[REMOVE ADS]

Is Diana Ross the Queen of beautiful music

Miss Ross has has so much beautiful music I consider her the Queen of beautiful music

Diana is more like the Countess.

Karen Carpenter is the Queen.

Roberta Flack is the queen. Miss Ross is more like a chamber maid.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    Ha ha. Goodness me. I don't quite know what to say Bobby, but i suspect afteryou really will be afteryou once he/she reads this.
    Incidentally would you employ Miss Ross as a chambermaid? Do you think she would clean your room to a high standard?
    I am cautiously looking forward to the responses on here, especially from afteryou!
    Your post has really brought a smile to my face. Thank you!

I guess it all depends on how one defines "beautiful music". Diana Ross certainly recorded some beautiful songs. For me my "Queen" of beautiful music would be Judith Durham.

^ ^ Liberace.

It's difficult for me, living here in Trump-merica, to express how sad and angry it makes me to see an intelligent and accomplished Black American woman 'jokingly' referred to as a "chambermaid". Seriously. Think about it. Not for one second humorous. Not cool. Not humane. Not even a little bit. Seriously. Not one bit.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 07-25-2021 at 07:43 PM.

What’s a roberrrtto hack go got it so wrong back to the tower and stay there you salty …. Bobby C and the angry inch just for fun

And if it brought a smile to your face tell Diana Ross I wonder what she would say

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    And if it brought a smile to your face tell Diana Ross I wonder what she would say
    Even i am not brave enough to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    It's difficult for me, living here in Trump-merica, to express how sad and angry it makes me to see an intelligent and accomplished Black American woman 'jokingly' referred to as a "chambermaid".
    Well remember she used to collect dirty dishes in a cafeteria and wipe down tables. Not that different from the duties of a chambermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    You are naughty Bobby. Nobody seems to mind when Diana is referred to in biblical terms by the hairy scary fan brigade lol. That can be just as offensive to some.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Diana is more like the Countess.

Karen Carpenter is the Queen.
    I will grant and hereby decree that Karen Carpenter is Queen, Diana Ross a Duchess and Roberta Flack a Countess or Baroness. They all made some beautiful music.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    Well remember she used to collect dirty dishes in a cafeteria and wipe down tables. Not that different from the duties of a chambermaid.
    I never knew that. You learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    I will grant and hereby decree that Karen Carpenter is Queen, Diana Ross a Duchess and Roberta Flack a Countess or Baroness. They all made some beautiful music.
    It is, afterall, subjective. Diana of course has recorded some beautiful music. Roberta as well. And Dionne, and Aretha, and Karen, and Babs, and Gladys, and Cher, and every other DIVA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I never knew that. You learn something new every day.
    I think it might have been from Nelson George's 'Where Did Our Love Go'. Her first job? In a department store in Detroit from memory.

It was Hudson's Department Store in Detroit. Miss Ross was said to be the first black woman to be allowed to enter the dining area [[to clear tables) although there must have been some black customers eating there. Even then, she exuded an aura of elegance, energy and professionalism that caused people to take a positive interest in her, although she was unobtrusive, unlike Lily Tomlin, another young girl from Detroit, who, when working as a waitress in a Howard Johnson's in the Times Square area would, on occasion, announce over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, please give a big round of applause to our Employee of the Week, Miss Lily Tomlin, now entering the dining room," before she stepped out to take orders. This got Lily both bigger tips and fired.

Quote Originally Posted by benross View Post
    It was Hudson's Department Store in Detroit. Miss Ross was said to be the first black woman to be allowed to enter the dining area [[to clear tables) although there must have been some black customers eating there. Even then, she exuded an aura of elegance, energy and professionalism that caused people to take a positive interest in her, although she was unobtrusive, unlike Lily Tomlin, another young girl from Detroit, who, when working as a waitress in a Howard Johnson's in the Times Square area would, on occasion, announce over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, please give a big round of applause to our Employee of the Week, Miss Lily Tomlin, now entering the dining room," before she stepped out to take orders. This got Lily both bigger tips and fired.

Love that story ! Fantastic!

It's difficult for me, living here in Trump-merica, to express how sad and angry it makes me to see an intelligent and accomplished Black American woman 'jokingly' referred to as a "chambermaid". Seriously. Think about it. Not for one second humorous. Not cool. Not humane. Not even a little bit. Seriously. Not one bit.
    Diana Ross has thirteen bathrooms , six at her expansive compound in Connecticut and seven at her beachside home in LA. Do you really think she cleans those herself ?? lol!!!
    When do you think was the last time Stevie Wonder mopped his own floors? Or Berry Gordy cleaned out his own swimming pool? Or Don Lemon scrubbed out his own soiled chonies??
    These people are LIVING the Trump-merica dream and loving every minute of it.

Supremes and all I do declare that Ross yes Ross is the Queen of beautiful music and hers 18 cheers to Mary B long live the real Queen of good wine tasteful men and beautiful manners

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Diana Ross has thirteen bathrooms , six at her expansive compound in Connecticut and seven at her beachside home in LA. Do you really think she cleans those herself ?? lol!!!
    When do you think was the last time Stevie Wonder mopped his own floors? Or Berry Gordy cleaned out his own swimming pool? Or Don Lemon scrubbed out his own soiled chonies??
    These people are LIVING the Trump-merica dream and loving every minute of it.
    Maybe Diana Ross cleans her bathrooms when she's in a Joan Crawford type mood and her "Helga" doesn't do a good enough job cleaning the floor, and/or when Diana is feeling mad at the dirt and has to take matters into her own hands to get the job done right?

Whistle while you work ☕️��[♂️Those maids are a working we love them ☕️ Just whistle while you workAnd cheerfully together we can tidy up the place
    So hum a merry tune
    It won't take long when there's a song to help you set the pace

And as you sweep the room
    Imagine that the broom is someone that you love
    And soon you'll find you're dancing to the tune
    When hearts are high the time will fly so whistle while you work

So whistle while you work

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Maybe Diana Ross cleans her bathrooms when she's in a Joan Crawford type mood and her "Helga" doesn't do a good enough job cleaning the floor, and/or when Diana is feeling mad at the dirt and has to take matters into her own hands to get the job done right?
    That is my favorite scene from that movie. I use the phrase, "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the dirt" frequently when I am dealing with a store salesperson regarding an issue with the price or the store's policy. It makes the employee smile, and it eases the tension. And it often gets me what I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Ha ha. Goodness me. I don't quite know what to say Bobby, but i suspect afteryou really will be afteryou once he/she reads this.
    Incidentally would you employ Miss Ross as a chambermaid? Do you think she would clean your room to a high standard?
    I am cautiously looking forward to the responses on here, especially from afteryou!
    Your post has really brought a smile to my face. Thank you!
    I think that she would do a great job because she seems to want to do her best and shine at anything she attempts. For my house, she would need great organizational skills as I am much more messy than I am dirty.

Peace: I feel similarly. I’m trying not to. I don’t want to be in a place where so much can be construed so awfully, but I’m afraid it is where we are. I would bet my unplayed, first pressing 45 of I Hear Symphony that Blue meant nothing by it, but I thought the same thing initially - but I won’t go there. Hopefully all likeminded individuals will work like dogs to fight these haters at the ballot box and beyond. Maybe one day folks will see when we are attacked by Martians or natural disasters that we are, after all, one. In the meantime, I’m going to try to see the best in folks.

How dare this person called Diana Ross a chambermaid how disgusting of you or even on the site If you’re in the trash she has done more for human rights Then one can realize she is a human rights Activist show music she opened up doors for black folks to really see how they can live for a wonderful life so I would rethink your thoughts it’s clear who the haters are she fought for every thing she got and is well loved and respected

Name:  9E4B1FEE-AF38-4CCE-B8B2-98D4C0FAA4B2.png
Views: 331
Size:  10.6 KB

I have met some wonderful chambermaids over the years who were honest, hardworking and decent individuals. I personally would be proud to be referred to as a chambermaid.
    I will admit it’s not very likely, but i would be proud all the same.
    All this grabbing of pearls is rather silly. People need to lighten up. Life’s to short.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I have met some wonderful chambermaids over the years who were honest, hardworking and decent individuals. I personally would be proud to be referred to as a chambermaid.
    I will admit it’s not very likely, but i would be proud all the same.
    All this grabbing of pearls is rather silly. People need to lighten up. Life’s to short.

Exactly right Ollie. Besides being hypersensitive , what a bunch of snobs!!!

And there's nothing racial about chambermaid ..... but as usual , to paraphrase the J5, got to go there .....