[REMOVE ADS]

Phil Spector sessions on Celine Dion

There are a few snippets of 3 songs still on Youtube but yesterday there were full versions but now they are gone. Spector fans should keep looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZw-OZKf64A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPJ9qRuKXVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C637sQDrqEc

There were 3 full mixes of Is That What I Get For Loving You Baby to look out for.

Interesting. What year[[s) did they work together?

1995, so these might be released on Falling Into You 25th Ann.?

Talk of Celine Dion with a 25th Anniversary suddenly makes me realise how old I am.

I never knew Celine worked with this individual. Much as i deplore what he did in his personal life he was without doubt a musical genius. Celine is/was one of the best female voices of the 90's. I need to check these out.

The story goes that Phil was a nightmare to work with [[no surprise) and made Celine cry. After completing only these initial demos, her late husband/manager, Renee, put an end to any further studio work with Phil, due to his behaviour and likely due to the somewhat inferior musical results.

There was a fan campaign to have these songs released. The tapes were bought by a Phil Spector collector from Phil Spector's estate after he passed, for a sum of $25,000. The collector made his copy of the tape and wanted to recoup his money, and offered to sell it for $15,000 to a group of Celine fans, who had created a campaign to raise money for the purchase. Seeing that the full songs were posted earlier this week on YouTube, my guess is that they did indeed end up purchasing the tapes and the recordings are likely circulating. Supposedly Celine and Renee never wanted this music released, but there does seem to be some interest in these tracks. Neat to hear these longer clips, as I had only previously heard very short 10 second clips of each.

Thanks for sharing, boyfromxtown.
    Last edited by carlo; 07-24-2021 at 07:55 PM.