[REMOVE ADS]

Elements of a Supremes Hit in a McDonald’s Ad

Apologies if this has been posted before:

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted before:

No apology necessary! LOL

I started a similar thread 5 months ago and not one person replied! I figured it might have been just a regional commercial. I think I noticed it initially because I was engaged in reading the newspaper or some other activity rather than actually looking at the TV. The music caught my attention, especially the ooh-oohs at the end. Very subtle and nicely done, imo.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...e-See-About-Me

Years ago there was a commercial for the Cutlass Supreme automobile. I have it on videotape. The commercial started with a voice over "Ladies & Gentlemen The Supremes" and panned to a dimly lit stage showing 3 automobiles. A friend's relative was involved. If I recall correctly, Motown advised them that it was a breach of the copyright to use the name "Supremes" but allowed them to continue to air the commercial regionally, possibly for a limited period, here in the NE, but not nationally.

Wow, I totally missed your post! Similar to your story, I was tinkering on my phone last night when it aired. It didn’t register until my partner started singing “…boo-hoo…for you…” along with it.😁 I agree, very subtly and tastefully done.

Neat, I have not seen this commercial. You certainly can't miss "the sound" they are going for.

It is without a doubt Come See About Me.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Lies. That is definitely "Buttered Popcorn".

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    I just saw this commercial and I agree with you that it's "Come See About Me".