[REMOVE ADS]




Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 158
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    847
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    In what country? The UK? I just went to Amazon USA and If the World Just danced is not even available in the digital music store at Amazon USA. For American itunes, it's not in top 200 at this moment.
    Its right there in Amazon US @ #21 [[at time of posting, obviously) and can be yours for $1.29
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...1-440b77d8549b

  2. #52
    I just checked again Amazon Best Sellers songs It's at #21. Could it be international? it doesn't seem to specify a country

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    10
    With much love I got from https://dianarossproject.wordpress.com/ Enjoy

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Its right there in Amazon US @ #21 [[at time of posting, obviously) and can be yours for $1.29
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...1-440b77d8549b
    Thanks for the link. I was obviously searching under wrong search criteria or something. Now #24.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    27
    Up to #20 Amazon New Single Releases. Definitely this song has an international swing to it. A great video would boost its sales. Diana Ross has a hit with this uplifting song!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    768
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Good for her and I’m glad so many seem to like it but I wish it had more “Diana” in it - it’s pretty faceless in that it doesn’t have much of the distinctive personality I expect from her music. Maybe it will grow on me…
    Agree. If I heard this song without knowing it was Ross it could be anyone. I dont know if its the production or if this is just how Ross sounds now.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,409
    Rep Power
    153
    It is available in the Amazon USA store cos I bought one last nite; it's doing very well... and what's with the ABBA nonsense on a Motown page and Supremes specific thread..who cares about ABBA?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    96
    Diana´s album is released in the same day as the Abba album. Obviously, that relates to possible chart positions and overall attention of Diana´s album.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    It is available in the Amazon USA store cos I bought one last nite; it's doing very well... and what's with the ABBA nonsense on a Motown page and Supremes specific thread..who cares about ABBA?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,123
    Rep Power
    70
    Pharrell did it so much better with “Happy.” Diana’s song falls flat in the middle chorus. I tried to like it, but just can’t. It is not joyful and borders on being preachy. I am disappointed.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    10
    Pharrell is fifty years younger she’s 77 this song is fantastic I love it much better than Abbas two new songs it’s got all the grove things going on and remember she recorded this album during Covid so she was limited on what she could do ::: stop the wining and enjoy

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Power
    132
    Whether it's because of the new releases from Drake and Abba but sadly the reaction in the UK to If The World Just Danced is decidedly muted.

  12. #62
    Just checked the UK mid week singles chart - no Diana but TBH I'm not surprised. Both the new Abba tracks are in the top 10 and Drake has 3! Drake appeals to the kids & Abba seem to appeal to all ages. There you have it.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    10
    There you have what if you have nothing good to say to go the negative Nelly sites I’m sure you will fit Right in and who cares what it does on the charts we asked for new music we got it and we still have to wait to the album release cheers to happy positive people
    Last edited by after you; 09-06-2021 at 11:42 PM.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Whether it's because of the new releases from Drake and Abba but sadly the reaction in the UK to If The World Just Danced is decidedly muted.
    I’m also surprised. With the positive response “Thank You” received from the media, i thought UK radio would be all over this. Sadly I've yet to hear it. In total contrast the ABBA songs are played every half hour.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    There you have what if you have nothing good to say to go the negative Nelly sites I’m sure you will fit Right in and who cares what it does on the charts we asked for new music we got it and we still have to wait to the album release cheers to happy positive people
    After you, you need to learn to respect other peoples thoughts & opinions on this forum. It's not a fan site for any artist. One more nasty remark will likely get you a warning from Ralph.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I’m also surprised. With the positive response “Thank You” received from the media, i thought UK radio would be all over this. Sadly I've yet to hear it. In total contrast the ABBA songs are played every half hour.
    I don't think it's strong enough to be UK Radio friendly - more Radio One than 2 and I just don't think that One would play any Diana record now.

    Most stations aren't wowed by it.

    What will be important is I Still Believe.

    If it's any way decent I think Radio 2 will support it which will be a big boost for the album.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    There you have what if you have nothing good to say to go the negative Nelly sites I’m sure you will fit Right in and who cares what it does on the charts we asked for new music we got it and we still have to wait to the album release cheers to happy positive people
    No disrespect meant; however, I have a hard time understanding your posts because all of your words run together with no punctuation at all. At least place a period or comma whenever there's a pause or break in what you trying to convey.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    13
    I'm glad afteryou doesn't have the same power as Billy Mumy's character Little Anthony did in the Twilight Zone episode "It's a great Life" or most of us would have been sent to the cornfield for not being positive enough about If the World Just Danced and Diana Ross.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    I don't think it's strong enough to be UK Radio friendly - more Radio One than 2 and I just don't think that One would play any Diana record now.

    Most stations aren't wowed by it.

    What will be important is I Still Believe.

    If it's any way decent I think Radio 2 will support it which will be a big boost for the album.
    For those of us not in the UK, what is the difference between Radio 2 and Radio 1? Is Radio 2 more adult contemporary while Radio 1 is for the younger audience? Are there other BBC or radio formats in the UK that would be friendly to new music from Diana Ross?

  20. #70
    BBC Radio 1 is a national station playing current chart music and I use the word 'music' rather loosely. I do not think of the likes of Cardi B as having anything to do with music but then I'm an old person! Its sister station, Radio 2 is more current pop, MOR, oldies and the like. I believe that that 'Thank You' got a lot of plays but I have yet to hear 'Danced'. It could be that it falls between two stools! The UK has lots of local BBC & commercial radio stations but I never listen to them so I can't comment on their playlists. A video would have helped promotion but it's really the kids who drive the sales in the singles chart. Diana is simply not relevant or even on their radar! I only buy downloads if there is no other option and I don't like 'Danced' enough to buy it. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by copley; 09-07-2021 at 02:56 PM.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    BBC Radio 1 is current chart music and I use the word 'music' rather loosely. I do not think of the likes of Cardi B as having anything to do with music but then I'm an old person! Radio 2 is more current pop, MOR, oldies and the like. I believe that that 'Thank You' got a lot of plays but I have yet to hear 'Danced'. It could be that it falls between two stools! The UK has lots of local BBC & commercial radio stations but I never listen to them so I can't comment on their playlists. A video would have helped promotion but it's really the kids who drive the sales in the singles chart. Diana is simply not relevant or even on their radar! I only buy downloads if there is no other option and I don't like 'Danced' enough to buy it. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the info! I'm in the US here. I won't buy "If the World Just Danced" until the album comes out as I want to own the album. I downloaded the Thank You single, which is my favorite so far of the songs I've heard so far.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    134
    While it’s certainly contemporary sounding, perhaps it’s just not special enough to cause much of a stir as a single. It really needs tv promotion.

  23. #73
    Ollie, I think that you hit the nail on the head. It's just not special enough to get noticed. However as I said it's the kids who buy singles/downloads/streaming and no way will they buy Diana Ross because they have never heard of her. Other artists like Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams, Take That, Barry Manilow, Cher, Paul McCartney, Madonna have not had a big hit single in ages but they still sell albums.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6,310
    Rep Power
    127
    I still feel like the song could be a hit if the promotion is handled correctly. I really love this song. But whether it hits or not, the important thing is that I like it, the album seems promising and it'll be nice to have some new Ross to listen to.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    134
    It’s not enough to just release a song, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
    With promotion “Just Danced”could take off, but it’s simply just not happening at the mo.
    From what we have heard i think the album will be a quality release. At that point Diana really is going to have to make some effort at promotion.

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    644
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    It’s not enough to just release a song, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
    With promotion “Just Danced”could take off, but it’s simply just not happening at the mo.
    From what we have heard i think the album will be a quality release. At that point Diana really is going to have to make some effort at promotion.
    Absolutely delighted but actually pretty shocked because I didn't really think it was their sort of music but If The World Just Danced has been added to the Radio 2 "A" play list with effect from today [[11 September)!

    Radio 2 is the most listened radio station in the UK.

    I personally really like Dance now more so than Thank You - it almost certainly got squeezed out by all the Abba mania last week.

    Because of how the charts work nowadays it won't chart [[and the record comany know this) because artists like Diana simply don't get streamed big time but what it does serve to do is bring attention to the new album.

    What we really need now is for the third single to be a huge melodic ballad.

    There's no point in burying our head in the sand, Diana in the main is not a massive album seller in the UK [[hit collections excepted).

    She certainly has had some big albums here [[ones which have contained a big hit single) but just as many if not more which have charted lowly for just a couple of weeks and sold mediocrely.

    If Diana does not do some promotion then as you say the album could just slip by quietly without causing much of a ripple.

    They've already changed the release date once - would it be so difficult to put it back another week or two [[even forward)?

    Surely someone at Decca must realise that to release it on the same day as the new Abba album is literally suicide - it will get swamped.

    Of course maybe Decca and Diana have something big planned in the way of promotion which we don't know about yet but I somehow very much doubt it.

    Just a pity Bluebrock is not about to tell us what the heck is going on - they've already bungled the release of If The World Just Danced.

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,123
    Rep Power
    70
    Diana’s biggest successes have been singing about falling in and out of love.
    An album of uplifting messages seems ill-advised.
    She somehow believes she has the power to change the world.
    She is going to be very disappointed.

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    Rep Power
    161
    i like the new song Dance and think its very up lifting. a few appearances will do the trick and i am surprised she hasnt thus far, but with 9-11 ,our attention is on the 20th anniversary .
    but none the less, a few appearances on Ellen,GMA,Toda, . she could have done a concert on the Today show. i think would help sales. a video.
    i suppose the push back to nov is to get christmas sales. kinda get it, but what about now?
    Bluebrock sends regards.

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Absolutely delighted but actually pretty shocked because I didn't really think it was their sort of music but If The World Just Danced has been added to the Radio 2 "A" play list with effect from today [[11 September)!

    Radio 2 is the most listened radio station in the UK.

    I personally really like Dance now more so than Thank You - it almost certainly got squeezed out by all the Abba mania last week.

    Because of how the charts work nowadays it won't chart [[and the record comany know this) because artists like Diana simply don't get streamed big time but what it does serve to do is bring attention to the new album.

    What we really need now is for the third single to be a huge melodic ballad.

    There's no point in burying our head in the sand, Diana in the main is not a massive album seller in the UK [[hit collections excepted).

    She certainly has had some big albums here [[ones which have contained a big hit single) but just as many if not more which have charted lowly for just a couple of weeks and sold mediocrely.

    If Diana does not do some promotion then as you say the album could just slip by quietly without causing much of a ripple.

    They've already changed the release date once - would it be so difficult to put it back another week or two [[even forward)?

    Surely someone at Decca must realise that to release it on the same day as the new Abba album is literally suicide - it will get swamped.

    Of course maybe Decca and Diana have something big planned in the way of promotion which we don't know about yet but I somehow very much doubt it.

    Just a pity Bluebrock is not about to tell us what the heck is going on - they've already bungled the release of If The World Just Danced.
    Encouraging news regarding Radio 2. Who would have thought?.
    At the mo it’s as if the song had never been released, a huge shame as it’s a decent dance number. I’m pinning all my hopes on Diana promoting the album. Agree that the third single needs to be a killer ballad.
    The release date is of course nuts. It needs to be brought forward a week, no if’s or buts.

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Diana’s biggest successes have been singing about falling in and out of love.
    An album of uplifting messages seems ill-advised.
    She somehow believes she has the power to change the world.
    She is going to be very disappointed.
    Both Ross and Wilson became partial to message music, the last single from Ross is this and Wilson had Why Can't We All Get Along. Back in '70 both tried message songs that are enduring but didn't light up the charts in 1970, Reach Out and Touch only hit #20 and Everybody's Got The Right To Love hit #21. Still, in your 70's, songs about love might not be in the wheel except maybe remembrances of past loves.

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,074
    Rep Power
    191
    Bluebrock was and is our most valuable source to all things Diana Ross and a man of great integrity and kindness but a few members on here insulted him and questioned his information so now hes taking a break from the forum and why wouldnt he?

    Frankly i hope he comes back but if he doesnt come back I wouldnt blame him. Hes had a real tough year and now hes concentrating on his family which is his and should be his MAIN priority.

    I privately communicate with him and will be doing so again real soon but if and when he comes back and shares inside information, the few who insulted him and qestioned him should remember, in your case silence is golden.

    Please say a prayer for all of those who we lost on 9/11 20 years ago today.

    Fondly,

    Roberta

  32. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    Rep Power
    161
    I agree. I miss having Bluebrook insight.
    He was full of info and back story

  33. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,760
    Rep Power
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I agree. I miss having Bluebrook insight.
    He was full of info and back story
    Indeed, and full of life, good-deeds and familial love as well, and does not have the time [[as some posters here, past and present do) to feel the necessity to comment on each and every thread's each and every post, particularly in a negative and ill-informed fashion. Such is life on the internet.

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    10
    You all have a good evening and enjoy the music
    Last edited by after you; 09-12-2021 at 12:02 AM.

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    390
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

    if and when he comes back and shares inside information, the few who insulted him and qestioned him should remember, in your case silence is golden.
    Sadly, the most ignorant people tend not to have an off switch.

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Diana’s biggest successes have been singing about falling in and out of love.
    An album of uplifting messages seems ill-advised.
    A good point. I personally really enjoy those positive message songs, but Diana is rather renowned for her songs of love. I’m hoping the third single will fit the bill, but not before “If The World Just Danced” has been given a chance to shine.

  37. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    A good point. I personally really enjoy those positive message songs, but Diana is rather renowned for her songs of love. I’m hoping the third single will fit the bill, but not before “If The World Just Danced” has been given a chance to shine.
    I wouldn't hold your breath for that. When the Thank you single came out, it was announced that every song on the new album was going to be about uplift and positivity in the world. But hopefully that theme will incorporate songs about the happiness of being in love or finding love, or the joy of a long lasting stable and loving relationship, and not just preachy message songs. Circa and others are correct in worrying that the album will be Diana Ross' twitter feed set to music.

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Circa and others are correct in worrying that the album will be Diana Ross' twitter feed set to music.
    Those EST courses were worth their weight in gold.

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    Rep Power
    161
    Being a fan since I was 16, just hoping that this album does well for her.
    I really didn't want ILY to be her last album even though there were a few good songs but rather low budget..
    Hopefully the album will be as good as the first two singles.

  40. #90
    I listen to this song almost daily, and I must say it grows upon me.

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,719
    Rep Power
    174
    I would have to agree that I am definitely liking the song more each day. Also, I am not one to watch the charts to see where it has landed. I am really excited that Diana has released new material after all these years.

  42. #92
    this song was composed to magically stick in the brain, I listen to it while working out in the mornings and it stays there all day! I can imagine aerobics instructors using it during classes.

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    10
    If the world just danced is like upside down it stays with you one of her best singles in years

  44. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10,321
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    If the world just danced is like upside down
    it stays with you
    one of her best singles in years
    I have taken the liberty of rewriting your post in suuch a way that it needs no punctuation. Having no punctuation might be okay on short cellphone messages, but it makes longer postings on the forum a struggle to understand. I hope that if you could do your postings like the above in the future, it would be an acceptable compromise.

  45. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6,310
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    I have taken the liberty of rewriting your post in suuch a way that it needs no punctuation. Having no punctuation might be okay on short cellphone messages, but it makes longer postings on the forum a struggle to understand. I hope that if you could do your postings like the above in the future, it would be an acceptable compromise.
    I'm glad I didn't have a mouthful of liquid when I read this. Definitely avoided a laptop disaster when I guffawed.

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    10
    If the world just danced could become the next TikTok Sensation , it’s really a great tune , dance dance dance

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    134
    I have as yet to hear it being played on radio. It’s such a fun, feel-good song that is head and shoulders above much of the crap you hear being churned out all day long.
    A music video would certainly bolster its chances, but time is slipping away.

  48. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,123
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I have as yet to hear it being played on radio. It’s such a fun, feel-good song that is head and shoulders above much of the crap you hear being churned out all day long.
    A music video would certainly bolster its chances, but time is slipping away.
    to show how little I know about the music business, I always thought videos were produced and filmed BEFORE a single was released.

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    to show how little I know about the music business, I always thought videos were produced and filmed BEFORE a single was released.
    Whatever gave you that idea Circa.

  50. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    27
    This song sounds better each time I listen it. Reminds me of the finale of a great Bollywood Movie. Ms. Ross is in top form! I am hoping for a global fun dance video! The production is awesome and Ms.Ross' classic smooth vocals are in the groove. It has a similarly with Cher's "Believe"- it is instantly Bravo memorable!
    Last edited by TNSUN; 09-17-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.