[REMOVE ADS]

Goldie and the Gingerbreads

Just put an order in and went back and looked and apparently, got the last
    copy. They restock. I've never seen an entire CD devoted to them.

Goldie & The Gingerbreads
    Thinking About The Good Times – Complete Recordings 1964 to 1966

You requested this item on July 24, 2021

CD [[Item 988070) Ace [[UK), Mid 60s — Condition: New Copy

Just Sold Out!
    CD

Add to
    Watch List
    Send In Stock
    Notice

Related searches

Goldie & The Gingerbreads
    Ace
    Ace [[label)
    Rock [[CD, LP)

A heck of a great girl group from the 60s – one who never got much play on our side of the Atlantic, but who were one of the most unique UK groups of the time! For one thing, the quartet didn't just sing to studio backings – they also played their own instruments too – which made them more in the mode of some of the mod male British acts of the time than some of the more polished Brit pop female singers! Not that they didn't get great help in the studio, though – as some of these cuts feature top production efforts from giants like Alan Price and Shel Talmy – both of whom never get in the girls' way, and just find a mode to let their sound shine even more strongly on record! Goldie & The Gingerbreads never got the full fame they deserved – save for a few singles issued on Decca and smaller labels – but they did record plenty for a brief stretch, as you'll hear here in a selection of 20 tracks that includes a few unissued tracks done for Atlantic Records as well. Titles include "That's Why I Love You", "Can't You Hear My Heartbeat", "Look For Me Baby", "The Skip", "VIP", "Bye Bye Baby", "What Kind Of Man Are You", "Something Beautiful", "Chew Chew Fee Fi Fum", "Little Boy", and "Sporting Life". © 1996-2021, Dusty Groove, Inc.

According to Amazon US, this isn't even available until August 6, 2021. Just put in my pre-order. I wish someone would release Genya Ravan's self-titled Columbia album in digital. I wore that album out back in the day. And the single of Mammy Blue, which I still remember her doing on a TV show.
    Last edited by thommg; 07-26-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Seems that at times Dusty Groove gets them first? Checked my tracking and it should
    be here in a day or so.

That's good going, especially as you can't even get it from Ace until 30th July. I'm without amplification currently and have at least two box sets coming that day. I'll definitely go for this once back on track though. I wonder why they didn't go to 67 and include "different circles"?

My CD arrived yesterday. The booklet [[almost book) that accompanied it was fabulous.
    Phenomenal amount of pics and one of the better liner notes I've seen of recent years.
    Ace really did them justice. If you're a fan or even mildly interested...this is a must have.

Just wondered why they're called a UK girl group in Post 1; I always thought they were American.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Just wondered why they're called a UK girl group in Post 1; I always thought they were American.
    They were an American group. They were big in England and played there a lot in the beginning, so maybe that was the UK reference?