[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Hi all!

Hi all!

Not sure if this is where I tell you a little about myself, if it isn’t can admin repost it in the correct area please?

Well, I began my interest in soul and Motown music when I attended a club called The Dungeon in 1966 in Nottingham, in the UK.
    it changed my musical taste!
    I recall hearing The Isley Brothers ‘ This Old Heart ‘ for the very first time as I descended the stairs to the basement, and I was hooked.
    I quickly built up a collection of 45’s and LP’s as quick that is as my pocket money and earnings from my after school job would allow.
    I was soon asked to fill in the slots between a local bands sets, and did so using a single modified record player that had a Jack socket installed so it could connect to the bands PA system!

some years later I became a proper‘professional’ DJ, and amazingly soon after that I was offered a job in the areas best local radio station.
    That was what I did for the majority of my working life, and would still be doing gigs had it not being for the global pandemic of COVID

in that time I have worked alongside, and introduced many acts, but the ‘ordinary’ none soul type bands I won’t mention, suffice to say there have been a good number of outfits I have worked with, including Jimmy Ruffin, Edwin Starr, The Contours, Chairmen Of The Board, Pat Lewis, PP Arnold, 3 Degrees, and from a later time, Alexander O’ Neal, Will Downing, Gerald Alston and others.

I hope that’s enough to be going on with, and thanks to admin for allowing me to join!

Welcome Craig!

Sounds like you have been lucky to be gave been able to indulge in your passion as a job, and have been lucky to introduce some great acts in your time!

Cheers

Paul

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Craig! I'm sure you're going to like it here.