Radio.

There is as much chance of Ross posting on FB as there is of her doing a shed load of promo for the album! She would not know a BBC Radio 2 airplay chart from a knitting pattern!

There is as much chance of Ross posting on FB as there is of her doing a shed load of promo for the album! She would not know a BBC Radio 2 airplay chart from a knitting pattern!
    Your most probably right LOL.
    I’m hoping we will get to see some personal promo when the album is released. A wise choice not to release another single just yet me thinks.

I thought Tracee and Rhonda had got her around to knitting and watching Facebook posts on how great she is!

The more I hear this song the more I love it , it could become a huge hit

A third single right now would be overkill and could wreck album sales as the first two have not sold enough to chart. Anyway that's not what's needed Ross must get off her butt and promote, promote, promote. She's never going to have another single hit as it's the kids who buy the 'music' that fills the singles sales Top 100. It would be a case of 'Diana who?' Thinking back 50 years [[gosh did I really mean to admit that) I was just the same when '40's & '50's artists appeared on TV or radio. It was '60's or nothing. Albums are different as the older generation are still interested in the artists from their youth. As I said before 'Thank You' should have been released months ago as I fear that it will be lost in the run up to Christmas. There are so many new albums vying for our £££££$$$$$ and at least a top 10 position. If the release was deferred to Jan it would stand a much better chance of coming through what I call the post Christmas release gap.

Diana Ross has a very active Twitter account that she posts very often. She posted and thanked the UK for it being #1 on the radio chart.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Diana Ross has a very active Twitter account that she posts very often. She posted and thanked the UK for it being #1 on the radio chart.
    https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=h...=244+272699401