[REMOVE ADS]

Parade Magazine 8/8/21 featured article on Aretha Franklin

The article [which nobody has mentioned as far as I know] basically shares the stories behind her 8 greatest hits.

I Never Loved A Man [The Way I Love You]; Respect; You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman; Chain of Fools; Think; I Say A Little Prayer; Rock Steady; Spanish Harlem.

The introduction states Aretha charted hits in five different decades and became the first female to be inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. She was the most successful female artist of the rock era. No fewer than 73 of her recordings made the Hot 100 chart with 38 entering the Top 40. Rolling Stone Magazine placed her at the top of its tally of the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time.

I would love to know which has accomplished the most in their lifetime, Aretha or Diana Ross. Keep in mind Diana is still competing.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    The article [which nobody has mentioned as far as I know] basically shares the stories behind her 8 greatest hits.

I Never Loved A Man [The Way I Love You]; Respect; You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman; Chain of Fools; Think; I Say A Little Prayer; Rock Steady; Spanish Harlem.

The introduction states Aretha charted hits in five different decades and became the first female to be inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. She was the most successful female artist of the rock era. No fewer than 73 of her recordings made the Hot 100 chart with 38 entering the Top 40. Rolling Stone Magazine placed her at the top of its tally of the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time.

I would love to know which has accomplished the most in their lifetime, Aretha or Diana Ross. Keep in mind Diana is still competing.
    I get 2 newspapers on Sunday [[Chicago Sun-Times & Chicago Tribune). I like Parade very much and so I saved both with the background stories on her songs. She had so many hits that how could you stop at 8. I would have done at least a top-ten and added "Ain't No Way" for sure and closed my eyes and picked another one. I will see the movie with the wife over the weekend and maybe the oldest great granddaughter.