[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: MJ and Klymaxx

MJ and Klymaxx

Does anyone know of any connection between Michael and Klymaxx's "I Miss You"? I have ALWAYS thought that this could have been passed off as a MJ ballad. Joyce Irby GIVES you some Michael on this song. Maybe it's just my ears? Close your eyes and take a listen; especially to the "I've got to gather my sense together" lick.

It's not just your ears, mary...dozens of people over the years have said the same thing
    about Fenderella's performance of this song. I have Klymaxx's stuff and I remember first
    hearing this wayyyyyy back in the day and thinking " A woman who phrases just like
    Michael Jackson! Wow!..." There's been no connection between the two I know of. They
    were not on Motown. The closest it got was Teena Marie's later strong friendhsip with
    Bernadette Cooper, the groups drummer and leader. Even then that was after Tee left
    Motown. George Clinton wanted Joyce/Fenderella so bad for his own groups. He was the one who gave her that alias I've been told....

Actually Joyce released an album on Motown in 1989 [[MOT-6267). During that time I was signed to Bernadette Cooper's publishing company as a songwriter, and I have a song I co-wrote with Bernadette on Joyce's album. I performed all of the music tracks.. Enjoy!

Well, great googa mooga...I totally missed that release, brothadc...I'm going to investigate
    it further via youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by brothadc View Post
    Actually Joyce released an album on Motown in 1989 [[MOT-6267). During that time I was signed to Bernadette Cooper's publishing company as a songwriter, and I have a song I co-wrote with Bernadette on Joyce's album. I performed all of the music tracks.. Enjoy!
    Wow, so you're on her hit "Hey Mr. DJ" as well? If so, fantastic!

I follow Ms. Irby on IG. She once sent me a very nice video thank you for following.

Wow, all these years I thought I was the only one that thought she sounded like MJ. Good to know others hear it too.

No Sansradio, I'm not on "Hey Mr. DJ". I did however do some keyboard work, playing string sounds, on "I Love You", the other song that Bernadette produced on Joyce's album. I absolutely loved working with Bernadette, whom I feel has always been very underrated as a writer and producer. I love Joyce as well and was very happy to be on her album!

Quote Originally Posted by brothadc View Post
    No Sansradio, I'm not on "Hey Mr. DJ". I did however do some keyboard work, playing string sounds, on "I Love You", the other song that Bernadette produced on Joyce's album. I absolutely loved working with Bernadette, whom I feel has always been very underrated as a writer and producer. I love Joyce as well and was very happy to be on her album!
    Gotcha. I looked you up on Discogs yesterday. What an impressive resumé!

And you’re absolutely right—Bernadette does not get the flowers that she deserves. She’s truly one of a kind.

Thank you all for contributing to the thread! The things you learn and the people you meet!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Gotcha. I looked you up on Discogs yesterday. What an impressive resumé!

And you’re absolutely right—Bernadette does not get the flowers that she deserves. She’s truly one of a kind.
    Thank you so much, I appreciate that!