[REMOVE ADS]

Beautiful Miss Ross moment between myself, my older cousin and her son!

My older cousin is not a Miss Ross fan, but my whole family grew up watching Lady Sings The Blues. So, I tell her Miss Ross has a new album out and she instantly does not want to hear it. I played her Thank You the song and she loved it. She has a 9 year old son and since last year I've been wearing out that "All Is Well" teaser clip that got posted during the start of the pandemic, and he could sing the chorus from that alone [[when I get obsessed, I'm obsessed). So, I've been playing the album for the both of them in her car and she's been really loving it. We were listening to "All Is Well", and you have my older cousin [[40), myself [[35), and her son [[9) singing along to it. My cousin NEVER wants to hear what I want to hear. She's mostly a rap fan, and I am also a rap fan, but I switch it up all the time. I wish I could've bee. Taping that scene in the car of all of us singing all of the words to All Is Well! Thank you so much, Miss Ross!

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    My older cousin is not a Miss Ross fan, but my whole family grew up watching Lady Sings The Blues. So, I tell her Miss Ross has a new album out and she instantly does not want to hear it. I played her Thank You the song and she loved it. She has a 9 year old son and since last year I've been wearing out that "All Is Well" teaser clip that got posted during the start of the pandemic, and he could sing the chorus from that alone [[when I get obsessed, I'm obsessed). So, I've been playing the album for the both of them in her car and she's been really loving it. We were listening to "All Is Well", and you have my older cousin [[40), myself [[35), and her son [[9) singing along to it. My cousin NEVER wants to hear what I want to hear. She's mostly a rap fan, and I am also a rap fan, but I switch it up all the time. I wish I could've bee. Taping that scene in the car of all of us singing all of the words to All Is Well! Thank you so much, Miss Ross!
    A wonderful story to hear, especially at this time of year. I have not had such a shared experience as you but I have indeed been loving my [[at least) daily listen to All Is Well. A beautiful song at any point of time and even more so, inspiring and emotional, at holiday time! Best to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    thats a wonderful thng to share J Love..i had a similar one with my family im the late 80s i was playing Diana's appereance on the Muppet Show in the family tv room and my mother and sister were there,both no fans of Ross when Diana got to the acapella start of "Last Time I saw Him." my sister said "My god that voice..breathtaking" and many years later i was playing a dvd of the Supremes live in 1968 and slowly but surely my mother became mesmerised with the performance and thought it was great!