[REMOVE ADS]

Billy Eckstine Love of Ivy Playboy After Dark

At about 15:56

PAD had some great performers; thanks for posting this episode. Mr. B was a parental favorite while growing up and holds sentimental value. PAB - they just don't do sleaze like they used to! The princess phone on the limo floor, right??

I've never heard Billy's version of this song. Shirley Horn did the vocal for the film.

The title song of Billy's third Motown album [[although inthe UK the album was entitled "Gentle On My Mind"). Great voice and he recorded some great songs with Motown - I like his take on "Together Til' The End Of Time" from the same album. Great find Lucky.

I like the look of this show - very much of it's time though - don't think we ever got this over in the UK but wonderful to see Mr E in action - you know he did an awful lot of MOR at Motown but there were [[like Barbara McNair) some amazing performances such as the aforementioned Together 'Til The End Of Time and his take on Stevie W's, Walk Down That Road...

I do find that I like a fair proportion of his Motown work and there have been some treasures released from the vaults "Kickin' Stones", "Umbrella Man" etc. But it's hard to listen to "Looking Down" - such depressive words in a jolly tune. Enjoyable yet deadly serious!

Billy Eckstine appeared again on PAD performing "Didn`t We" , "Everything I Have Is Yours" and duetted with Linda Ronstadt on "God Bless The Child". I`ve always liked "You Better Believe It" on the featured video.