[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    WHERE IS IT?? WHERE IS "MORE HITS?" Anyone hear anything? Is there a release date?
    This was my favorite Supremes album when I was growing up. The came 'A Go Go!

More Hits... Deluxe is in production, meaning in addition to the restoration of the original LP masters, various vault tracks are being pored over and assessed. Our release date is "the fall" - with every attempt made to maintain that timeline.

The expanded album was listed in the most recent Supremes set so that fans like yourselves would know it was coming if not right away then at the very latest within a few months. Although production on 'More Hits' had started when 'Let Yourself Go' went to press, with several other Motown, non-Motown, Select and not Select projects in the pipeline - the folks at UMe work on everything catalog, not just Select - more time was given More Hits while other releases got moved up. It's just sometimes how it goes.

[[When things take years, that's a bit more than "that's how it goes" - I get that, and I am sorry certain projects went into the ether and returned, slowly, while others remain in limbo.)

As mentioned in previous intermittent posts, I can't be on here at all times, but I can respond to classic.motown@umusic.com as timely as possible.

Happy 4th!
    HW
    Last edited by hwume; 07-03-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: clarity

we want the second volume of Marvelettes; thank YOU,and happy holiday to you

Ditto on the Marvelettes Vol 2.

I bought this album in the summer of 65 it too was my first Supremes album [[it was Supremes heaven great harmonies and lead vocals) and followed it with a bit of liverpool in the fall of 65 when the supremes were everywhere, I then bought the double touffers mhbts and supremes sing hdh, i cannot immagine what they can put on this cd that i don't already have i have the live live live show from the 64 concert at the twenty grand from the wdolg box set, If i can't hear some outtakes that flo and mary did during this time I will not be buying this. This is not like the Supremes final sessions where those songs were never released on CD, come on hippo select give us something to sink our teeth into. More Hits by the Supremes is still a great classic, I would like to see a reissue of the Supremes at the Copa with some of the songs not featured in the show in 65 like from this moment on, nothing but heartaches and Flo's people, also the Farewell Show and maybe Talk of the Town [[with Cindy's vocals turned up) as one complete live Supremes set.. More Hits By the Supremes deserves a release however for new Supremes Fans.
    Last edited by franjoy56; 07-03-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: missplelled word

Marvs V2 on track for mid-late November, so far

how come "The Copa" and "Farewell" are not on CD?

Since the year is half over and it is the 50th Anniversary for the Supremes are there other released planned before and after fall?

Ramone Verona Guest
    Bumping for joy!!

Ramone Verona Guest
    Bump For Your Love--The Pointer Sisters

Ramone Verona Guest
    [[Might As Well) BUMP!--Van Halen

"Happy is a BUMP[[y) Road" - The Supremes

Thank you HW for keeping us up to date, and for all that you do to bring these releases to us. We are a very spoiled set of fans. I don't know that any other musical act gets the quality releases that the Supremes do. As you well know, it's difficult to please everyone around these parts. Know that there are several of us that truly appreciate your hard work. We do realize that these things take time; it's not like these things can be just whipped together in a day, a week, or a month. Add to it that, surprise, there are many OTHER non-Supremes fans that need to be pleasured with a release [[wow, that came out wrong!). Personally rather wait for something than not have it at all.

More Hits was the Supremes at their best and at their peak as a group.

Well said franjoy!

i'm really excited about this one. all elements were aligning with the stars & planets for the group!

Ramone Verona Guest
    Pull Up To My BUMP-er, Baby!--Grace Jones

RossHolloway Guest
    Why bump up a thread when there is nothing new to add to the conversation?

Ramone Verona Guest
    Promotion baby, Pure Promotion!

actually Andy posted on facebook not too long ago that he was with George for some MORE work. Andy loves to be cryptic!

Ramone Verona Guest
    Releasing in November:

· More Hits By The Supremes: Expanded Edition, a limited edition 2-CD set featuring the original hit album, first issued in 1965, newly remastered in both original mono and stereo, plus two more albums' worth of unreleased and rare tracks from the "girls" in their prime. It's another in a continuing series of expanded versions of the group's original classic albums available on Motown/Hip-oSelect.com

Now I gotta go dig out my original vinyl to see if I have the stereo or mono.
    Supremes work is never done!

I want studio chatter, I want bonus tracks, I want outtakes, I want the whole shebang and to hear Mary and Flo! This is ONE album that deserves to have everything you can find I dont care if I hear HDH talking for an hour and teaching Diana her lead and Mary and Flo their backgrounds!

Hmmm, Stephanie, you know I would never disappoint you. So in case I forget to mention it this fall, be sure to play the last track on disc 1.
    Was that cryptic?

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Hmmm, Stephanie, you know I would never disappoint you. So in case I forget to mention it this fall, be sure to play the last track on disc 1.
    Was that cryptic?
    Andy, would you know if they will turn up Mary and Flo's voices at all?

Hi Marv, the mono album is the mono album, the stereo version is the stereo version. We don't make any alterations on those, but you will hear differences between the two. The bonus tracks sound great. I think everyone, Diana fans, Mary fans, Flo fans, Supremes fans will all be pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Hi Marv, the mono album is the mono album, the stereo version is the stereo version. We don't make any alterations on those, but you will hear differences between the two. The bonus tracks sound great. I think everyone, Diana fans, Mary fans, Flo fans, Supremes fans will all be pleased!
    Andy thanks. I am looking forward to this one and "hearing" my girls!

Andy one other thing. Ralph has created a "Promo Thread" on the main forum so that new releases, products, shows etc can have a permanent spot for promotion. I think it is a great idea. Check it out.

Marv

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Now those are two releases I would buy. I'd like to get hear some of the out takes from the Copa record. Maybe re-mix it up a bit. Wasn't Ross' voice over dubbed for Copa? Unless I was drunk at the time, I could have sworn I read that Gordy had her re-record her vocals and they mixed them in with the original. But then again you read a lot of crap on the internet.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    Releasing in November:

· More Hits By The Supremes: Expanded Edition, a limited edition 2-CD set featuring the original hit album, first issued in 1965, newly remastered in both original mono and stereo, plus two more albums' worth of unreleased and rare tracks from the "girls" in their prime. It's another in a continuing series of expanded versions of the group's original classic albums available on Motown/Hip-oSelect.com

Now I gotta go dig out my original vinyl to see if I have the stereo or mono.
    Supremes work is never done!
    Wait. What? I thought the only unreleased material from the Supreme's were a handful of showtunes. Does anyone have any idea what the rare tracks and unreleased stuff could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    The 1965 Copa LP was released on CD about 1990. I want to swear, but I'm not sure that Farewell was also released. I bought the Copa CD because the vinyl album was played from time to time over the years. Farewell has rarely been played. A quality CD-R could be made from the mint-condition vinyl if I really wanted a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    The 1965 Copa LP was released on CD about 1990. I want to swear, but I'm not sure that Farewell was also released. I bought the Copa CD because the vinyl album was played from time to time over the years. Farewell has rarely been played. A quality CD-R could be made from the mint-condition vinyl if I really wanted a CD.
    Farewell was also released as a double CD during this same timeframe using the revised Captured Live On Stage title.

wonder if the two other albums of material are BIT OF LIVERPOOL and WE REMEMBER SAM COOK with bonus tracks???

Quote Originally Posted by redlabs View Post
    wonder if the two other albums of material are BIT OF LIVERPOOL and WE REMEMBER SAM COOK with bonus tracks???
    I doubt it, but I certainly wish this were true. I've read repeatedly that there isn't much remaining unreleased in the vaults; I'm predicting the extras will be tracks such as Oowee Baby, It's All Your Fault, Take Me Where You Go, and others that were recorded during the MORE HITS timeline.

I am very excited about this release, but I was wondering when we will get "A Bit Of Liverpool", "We Remember Sam Cooke", and 'Sing Country, Western & Pop" on CD through Hip-oslect? Since there are not many fault tracks if any left for those 3 albums I would figure it wouldn't take as long to produce those.

Too Hurt To Cry, Too Much In Love To Say Goodbye
    Little Miss Loser

ladonna Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Farewell was also released as a double CD during this same timeframe using the revised Captured Live On Stage title.

Yes, JonnyB; however, I think the original posters were interested in having these re-released with never heard before outtakes. THAT would be something great!

Quote Originally Posted by redlabs View Post
    boy! wouldn't that be great?! what a great idea, Redlabs! such a refreshing way to sell an expanded edition! however, something tells me that "they" will hold on to those releases for their own expanded or deluxe editions. sigh

Reading that there are "two other albums of material", I'm wondering if this set will include the cancelled ""Live, Live, Live" and "A Tribute to the Girls". Both albums were slated for release around the same time as "More Hits".

The Supremes, Live, Live, Live!, a live concert recording, was scheduled for release on Motown 625 in early 1965. Although no official track list is available, the live set from the expanded fortieth anniversary edition of the Where Did Our Love Go album features tracks that were slated for inclusion on the album. The Where Did Our Love Go anniversary edition liner notes indicate the possibility of tracks from the Motor-Town Revue in Paris were also considered.

A Tribute to the Girls, was another project that Motown planned for The Supremes, yet was never completed. Several tracks were featured on the expanded release of There's a Place for Us.

it's most likely very improbable, but how exciting would it be if they finally got Diana to do the liners for one of these releases?!!

I wrote to Hipo and asked when it would be available for preorder. They wrote back that it would be available for preorder one month before it's released.

Motownlover...............they just learned from Diana saying at Farewell.................."and let's bring our boys home from VietNam..................today, tomorrow or in the coming year". Never corner yourself and leave it all openended.

Chester: I don't think you'll see Diana involved in any Supremes project. She leaves that to the others and I think it's a respectful division and the fair thing to do; she's had a lot of glory and doesn't need to crowd them out even more on these limited edition re-runs as well.

Also, I have been told that a few years back Diana complained to Berry about some of what Universal was doing; like maybe 5 years or so ago. Her complaints were not received happily or lightly and I don't believe there has been a lot of communication thereafter. I believe I heard that she has commented on some of the more recent reissues and those comments have been limited to "very nice". And they have been very well done and it would be very hard to criticize them.

But she did say they sent her buckets of money after Blue was released and she had no idea at all that it was coming out.

Now first there is that 50 Years Anniversary Singles Collection, being released as we speak. I'm glad it has all the mono 45 mixes, except for the Italian versions, strange as it is. Listen to the snippets on amazon. com. First that 'product' has to prove itself. As has the Ed Sullivan dvd.

After that, I'm talking 2012 here, will come an Expanded More Hits. Not earlier than 2012. Read my lips. Sorry, mark my words.

According to MusicTap:
    Hip-O Select have More Hits By The Supremes scheduled for CD release on November 15.

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    According to MusicTap:
    Hip-O Select have More Hits By The Supremes scheduled for CD release on November 15.
    That's great! I hope more details are released soon...

Ramone Verona Guest
    Wonderful to have pre-ordered "MORE HITS" today from Amazon!!
    Thanks again to George and Andy and Harry for bringing this release to us.
    So many have stated how it was the first LP they purchased by the Supremes back in the day!
    This CD set will also feature as a Christmas gift for a friend of mine.

Wanted to also take this time to say a HUGE thank you to several members here that sent me some highly collectible tracks
    from the girls that make discovering them once again so much fun!
    These are tracks from TV Shows that the girls recorded on the set and then the tracks were never aired or changed by the time they aired. I had the songs from the Glen Campbell show but had never heard or even knew that the girls did "Homeward Bound" as a complete song without Glenn; always assumed it was the medley so many of us have heard.
    And another friend sent an audio of a football skit/song that the girls do with Joe Namath that never aired.
    Joe is no singer! Ha.
    I guess it would reason that guests would end up doing more things than were needed for a show just like Motown recorded more songs than needed for an album and then just used what was best.
    Thought I had about seen or heard everything and now THESE fun collectibles!
    MORE of "these hits", please!

Is there a track listing please?

I just pre ordered from Amazon..

So this fall we have:

MORE HITS BY THE SUPREMES
    THE SUPREMES 50TH ANNIVERSARY COMPLETE SINGLES COLLECTION

DIANA ROSS: GREATEST HITS

We should feel fortunate to still be enjoying this music 50 years later! Thank you to all concerned!

I love it[[in spite of going broke, as The Temptations 50th and the 2nd Volume of Marvelettes will help to 'break the bank"!..lol