Hello friends. Was wondering if perhaps with the pandemic [[hopefully) mostly behind us and people getting out and about more, perhaps this is an idea whose time has come.

I recently moved back to the Detroit area where I grew up, after living on the West Coast for years. I was wondering if there was any interest amongst Detroit area SDF members to meet or get together once in a while and have our own "Motown related events," or just to socialize perhaps.

While living in Southern California, I really wanted to meet a few local members but it just never worked out, unfortunately. I've gotten to know a few members as friends, which has been wonderful. I also met a few of our fellow SDF friends at the two "Partners" concerts by Scherrie and Susaye, such as Joseph [["Sophisticated_Soul").

The most logical place to start might be a visit to the Motown Museum, although I believe it's closed right now for renovations. Still, there are probably lots of other things to do, or just to meet and talk about music would be fun as well. One thing I learned by becoming buddies with my friend Philles/Motown_Gary is that although we both love Motown, we almost never agree on any piece of music that Motown ever released! It's amazing to me, but I usually can figure how Gary will feel about an artist or song, simply by the way I feel. Usually if I like it, he won't and vice versa! I can't figure it out.

Anyway, if any local members might be interested, post here or send me an email. Perhaps we can plan for something later in the summer. It might be fun. After all, one can never have too many friends...or so I've been told!